NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my set. Unfortunately I have a couple qc issues. But I already emailed neca and they will replace once they get replacement parts in.
15527aca1b66ad7a5512cbfff5e77b83.jpg
12489627c53ce8c679d0680b46474366.jpg
af965428147d878d2d80e3d31d5a8c88.jpg
a3167332ad4689bae69f3b12bd1e6b7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Both Psychos are me. It's just Tapatalk wouldn't sync my freaks account so made me make an new one. Now to answer your question. I popped the feet off of the 1/4 because you could get access to the joint. However on the 7 inch you can so use either superglue or floor polish.
Which Psycho was it . Psycho if you on this board today, help me out with what P was suggesting :wave

Got my set. Unfortunately I have a couple qc issues. But I already emailed neca and they will replace once they get replacement parts in.
15527aca1b66ad7a5512cbfff5e77b83.jpg
12489627c53ce8c679d0680b46474366.jpg
af965428147d878d2d80e3d31d5a8c88.jpg
a3167332ad4689bae69f3b12bd1e6b7e.jpg

:horror did that for come like that or were you articulating the foot and it split like that . What is wrong with Donny :dunno

:horror did that for come like that or were you articulating the foot and it split like that . What is wrong with Donny :dunno
No it came like that. On Donnie there's a big white spot below his elbow pad. And it's not paint it's part of the plastic or something.

Both Psychos are me. It's just Tapatalk wouldn't sync my freaks account so made me make an new one. Now to answer your question. I popped the feet off of the 1/4 because you could get access to the joint. However on the 7 inch you can so use either superglue or floor polish.

Sorry, didn’t know it was you.. is it easy to pop off the feet, heat? What do you suggest?

No it came like that. On Donnie there's a big white spot below his elbow pad. And it's not paint it's part of the plastic or something.

Who’s foot is that..yikes and are you sure you can pull the feet off so I can add the polish because the joint looks different

Who’s foot is that..yikes and are you sure you can pull the feet off so I can add the polish because the joint looks different
I'm not sure on the 7 inch. I'll talk to Trevor today and ask him. As the 7 inch feet are different than the 1/4.

I'm not sure on the 7 inch. I'll talk to Trevor today and ask him. As the 7 inch feet are different than the 1/4.

Thanks, the last thing I want is to completely mess it up over a little annoying looseness :slap

As I don’t see replacements coming anytime soon until after all preorders are taken care of. We have to remember that preorders were spread out over three days worth and even though, they sold out in record time, who knows how many where actually ordered.

So we might have to wait a few weeks for parts :dunno

Thanks, the last thing I want is to completely mess it up over a little annoying looseness :slap

As I don’t see replacements coming anytime soon until after all preorders are taken care of. We have to remember that preorders were spread out over three days worth and even though, they sold out in record time, who knows how many where actually ordered.

So we might have to wait a few weeks for parts :dunno
My guess would be an month or so. Not a big deal.

Okay here is the problem I was referring too . Note I might exaggerated the issue because this is after the fix so it's hard to completely duplicate..but here goes

Out of the box ..see the gap

Result..again, maybe not as this awkward but still was annoying

The issue..see the spots..loose glue

Result..residue

You can see the eyes aren't as bad. Could they be better..sure, but overall, it doesn't bother me that much

After some futzing with softening with heat and fitting back into place

Result

Much better

Again I only suggest this if your bandanas look really warped or crooked, if they are glued securely flush on the head then be very cautious if you want to remove or repaint the eyes as too much prying it off could tear or damage the bandana itself or for that matter, the sculpt itself :lecture

Last edited:
Okay here is the problem I was referring too . Note I might exaggerated the issue because this is after the fix so it's hard to completely duplicate..but here goes

Out of the box ..see the gap

Result..again, maybe not as this awkward but still was annoying

The issue..see the spots..loose glue

Result..residue

You can see the eyes aren't as bad. Could they be better..sure, but overall, it doesn't bother me that much

After some futzing with softening with heat and fitting back into place

Result

Much better

Again I only suggest this if your bandanas look really warped or crooked, if they are glued securely flush on the head then be very cautious if you want to remove or repaint the eyes as too much prying it off could tear or damage the bandana itself or for that matter, the sculpt itself :lecture

Holy crap is that unmasked head freaky looking. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All heads should be glued the same. Same spot gluing. Yours was not seated properly. Taking off the bandanas should be fairly simple. Now, repainting the eyes may be a different story.

" Well? "

" Hmmm. Question? "

Do You prefer Penicillin on your pizza? "

" Doh! "

( Humming Taps )

Last edited:
C6419C50-1C98-47A5-9DB2-6D289CB088E2.jpg

Love the set! My eyes are perfect on 3-4, Raph’s Are a little off but I’ll live with it. Mikey has some orange paint on his thigh, almost like an accent color and a dot on his nose. Other than that they’re great.

Edit. I just realized they all have the orange. His was the first I opened and thought it was something to match his bandana.

Yeah, that bandana-less pic will give me nightmares tonight! [emoji38]

My Turtles are still scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, thankfully! To all of you who are still waiting for yours to actually ship- that really does suck, but NECA did say they would hope to have them all shipped out by Friday or “into next week” or something like that. They will be worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is so weird :rotfl
thanks for testing that for all of us.

IKR..:lol I never said it was a beautiful experience . I referred to it as an annoyance , but a huge relief to fix because I don’t ever want to see the head like this again :lol

I will reiterate that it’s good to know it is easy to repaint the eyes by the use of this method if need be :lecture

I wonder if the 1/4 version has this easy solution as well :dunno

Back