NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the boards, glad to have you here.

Did you open it up? How is it. I saw a few of these on ebay and it looks like they have pasty faces and pink lips, did the final production figure turn out well.

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you here.

Did you open it up? How is it. I saw a few of these on ebay and it looks like they have pasty faces and pink lips, did the final production figure turn out well.

I opened him up a couple hours ago. He does have pink lips, which I'm not a fan of. I've seen customs that look better. The skin tone doesn't look bad. Especially for a figure of this scale and for mass production (well, not mass production, but for a least a few thousand figures I would suspect). I looked through all of the figures TRU had and most were about the same. A couple seemed like the pink lip paint gave him more of a grimace, but it didn't look natural. And for some reason, he stands a little more awkwardly than my NES version. Maybe I just need to work the joints a bit, but he kind of leans to the left and you have to fiddle with the feet to get him to stand in a naturally straight pose. Maybe it's just easier to see this with this paint as opposed to the NES one. But I still enjoy it. Looks great next to my NES figure. I'll take some pics and post them soon. Thanks for the warm welcome, DiFabio!

Hi, can somebody buy one of this and send me to Spain? , i think here we can't see it😢😢😯

I opened him up a couple hours ago. He does have pink lips, which I'm not a fan of. I've seen customs that look better. The skin tone doesn't look bad. Especially for a figure of this scale and for mass production (well, not mass production, but for a least a few thousand figures I would suspect). I looked through all of the figures TRU had and most were about the same. A couple seemed like the pink lip paint gave him more of a grimace, but it didn't look natural. And for some reason, he stands a little more awkwardly than my NES version. Maybe I just need to work the joints a bit, but he kind of leans to the left and you have to fiddle with the feet to get him to stand in a naturally straight pose. Maybe it's just easier to see this with this paint as opposed to the NES one. But I still enjoy it. Looks great next to my NES figure. I'll take some pics and post them soon. Thanks for the warm welcome, DiFabio!

Good to hear, looking forward to seeing your pics.

Some of the ones I've seen on ebay are a bit concerning. Warped torsos and belts, weirdly painted eyes, etc. I hope the one I get from the WB/Hastings store is like this,

$_57.JPG

Since I'm going to leave one carded.

Okay, so I was able to get the NES version and my new movie version down from their display and I snapped some pictures. I can't upload them straight to this thread for some reason, so here's the link to my Photobucket account - PhillipJayFry's Library | Photobucket
The paint detail on my movie version is actually a little more clean than my NES version (check photos of their Batman chest logos)
The movie version's ears are little more straight due to how he was packaged.
I think both of mine's right legs are little longer, which is why it looks like he kind of stands just a little awkwardly.
The sculpted abs fit behind the belt of the NES version a little bit better than the movie version. Movie version's pops out pretty easily.
There's quite a bit of detail on the accessories (yes, he comes with all the same accessories) for the movie version. The Grapple gun has nice detail on both sides.
There's some spots of glossy paint on the movie version, which I think contrasts nicely with the NES. You don't feel like you've bought the same figure twice, which is something I wasn't really expecting to feel.
Overall, the movie version is an excellent piece, and if you've already got him preordered or can pick him up at TRU, then that is excellent. Especially for the price. $25 at TRU is slightly more than the NES version, but if you're buying this guy, you're getting him for nostalgic purposes, I'm sure. But if you don't have him yet and want him, get to TRU now while you can. Scalpers and flippers on eBay are already jacking the price up way high. Don't let them win!

S
Okay, so I was able to get the NES version and my new movie version down from their display and I snapped some pictures. I can't upload them straight to this thread for some reason, so here's the link to my Photobucket account - PhillipJayFry's Library | Photobucket
The paint detail on my movie version is actually a little more clean than my NES version (check photos of their Batman chest logos)
The movie version's ears are little more straight due to how he was packaged.
I think both of mine's right legs are little longer, which is why it looks like he kind of stands just a little awkwardly.
The sculpted abs fit behind the belt of the NES version a little bit better than the movie version. Movie version's pops out pretty easily.
There's quite a bit of detail on the accessories (yes, he comes with all the same accessories) for the movie version. The Grapple gun has nice detail on both sides.
There's some spots of glossy paint on the movie version, which I think contrasts nicely with the NES. You don't feel like you've bought the same figure twice, which is something I wasn't really expecting to feel.
Overall, the movie version is an excellent piece, and if you've already got him preordered or can pick him up at TRU, then that is excellent. Especially for the price. $25 at TRU is slightly more than the NES version, but if you're buying this guy, you're getting him for nostalgic purposes, I'm sure. But if you don't have him yet and want him, get to TRU now while you can. Scalpers and flippers on eBay are already jacking the price up way high. Don't let them win!

Thanks for the pics

I hope you can adjust the armor on the stomach to pop behind the belt like the original version

That gut belly armor look hanging over the belt is a deal breaker imo

S

Thanks for the pics

I hope you can adjust the armor on the stomach to pop behind the belt like the original version

That gut belly armor look hanging over the belt is a deal breaker imo

You can adjust it. It just depends on what position you have him in. And I think the belt on mine is slightly crooked, which can probably be fixed but I'm content with it as is. I'm sure it's just a minor defect on mine, although I can't recall exactly how the others looked in store. Either way, should be a minor fix if present.

Also, if any of y'all want to check out my instagram, here's the link to that - Instagram
I'm usually posting pictures of my assorted figures and here lately I've been collecting a lot more so pictures will be coming more frequently probably. Feel free to stop by and check them out/follow. Whatever floats your boat. Enjoy!

Hi, can somebody buy one of this and send me to Spain? , i think here we can't see it������

I'm selfish and have bought too much for myself here recently, so unfortunately I can't help you. But maybe you can preorder it from TRU - Toysrus

Good luck, dude!

Randy said they are still trying to find a way through WB to get it over there... But that it won't likely be through UK TRU.

Sallah

Thanks for the info Sallah. Couldn't get through to their UK head office today but will try Monday.

I checked the link about two minutes after I got my pre-order through (around 11:55 est) and it was down.

Up for preorder at ToysRUs.com! No clue if they will send the right blu-ray though...

ToysRUs.com Batman Preorder

Sallah

The in-store is $25 dollars and comes with the original Blu-ray release.

The pre-order on TRU.com is $30 and says it comes with the 2-disc Diamond Luxe Edition Blu-ray.

Maybe that's why there is a price difference.

Last edited:
I checked the link about two minutes after I got my pre-order through (around 11:55 est) and it was down.

The pre-order on TRU.com is $30 and says it comes with the 2-disc Diamond Luxe Edition Blu-ray.

That is how it should work, yes... But they weren't supposed to be the original blu-ray with it in stores either. It was always supposed to be the Diamond Luxe version. The folks over at NECA didn't understand why it was like that in stores...

Since their pricing online often doesn't match what is in store, I am not sure these really will come with Diamond Luxe through the online TRU preorder. I would assume that all their stock would be the same.

Guess we'll find out once they ship...

Sallah

I wonder what happens if you make a stink about it via customer service since it shows the Diamond Luxe on their website.

I got two orders in from the Toys R Us link this morning. I was going to post it, but I saw Sallah did it already. Can't believe it was taken down that fast. Usually after you order you can still see the picture and info after they take the link down, but that isn't an option here.

A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg

I wonder if they'll cancel the orders.

I got two orders in from the Toys R Us link this morning. I was going to post it, but I saw Sallah did it already. Can't believe it was taken down that fast. Usually after you order you can still see the picture and info after they take the link down, but that isn't an option here.

I wonder if they'll cancel the orders.

So it is probably either that they sold through the stock designated for online sales... or it has to do with Blu-Ray confusion.

Sallah

How do you get it in store for 25?

Back