Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P10308721024x576.jpg

Sweet looking dio.:clap

I haven't been able to find a decent photo, what is the correct look for the Predators shorts?

The multilayered look as seen on the toy and on the Classic Predator from the latest movie?

or

The smooth look as seen on the Sideshow and Cinemaquette statues?

I havent got access to my behind the scenes pics at the moment, so this is the best pic I can use to show you right now -

sw006.jpg

Im pretty sure its a multi-layered look.

Just a quick question for the customizers in this thread:

How did you go about installing the quills on the unmasked face? Just make a hole with a needle and glue the quill in, or some other way?

Thanks for any answers.:)

You could definitely try a needle and glue.
If I were to do it though, I would drill tiny little holes using either a VERY small drill bit like a 0.50mm, and superglue them in. No need to use the drill itself I should imagine. Just do it by hand.
You might even be able to use a 0.5mm jewellery screwdriver to drill the hole.

This is my custom base, commissioned to a local artist...similar to Cinemaquette base, ad I asked!

96882919.jpg

33846299.jpg

59276261.jpg

35528984.jpg

58327735.jpg

83889540.jpg

010exu.jpg

011gty.jpg

012vgjj.jpg

013qto.jpg

awesome! please post more work in progress pics. looking forward to see it complete.

IMG_5309.jpg

mine versus stock, my painting skills still need improvement

IMG_7997.jpg

on the fig, much improvement in the wrist area

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

I see you are using the 18" Spider-Man figure for the joints, good choice. That is one of my top favorite figures of all time.

Let me know if you need netting, I have a ton left over.

I see you are using the 18" Spider-Man figure for the joints, good choice. That is one of my top favorite figures of all time.

Let me know if you need netting, I have a ton left over.

:panic:
Is it accurate netting or just the standard NECA netting? If its accurate netting, I will gladly buy some from you pleeeeeeease! :)

Here are some in-progress of my customized Pred. Still a lot of paint work to do (missing details & color blending right now), and he'll have an electrostatically applied suede finish on the leather parts, custom netting, and a jungle base.

prednew2x.jpg

296609_2439270949648_1488014891_32809838_872198024_n.jpg

Prednew.jpg

Haven't touched my 1:4 skull sculpture in a while, but he'll have that too. It's actually sized to the Pred, with eye sockets matched up (so a little smaller than 1:4)
quarterskull.jpg

:clap:clap:clap
VERY accurate work there!

i have found netting .. you can buy more accurate stuff if you look at walmart wink wink.. the spiderman figure is also one of my tops in terms of articulation(the best) and about the only figure around the same size. ive also got articulated torsos, feet, more flexible hips, removable jaws(ala hot toys style) and bio helmet to fit over the face all coming up in a few days. they all fit but trying diligently to tweak the paint apps because im not so versed in the artform yet :(

@Necron99 - theres no walmart in the UK or any equivalent that I know of :(
And GREAT work so far by the way!:clap Really looking forward to seeing more.

Back