NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The odds of me being able to get these is slim it seems. Seems you gotta be on the right site at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess there's always ebay even though they'll be double the price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have all 4 of the big ones, I couldn't justify paying twice the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they do this like the video game turtles set you have to prove you have sdcc tickets to pre order it keeps it simple. I got SDCC tickets this year so I’m going to hopefully get a couple of sets of these for sure

As that's not the exact stance of the turtles on the real cover, it looks like our first, blurry glimpse at the figures, too

Last edited:
As that's not the exact stance of the turtles on the real cover, it looks like our first, blurry glimpse at the figures, too
It's the figures. It also looks like they improved the leg articulation. There's no way an 1/4 Donnie could pull off that pose.

Which I'm glad I have an friend that goes to SDCC every year.

That’s a good relationship to have! I wish I could go. Maybe not for four days but just to go look and grab some of these for myself and others. I’m guessing retail for these will be $120-ish. I already know I’m paying over retail for them either on eBay or for someone’s hard work procuring a set for me at sdcc.

must have. we were all pretty sure this was coming, but its so great to KNOW it is. I hope they offer the online sales like the cartoon versions, but if not, I can definitely see myself paying more on the secondary market. and look at that box! NECA is the best.

must have. we were all pretty sure this was coming, but its so great to KNOW it is. I hope they offer the online sales like the cartoon versions, but if not, I can definitely see myself paying more on the secondary market. and look at that box! NECA is the best.
It'll be offered online.

Well the street diorama was listed for summer 2018
Toy-Fair-2018-NECA-TMNT-010.jpg

icm_fullxfull.163139711_6otkbitjlisccwoksc0c.jpg

i was updated with WIP photos.
my Neca turtles will have pizzas they deserve :panic:

After such a long time of waiting and those stupid teases this is it? Yet another form of the four brothers. It's the same thing but only smaller. It's very dissapointing because I own the 1:4 Turtles and I prefer those over smaller versions. They are much more imposing and true eyecatchers when I step in the room.

I don't know man, this way it's just an endless story with the Turtles and it's only about milking the collectors to get more money. For this, they ain't getting it from me anymore. Also odd they do both scales at the same time...

Why can't they focus on 1:4 Shredder, Splinter and Casey and release those soon instead of that useless accessory set and ooze canister and this crap.
Remember when Don came out? They only produced 3 figures more since then. They should have included the Trenchcoat, Hat and Baseball bat with Raph right off the start. And the spinning Nunchuck hand with Mike. And they haven't even sculpted a band aid on baby Raph's cheek in contrast with the promo pics. Instead of that they come with a stupid sticker. How cheap is that?! Especially after such a long time, I expected much more.

Shredder around Christmas? Pfff, I don't want to wait that long and be pleased with some cheap sops. If they released Shredder sooner they could have released Splinter/Casey around Christmas 2018 to keep the line more vital and to please the 1:4 scale buyers. The departure of Trevor is no excuse for such a big company and I think he is replaceable.

But you know due to this, I'm done with collecting for now. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.

Also odd they do both scales at the same time...
if only they did at the same time. no, they had to wait until people finished buying the big ones.
and i also disagree with everything else in that post.

But you know due to this, I'm done with collecting for now. It's too frustrating and pointless in the end. Leave it for what it is and focus on more important things in life.

This hobby should serve more as an escape rather than a burden. Probably a good idea (given the bolded statement) for you to get out of the game.

ShawPaw, you need to add another post to your 6,666 count quick! :lol:

I agree with some of your points, LeoRaDoMic, but I do look at NECA's efforts differently. Personally, I like the "endless story." To me it is so much better than Hot Toys and other 1/6ers dipping their toe into some licenses and not fully developing them. I'd rather have the Raphael with trench-coat just as I prefer Hot Toys developing the Joker 2.0 and now the 1/4 Joker. It's a bit of a cash grab, but at least it fully develops the license so that it can be enjoyed differently.

Back