NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went and asked yesterday and nobody had any clue what I was talking about. They looked it up online and it said "not available in stores" blah blah blah. Then they told me they are closing January 21st. I have known several of the management employees for years and it sucks for them. But I barely stop there anymore because the adult collectibles are almost non existent. Never got any of the classic POTA figures. Was surprised when I saw the NES Batman figure. Either way, it's going to be weird not having a Toys R Us in my area. But with the way Toys R Us mishandles EXCLUSIVES it's no surprise more stores are not closing down. I missed the ebay preorder so I'll probably just repaint the NES Batman. Not worth $45 it's going for on ebay. It just sucks because I have dreamed of this figure since the classic Toybiz figures I once cherished.

I went and asked yesterday and nobody had any clue what I was talking about. They looked it up online and it said "not available in stores" blah blah blah. Then they told me they are closing January 21st. I have known several of the management employees for years and it sucks for them. But I barely stop there anymore because the adult collectibles are almost non existent. Never got any of the classic POTA figures. Was surprised when I saw the NES Batman figure. Either way, it's going to be weird not having a Toys R Us in my area. But with the way Toys R Us mishandles EXCLUSIVES it's no surprise more stores are not closing down. I missed the ebay preorder so I'll probably just repaint the NES Batman. Not worth $45 it's going for on ebay. It just sucks because I have dreamed of this figure since the classic Toybiz figures I once cherished.

The original eBay listing was for $30 and $4 S&H. The relisted eBay listing was for $30 and $12 S&H. Toys R Us was $30 plus S&H and sales tax.

My point is, if this is a figure you really want and the eBay going price is $45, I'd recommend buying 1 still. Especially knowing this won't be released again. You won't be over-spending by that much; maybe by just $4-8.

Just my 2 cents.

Not worth $45 it's going for on ebay. It just sucks because I have dreamed of this figure since the classic Toybiz figures I once cherished.

45 bucks is a bargain considering what it will be going for in a few short weeks. This is a $200-300 dollar piece come 2015. Snag one up while you can.

Randy said on twitter that they tried to do this for the DVD release but couldn't get the deal done

That was probably Mattel's doing. Since they own the 6 inch market when it comes to DC and with the 66' line still in production, it would have been hard for WB to agree to any deal, even if it was a premium for a DVD release because it would directly compete with Mattel.

The '66 movie turns 50 in just over a year. I could see them working Batman and Robin in there assuming their license holds out. And yeah, pay the $45 for Keaton Bats now or pay a premium for it later. This is not a big production run.

Man, I saw 12 of these at my TRU last night. Nice figure, but I wish it came with at least a batarang.

Man, I saw 12 of these at my TRU last night. Nice figure, but I wish it came with at least a batarang.

The accessories were sealed in a small plastic baggie behind the figure. It's obscured slightly by the cape.

Went to TRU today and they only had two left. The eyes on both of them looked like they were painted by Michael J Fox...:mad: PASS!

I wonder if TRU will get any more stock... or is it just 10 for each store and they're done?

^YOU got a really good one.
Is it just me or does the cowl look even better than the 18 inch?

Edit: And I hate that Randy (from Neca's Twitter) is posting pics from ******* scalpers that bought 8 or 9 of theses guys.

BatmanBluRay.jpg
I like Loctite gel

Did you get the right blu Ray?

Nice to see that the WB store came through after all:yess:

If anyone is interested check out on YouTube " batman Luxe edition (Zavvi) the uk guy did a review on the actual blu Ray, he didn't get the figure though.

For a free blu Ray the case alone is worth it.

Here's my instagram pic of my WB eBay Keaton Bats and the Diamond Luxe Blu Ray. The Blu Ray packaging is pretty slick. I sold the one that came with my TRU Keaton Bats, so it's nice to have a new one. I do already own it in my Tim Burton Blu Ray set, but it's cool to have this one. Like I said, I lucked out on the paint and detail on my WB eBay Bats. No bright pink lips. It looks (from the front, at least) to be in pretty decent shape. The logo on his chest looks at little crooked, but I think that's just the way he's positioned in the package. Nothing to really complain about.

On the 66 NECA 1/4 Adam West Batman, however, I tried gluing his leg with Loctite and a special glue I found that specifically stated it can be used on toys. Neither of them worked. I am trying gorilla glue currently and am just going to let it dry over night and see what we have in the morning. If it doesn't work, I'll take it to my dad and we'll figure out a way to connect the two joints. So, it'll all work out in the end. Just a bummer that I barely had him out of the package before he busted.

View attachment 151126

On the 66 NECA 1/4 Adam West Batman, however, I tried gluing his leg with Loctite and a special glue I found that specifically stated it can be used on toys. Neither of them worked. I am trying gorilla glue currently and am just going to let it dry over night and see what we have in the morning. If it doesn't work, I'll take it to my dad and we'll figure out a way to connect the two joints. So, it'll all work out in the end. Just a bummer that I barely had him out of the package before he busted.

What happened to your Adam West figure?

So far DiFabio wins the thread not only for best pics, but his figure has what looks like almost perfect paint apps on the symbol. Lucky, lucky guy.

When I get mine, if the symbol is painted all crooked.....I'll....I'll just..........I'm gonna set the building on fire.

milton-judge.jpg

from the looks of it, a long night of ranch dressing and Reese cookies will do that…

This made me laugh out loud this morning... Kudos. :)

Finally got to open one up last night. Absolutely head over heels for this figure. Sure, Hot Toys rules the roost & the NECA 1/4 scale is a pretty amazing release too... But as far as cost versus what you get, this 7" might be the winner.

Should have a full review up early next week....

Sallah

Found four at a local TRU, bought one. After futzing around got him to look ok. The cape is horrible though and I may change it.

Got my set from the WB ebay site yesterday. I was initially scared when I got it because the box looked like Ace Ventura delivered it. However, the contents were just fine. This definitely looks like Keaton to me.

45 bucks is a bargain considering what it will be going for in a few short weeks. This is a $200-300 dollar piece come 2015. Snag one up while you can.

Bought one off of ebay. Screw it, I need a 7" Keaton Batman in my collection. Keaton is still my favorite Batman and the nostalgia got the better of me.

Back