NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they are starting to get the full stock in. :clap good sign

Did you get any? How where the paint apps?

I only bought one, I went through them all to get the good one and there were imperfections on them and varying colors of lips.

What were the most glRing problems you saw with the others. Just the lips?
There were some that had some small spec of paint or smudge on the flesh color part of face. Like a black dot. Nothing major. Mine has a minor imperfection below the mandible portion but it's hidden it looks great.

Wow! That cape upgrade looks awesome. The only real complaint for me is the stock cape. It kind of cheapens the figure a little bit. I can live with it but that is the one thing I would change about mine.
Yeah the stock cape looks surprisingly cheap to me, considering how great the 1/4 cape is on the Keaton Batman.

got my bats from wb ebay store today, was blessed with good paint, good packaging, bats looks great, I'm very happy indeed, thanks neca.

Just got back from my local TRU, didn't have them Tuesday but had them today, there was only 4 when I got there, they had the figures and BRs in a case they lock up all their BRs in. I didn't get to be selective, the paint apps on his bat symbol are slightly sloppy but I can fix that myself, his face looks great so that's more important, what an amazing figure, in some ways I like it better than the Hot Toys figure I used to have.

Just got back from my local TRU, didn't have them Tuesday but had them today, there was only 4 when I got there, they had the figures and BRs in a case they lock up all their BRs in. I didn't get to be selective, the paint apps on his bat symbol are slightly sloppy but I can fix that myself, his face looks great so that's more important, what an amazing figure, in some ways I like it better than the Hot Toys figure I used to have.

I quit collecting awhile ago, sold 99% of my collection, and I just had to get this figure. It is hands down one of my favorites.

My dream come true!

1979579_10152490733456581_8238654774003694922_n.jpg

My dream come true!

1979579_10152490733456581_8238654774003694922_n.jpg
That is beautiful, wow :hi5

I got mine from the ebay store too. Sadly it has a little scuff on the cowl face and I found the hands to be a pain to attach, but it's even better in hand than I imagined. I'm so glad to have a great form of Keaton since I've been looking for the DX09 and waiting on the DX15. This may be my favorite NECA figure of this year, and I'm almost tempted to get the video game tribute now.

Today was a nice day for action figures.

I went pretty far up north to pick up my brother from college for his winter break. About an hour up, I hit this huge Toys R Us and their NECA section was filled with goodies my local TRU has never seen. I got some of the new Planet of the Apes figures (really wanted Zira), Robo/Terminator Endoskeleton and . . . an '89 Batman. Store had three of them. The figures were buy one get one. I got one Batman which was pretty decent. The ears looked a little warped, but it'll be my opener.

Funny enough, my total there was exactly 89 bucks. :lol

IMG_1888.jpg

Then when I got home. There were two boxes on my porch. Hot Toys Robocop from BBTS and another anniversary '89 Batman from when I ordered with WB on ebay. The '89 Batman in this one is PERFECT. Seriously, no paint slop, perfect symbol, fantastic eyes. Leaving it carded.

IMG_1882.jpgIMG_1884.jpg

Wow that IS a great example! Gives me hope that my ebay fig (due to arrive tomorrow) will be nice too. I got one from a local TRU on 12/9 (they honored the release date) I got to choose from about nine figures the one I got was the only nice paint job on the bat symbol, the rest were pretty bad. Haven't opened him yet, waiting to see my ebay fig first, gonna open one of em, prolly the TRU one y'know cuz the sticker on the blister I have a Nintendo fig that I painted black but every time I pose him some paint comes off and shows the purple underneath:gah:

Today was a nice day for action figures.

I went pretty far up north to pick up my brother from college for his winter break. About an hour up, I hit this huge Toys R Us and their NECA section was filled with goodies my local TRU has never seen. I got some of the new Planet of the Apes figures (really wanted Zira), Robo/Terminator Endoskeleton and . . . an '89 Batman. Store had three of them. The figures were buy one get one. I got one Batman which was pretty decent. The ears looked a little warped, but it'll be my opener.

Funny enough, my total there was exactly 89 bucks. :lol

View attachment 151498

Then when I got home. There were two boxes on my porch. Hot Toys Robocop from BBTS and another anniversary '89 Batman from when I ordered with WB on ebay. The '89 Batman in this one is PERFECT. Seriously, no paint slop, perfect symbol, fantastic eyes. Leaving it carded.

View attachment 151496View attachment 151497

Received mine in the mail today from a really cool friend (you know who you are ;) ) who picked one up for me after an unsuccessful visit to TRU on tuesday. He looks phenomenal.

I went to four different stores in the last couple days and nothing. An employee at one store on Tuesday told me they sold out that day, and the other stores knew nothing about it. I was able to order one earlier today on Toysrus website after watching the listing religiously to see if it would become available to order again. It didn't seem like it was available to order for very long today. Thanks to the forum members letting us know it would become available again to order after speaking with NECA! Now I am crossing my fingers for a decent paint app.

The old Toy Biz figures really were ******. Especially the one with the "comic style" head...at least the regular one tried to look like Keaton's face even though it looked like it was sculpted out of a bar of soap.

There was only ONE thing in the universe I wanted the summer of 1989....that stupid Toy Biz Batman figure. And I never saw it at the stores...just Joker and Bob the Goon. It would be many months before I finally got my own Batman movie figure with oversized, inaccurate speargun, stupid zipline utlity belt, and incorrect bat symbol. But it was all we got, so I loved it anyway. But man....the AGONY of wanting that figure and not having it...for MONTHS...UGH!!

And now as a 37 year old (supposedly) adult male....I am feeling that agony all over again.

I want this figure.

Want. Want. WAAAAAANNNNT!!!

The old Toy Biz figures really were ******. Especially the one with the "comic style" head...at least the regular one tried to look like Keaton's face even though it looked like it was sculpted out of a bar of soap.

There was only ONE thing in the universe I wanted the summer of 1989....that stupid Toy Biz Batman figure. And I never saw it at the stores...just Joker and Bob the Goon. It would be many months before I finally got my own Batman movie figure with oversized, inaccurate speargun, stupid zipline utlity belt, and incorrect bat symbol. But it was all we got, so I loved it anyway. But man....the AGONY of wanting that figure and not having it...for MONTHS...UGH!!

And now as a 37 year old (supposedly) adult male....I am feeling that agony all over again.

I want this figure.

Want. Want. WAAAAAANNNNT!!!

I never liked the Toy Biz '89 Batman. I thought the sculpts sucked even as a kid and I hated the belt gimmick. The figure I REALLY wanted was the mock up on the back of it's card. That glorious Super Powers repaint in the black and gold '89 film color scheme.

Personally, I preferred the Kenner Dark Knight Collection Batman figures a year later. He actually looked like Keaton, was a great retool of the Super Powers sculpt and had that great sculpted belt, boots and cowl scallops.

Back