NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not what i meant.
you take any precautions against breaking that help.
i will do the same when i finally try to pose them.
it still does not change the fact that they break easily, and that the more are made, the better in future, when all that are made today are inevitably broken, either from twisting or from plastic degradation after repeated warm-ups.
============
it's like in HT ED-209 thread.
yes some people take precautions to lessen the rubber degradation.
it doesn't make the case better, as well as warming a turtle doesn't make it lighter with less fragile joints.
i wish those joints were metal, i'd gladly pay $100 more for each turtle figure just to make it immortal :)

Oh yeah metal joints would be awesome . But as they say nothing lasts forever. If taken care of is imagine will last a good 15 years or more who really knows.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh yeah metal joints would be awesome . But as they say nothing lasts forever. If taken care of is imagine will last a good 15 years or more who really knows.
that's true, but...
my childhood TMNT figures are still alive, their age is more than 20 years, and they had no maintenance at all :)

repainted the Turtles a bit and starting with the base yesterday (not finished yet) still wait on Mikey ;-)

that's true, but...
my childhood TMNT figures are still alive, their age is more than 20 years, and they had no maintenance at all :)
Yeah true to that. I know one thing they will last longer than any hot toys lol.

haven't seen knee breaks before.
from Ebay:

s-l1600.jpg

i start wondering if some drilling an a metal rod can fix this. too many breaks.

haven't seen knee breaks before.
from Ebay:

s-l1600.jpg

i start wondering if some drilling an a metal rod can fix this. too many breaks.
Probably. Probably got him and didn't heat the figure up or a shelf dive.

I got Leo for Christmas. Pretty happy with it. But his one hand joint is way too loose for my liking and he's got a weird paint blotch under his bandana on the nose. Overall though, it's great to have three of the bros. I just need Mikey.

I have Leo, Raph, and Donnie is currently in the mail. I havnt had any issues yet except Raph has a loose torso. From what I've seen that appears to be a common problem. I have to say I'm a little paranoid to pose them now. May leave them as is and use a hairdryer to put them in a final pose once I get a nice display case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like Disguise Raph got delayed til February oh well

Do the ankles seem a little weak to anyone? They seem to lean forward pretty easily.

Do the ankles seem a little weak to anyone? They seem to lean forward pretty easily.

Yeah same for me but push back on it and they stay good. Well only have Mikey for now. But he's on a bottom shelf and hasn't fell over yet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes. Be careful. My Leo and my first Raph have had falls. However, my second Raph, Mikey, and Don have all stayed standing pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back