Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone want 1/4 skulls? 2 for $16.00 painted and shipped in the US. International $18.00. They are solid and weigh 3 oz or so. I strung one up and hung it on his back.

14skull.jpg

My Predator arrived last week from TRU. So far I've added 98 quills (head/arm/chest), leather straps and cut all the dreds free. I'm going to wait until I can get a open mouth Predator before I begin repainting the head and body.

P6120048.jpg

Damn, he looks amazing with quills! Those leather straps are also very cool. I'd be happy with the way he looks at this point, since it's the most accurate he can get while still looking factory-fresh.

The quills are made out of a single plastic flower I bought at Micheal's yesterday for $1.25. I tore the little flowers off so I could get at the leftover plastic parts. The plastic was curved and was in the exact sizes I wanted for the face (small) and the arms/chest (large).

I used a tealight to slowly soften the plastic and very carefully stretched them into quill shapes with tweezers. I then used a razor to cut them to the appropriate length.

It was a pain, but it was well worth the time, it's hard to describe how huge of a difference it makes in person. I highly recommend it. The quills look very natural, but they don't show up in the photo very well. For example there are 16 new quills sticking out of the chest, but they photograph like all the rest.

here's my progress so far...I think he's a little yellow..might have to touch it up...
IMG_7675.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

Last edited:
Back