Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G-M53 Your Elder head repaint looks beast! Can we get an update soon? I've seen repaints of this 1/4 Elder and they looked good but meh. For some reason your one stands out! It makes me consider actually buying this figure and repainting it myself as of now I am holding out to what Hot Toys has in store as they have announced a 1/4 Predator line also. Hopefully they are more accurate as they have been with their latest AVP line and not fall back into the City Hunter faze. As of the City Hunter I may pick up the masked one and display the Sideshow Maquette unmasked since NECA's unmasked isn't so great.

G-M53 Your Elder head repaint looks beast! Can we get an update soon? I've seen repaints of this 1/4 Elder and they looked good but meh. For some reason your one stands out! It makes me consider actually buying this figure and repainting it myself as of now I am holding out to what Hot Toys has in store as they have announced a 1/4 Predator line also. Hopefully they are more accurate as they have been with their latest AVP line and not fall back into the City Hunter faze. As of the City Hunter I may pick up the masked one and display the Sideshow Maquette unmasked since NECA's unmasked isn't so great.

Thanks pally!

I tend to be too colorful with my repaints but I try to end up at a happy medium. :D

I'll try to get some updated shots this weekend. I've been working on the dreads forever already.

Here's a look at some of the bead work. Forgot to crank down the flash so it's pretty washed out but I'll take better pics soon when I've made some more progress and cleaned up the slop.

NECAElder11-95.jpg
[/URL]

why oh why doesn't neca enter the high end market??? When a better paint job is applied, you can really see the true detail in their sculpts.

They should offer a batch of $200-300 copies with top notch paint jobs and some cheapo $50-75 unpainted ones for schmoes like me that never have any money. :D

Glad you guys are having positive results with yours. I had to take a break for a week, and now that I've started painting again it's driving me insane trying to get the small details right.

Glad you guys are having positive results with yours. I had to take a break for a week, and now that I've started painting again it's driving me insane trying to get the small details right.

Good luck! I think you are too shy. I really like your painting!

Small update. Added straps on my Elder. Maybe they are not movie accurate but they hide loincloth:

Both of my guys:

You can cut the fringe of the loin cloth very nicely (did it on mine) and then put the straps on cause those seem way too big.

I took a little break from painting, because I wasn't too happy with how the legs were turning out.

644F7CF1-3038-47C2-9C28-2EF41BEEE499-2156-000004B32DFC20C0_zps4b00b9a8.jpg

Thought I would share with you guys an extremely easy way to remove paint. I've used this method tons of times on models kits and such. Wasn't too sure how well it would work on the predator, since it's a different kind of plastic, but it ended up not being a problem.

Ingredients: One tupperware container and some Dettol, or Pinesol if you're in the US.

Fill up the container and put your parts in there.

90C3E42E-6508-4FB1-8C9B-2EC9CB5C42F7-2156-000004B33A4239C0_zpsd93077fe.jpg

Let it sit overnight. The next day the paint will literally be floating around the parts like loose skin, as you can see when I shake the container in the video. Just use an old toothbrush to scrub the paint off. Keep the parts submerged to help the residual paint come off easier. Do NOT hold the parts under running water to scrub them. It'll wash the Dettol off and make the paint stick again. Not the end of the world, but it'll take a little more soaking to loosen the paint again.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchcC9GziD4[/ame]

This is what it's like when it's done being scrubbed and rinsed. Right back to the base ready to be reprimed and painted.

3C6D489D-FEB0-4A13-A984-5B3065E2D215-2156-000004B342239630_zps417a5799.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Alice, looking forward to your progress :) Good to see know there's still to come for this Thread

Time to up this thread. I have found metallic beads:

Alice, how goes your City Hunter? I really like your job!

Back