NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are these so hard to get in the UK. No-one seems to have bothered stocking them. You see some pop up on eBay every so often but I'd rather buy a set so I'm not left one turtle short...because honestly what would be the point of that.

Why are these so hard to get in the UK. No-one seems to have bothered stocking them. You see some pop up on eBay every so often but I'd rather buy a set so I'm not left one turtle short...because honestly what would be the point of that.
They only had the license for USA and Australia I think.

I had to get mine imported from the US, cost a fortune due to shipping (added approximately 1/3 on top) but they are amazing.

They only had the license for USA and Australia I think.

I had to get mine imported from the US, cost a fortune due to shipping (added approximately 1/3 on top) but they are amazing.

That's the issue I'm having. Doesn't seem many people are selling them that are UK based, so there's automatic customs fees which due to the cost and size it adds a lot...I guess I'll keep looking.

That's the issue I'm having. Doesn't seem many people are selling them that are UK based, so there's automatic customs fees which due to the cost and size it adds a lot...I guess I'll keep looking.

Maybe consider the 7 inch set. It would come in one box, which I’m certain would be lighter than a single 1/4 scale Turtle. That may somehow be worth it considering savings on fees and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided to go for the approach of buying them solo if they come up in the UK (to avoid shipping and customs where possible) and hopefully I manage to build up to the whole gang. Already ordered Mikey.

I do have 1 question. Disguise Raphael seems pretty easy to get. Is there any difference between him and the standard release? Like could I just take his coat and hat off and have a regular Raphael? Or have neca done something to makile it unique?

Thanks.

Been seeing ebay auctions up for each 7 " movie turtle separately..but it looks to be one solo vendor so not sure it's a scam :dunno

I've decided to go for the approach of buying them solo if they come up in the UK (to avoid shipping and customs where possible) and hopefully I manage to build up to the whole gang. Already ordered Mikey.

I do have 1 question. Disguise Raphael seems pretty easy to get. Is there any difference between him and the standard release? Like could I just take his coat and hat off and have a regular Raphael? Or have neca done something to makile it unique?

Thanks.

There is no difference other than the hands. You do not get as many hands as the regular version.

There is no difference other than the hands. You do not get as many hands as the regular version.
True but to have both left and right Sai holding hands you need both. It's different from the normal gripping hand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

True but to have both left and right Sai holding hands you need both. It's different from the normal gripping hand.

You could just use one of the hands from the other turtles. They all come with practically the same hands.

Yeah, it's annoying as ****.

How much did Mikey cost you?

Yeah, it's annoying as ****.

How much did Mikey cost you?

Managed to snag one for a little over £100. But I'm happy to go up to 150 for each tbh. It ends up more than it would be if they were released officially in the UK. (Neca 1/4 stuff usually retails for around £90 from what I can tell) but they look so good I don't really mind. I figure if enterbays or hot toys sold these guys they wouldn't look much different. Would likely articulate the same but would cost 400+ each so seems like a good deal.

The main issue is waiting around for UK folk to put them up for sale. Because it's the shipping and customs that hit these the hardest if you buy from the US or AUS. It almost doubled the price.

I'm tempted to settle for the disguised raphael if need be. And I'll just use one of he other turtles extra hands to compensate for the lack of them with the disguise figure. Are all the hands definately the same across all turtles though? Raphael doesn't have unique sai holding ones or something?

Managed to snag one for a little over £100. But I'm happy to go up to 150 for each tbh. It ends up more than it would be if they were released officially in the UK. (Neca 1/4 stuff usually retails for around £90 from what I can tell) but they look so good I don't really mind. I figure if enterbays or hot toys sold these guys they wouldn't look much different. Would likely articulate the same but would cost 400+ each so seems like a good deal.

The main issue is waiting around for UK folk to put them up for sale. Because it's the shipping and customs that hit these the hardest if you buy from the US or AUS. It almost doubled the price.

I'm tempted to settle for the disguised raphael if need be. And I'll just use one of he other turtles extra hands to compensate for the lack of them with the disguise figure. Are all the hands definately the same across all turtles though? Raphael doesn't have unique sai holding ones or something?

$479.96 for all 4 on BBTS, so about £362, not sure how much customs would be, but I'd probably use Global Shopaholics.

I really want the 7inch ones they did, but these might actually be cheaper.

$479.96 for all 4 on BBTS, so about £362, not sure how much customs would be, but I'd probably use Global Shopaholics.

I really want the 7inch ones they did, but these might actually be cheaper.

i've seen sets of the 7inch ones on ebay for £200. which just seems a bit steep to me.

BBTS seems like a good price, but if ebays estimates are anything to go by, customs and handling fee's will be around £140 plus whatever BBTS charge for international shipping? (probably a lot since these guys weigh a ton) so i think costs will end up pretty similar to buying from the UK. unless of course BBTS don't declare prices for customs? but i can't imagine customs are going to believe the size and weight of these guys combined is some $15 "gift" lol.

the figure is super impressive though. it's definitely made me want the other 3 and i'll happily sit them next to my enterbay and hot toys 1/4 stuff. i'm interested in seeing what the rest of the line looks like, shredder and super shredder would be cool. but i'm kind of bummed we never got rocksteady or beebop in the 90's movies.

It doesn't help that the value of the pound is seemingly dropping like a stone at the moment.
I got mine from a seller on a NECA group on facebook who had his own store, at the time Donnie and Raf were released at roughly the same time (Donnie was a second wave) and he combined shipping and marked as gift.

As a result they cost me about £125/130 each.

i've seen sets of the 7inch ones on ebay for £200. which just seems a bit steep to me.

BBTS seems like a good price, but if ebays estimates are anything to go by, customs and handling fee's will be around £140 plus whatever BBTS charge for international shipping? (probably a lot since these guys weigh a ton) so i think costs will end up pretty similar to buying from the UK. unless of course BBTS don't declare prices for customs? but i can't imagine customs are going to believe the size and weight of these guys combined is some $15 "gift" lol.

the figure is super impressive though. it's definitely made me want the other 3 and i'll happily sit them next to my enterbay and hot toys 1/4 stuff. i'm interested in seeing what the rest of the line looks like, shredder and super shredder would be cool. but i'm kind of bummed we never got rocksteady or beebop in the 90's movies.
I'd love Casey,Splinter,Toka,Razar,and Super Shredder.

Back