Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does one go about adding LEDs to the Bio? Also, where is the best place to add the switch?

I've looked through some threads and I can't seem to find the exact information I need.

Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

can be tricky.. you take off the mask after placing head in boiling water for 3 mins, then carefully cut out the hole behind the laser part on the mask, drill 3 holes thru the sight, place your led in the back,with batteries ..connect,..I drill hole and place small switch at back of head under dreads, hope this helps

can be tricky.. you take off the mask after placing head in boiling water for 3 mins, then carefully cut out the hole behind the laser part on the mask, drill 3 holes thru the sight, place your led in the back,with batteries ..connect,..I drill hole and place small switch at back of head under dreads, hope this helps

Thanks for the information. I'm trying to think of a way that won't require drilling the back of the head.

I'm thinking of utilizing the existing cables to disguise the wires and the backpack will house both switches for the canon and laser underneath. The batteries would be housed in the mask.

I'm still planning it out but I thinking this might work but I'm just afraid of drilling into the mask as I don't want to ruin it. haha.

Thanks for the information. I'm trying to think of a way that won't require drilling the back of the head.

I'm thinking of utilizing the existing cables to disguise the wires and the backpack will house both switches for the canon and laser underneath. The batteries would be housed in the mask.

I'm still planning it out but I thinking this might work but I'm just afraid of drilling into the mask as I don't want to ruin it. haha.

Awesome idea, now all u need is the confidence to pull it off :lol

I placed my laser cannon battery in back pack, the led on cannon is an easy job...lots of room to work on it, I even got lights in the wrist gauntlet with opening top too...

Awesome idea, now all u need is the confidence to pull it off :lol

:lol Thanks!

I placed my laser cannon battery in back pack, the led on cannon is an easy job...lots of room to work on it, I even got lights in the wrist gauntlet with opening top too...

Good to know. Have any photos of the cannon and gauntlet? Sounds like a neat idea. :)

There's a member on here named Ashkanis who was making and selling custom Bio's with the LED's already installed and ready to go on the head, not sure if he's still offering them but you could try if you're still nervous about attempting it.

heres my elder all accessories fitted now, i know the color sheme aint perfect, but its not bad for me with my meagre paint skills..lol...
e1010001.jpg

e1010003.jpg

e1010006.jpg

Could someone tell me what exact type of paint i could buy to paint something to look the same as the Bio mask?

I want to paint something that silver color to look the same but, i have no idea what paint to get,
same with the semi shine to it, would i need to get something extra for that?

Believe it or not but good ol' fashioned Testors Silver is a precise match for the paint NECA used for the Bio, I used it when I sanded down the seam and repainted it.

I used Testor metallic silver when I painted my HT P1's armor. Works great. Just make sure you get a good, clean surface and primer it first.

cant find any searching for testors paints on ebay uk? also are there different shades of silver in their series?? what would be correct batch number for pred color

Hmm...I can always find them -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...ESTORS+SILVER+PAINT&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Just scroll down the page a bit to see them.
You should also try clicking the "See all matching items from international sellers" link which is also located at the bottom in blue font.

There are different shades of silver but I dont know which one would be best for the Pred.

thanx tfg but all seem to be just in usa/canada none in england

:slap Sorry about that. I found these two suppliers in England -

https://www.creativemodels.net/index.php?manufacturers_id=37&osCsid=990464cc7124f47bdb812c8fa5424b91

https://www2.ripmax.net/8index.asp?PageNumber=3&Category=130PAINT

I found these links on the official Testors website.

Postage cost for the 1st website(creativemodels) is £3.00. If your order costs more than £50, then delivery is free.
I couldnt find the postage costs for the 2nd website(ripmax).

Last edited:
:yess: Ok guys, here ya go! These are the first progress shots of Joe's paintwork on the Greyback...and I must say...AWESOME!!! :yess:

Joe said he has a long way too go with this, and of course, he is very busy.

But I am so glad to finally see some paint on this Elder conversion...especially the head.

Can't thank you enough Joe...looks fantastic!!! :clap

aleld1.jpg
aleld2.jpg

Back