NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Leo arrived from EE today, and his legs are super stiff. The clicking sounds like internal breakage. But EE has a 90 return policy. So I'm doing a dynamic pose with him. (Saw something like this in this thread. Props to whoever did it first)
e3351b4406ee344daf4142608aecba2f.jpg
16b9a20a85e693b765a64668d7b14fdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always use an hair dyer before moving joints.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: P.'s post

As I've gotten each one I've put them into very basic poses and left them alone (other than to just pick them up and look at them).

Hmmm, I dunno actually if the hairdryer helps with ratchet joints...I'm sure it can't do any harm at least.

How's the paint on your set? Any flaws that you can discern? I'm still a little bit miffed about Leonardo - he had a weird straight line of the black wash type paint running below his bandana on one side. I used our anti-orangegoo rubbing alcohol on it - and while I did pretty much eliminate this line I created some new problems that would really need new paint. He also had some tiny scratches...and the bent sword. I kinda corrected that but it's not perfect.

So I'm doing a dynamic pose with him. (Saw something like this in this thread. Props to whoever did it first)
e3351b4406ee344daf4142608aecba2f.jpg
d6fb470b096d384738ec8bf964a6d020.jpg
16b9a20a85e693b765a64668d7b14fdd.jpg

Nice. This one? If so I’m glad that I contributed something to this thread lol
ef08df97135f1254faa52d9f6ee529fd.heic

Re: P.'s post

As I've gotten each one I've put them into very basic poses and left them alone (other than to just pick them up and look at them).

Hmmm, I dunno actually if the hairdryer helps with ratchet joints...I'm sure it can't do any harm at least.

How's the paint on your set? Any flaws that you can discern? I'm still a little bit miffed about Leonardo - he had a weird straight line of the black wash type paint running below his bandana on one side. I used our anti-orangegoo rubbing alcohol on it - and while I did pretty much eliminate this line I created some new problems that would really need new paint. He also had some tiny scratches...and the bent sword. I kinda corrected that but it's not perfect.
The hair dyer works trust me. Donnie's shoulders were very stiff when I first got him. But a couple minutes with the hair dyer freed up his shoulders. Even neca themselves suggest using hair dyer on their figures.

Leo arrived yesterday. Having a bit of trouble getting him to stand. Raph and Donnie had zero problems. Also noticed a tad eye issue. Seems he's glaring off to his left, instead of looking straight ahead. Doesn't take away from the awesome-ness of the figure.

I noticed they have stand-holes (?) on the bottom of their feet. Any recommendations for stands/bases to use?

leo01 by Stuart Black, on Flickr

Leo2 by Stuart Black, on Flickr

sad to know you spoiled paint on the head. i hope you will find a matching paint. luckily it doesn't sound too difficult. i guess i'm not risking any paint or rubbing with these guys - nobody sells parts, like with HT figures.
i inspected Raphael heavily and didn't find anything i wouldn't like. no paint flaws, too yellow beaks, ugly seams. oh, and his mouth has perfect shape - teeth not seen unless you look from below. in spite of what it looked like on sellers photos. they frightened me, but now i know for sure and can confirm that all that too wide opened mouth is just an illusion.
i opened Donatello and put him into some pose, spent a lot less time with him and didn't see any major paint problems. eyes direction is a bit wrong, but deep sockets of the mask and different shapes of them cover that completely.
i still didn't open Leonardo. but from what i see through the box window, everything is perfect as well.
the seller had small but detailed photos, i studied them before purchasing. from seller's name i suggested it was a woman, so i didn't expect many details or descriptions from her :) but what she delivered was perfect in the end.

s-l1600.jpg

i guess USA buyers are the luckiest, if they can get these guys for $100 and with free shipping. don't like some part of your turtle? purchase 2 more and assemble a perfect turtle - all for the price of one HT figure.

The hair dyer works trust me. Donnie's shoulders were very stiff when I first got him. But a couple minutes with the hair dyer freed up his shoulders. Even neca themselves suggest using hair dyer on their figures.
ratched leg joints are in question. others are no problem luckily.
oh, BTW i wish they put the shoulders on ball joints to give hands better movement.
or are they on ball joints, and i just couldn't turn them with full movement freedom?...
i think there was a production picture here where turtles didn't have hands yet. must check.

i inspected Raphael heavily and didn't find anything i wouldn't like. no paint flaws, too yellow beaks, ugly seams. oh, and his mouth has perfect shape - teeth not seen unless you look from below. in spite of what it looked like on sellers photos. they frightened me, but now i know for sure and can confirm that all that too wide opened mouth is just an illusion.
i opened Donatello and put him into some pose, spent a lot less time with him and didn't see any major paint problems. eyes direction is a bit wrong, but deep sockets of the mask and different shapes of them cover that completely.
i still didn't open Leonardo. but from what i see through the box window, everything is perfect as well.
the seller had small but detailed photos, i studied them before purchasing. by seller's name i suggested it was a woman, so i didn't expect many details or descriptions from her :) but what she delivered was perfect in the end.

s-l1600.jpg

i guess USA buyers are the luckiest, if they can get these guys for $100 and with free shipping. don't like some part of your turtle? purchase 2 more and assemble a perfect turtle - all for the price of one HT figure.

ratched leg joints are in question. others are no problem luckily.
oh, BTW i wish they put the shoulders on ball joints to give hands better movement.
or are they on ball joints, and i just couldn't turn them with full movement freedom?...
i think there was a production picture here where turtles didn't have hands yet. must check.
Yeah once you heat all the joints with hair dyer you should be fine. But I alway really heat when changing hands or reposing.

started browsing the thread from the beginning and found a collage i made in the early days.

facetofacetmnt_zps8mlszzqv.jpg~original

i'm so glad the sculptor chose some best variants of those masks. they don't always look that good in the movie.

also found this :lol February 2016.

Don't let other people's hype influence you to buy something you haven't collected in 20 years
Don't let other people's hype influence you to buy something you haven't collected in 20 years

BTW i wish they put the shoulders on ball joints to give hands better movement.
I'm not sure if you mean the wrist instead of shoulders. The figures come with a set of hands that have side-to-side motion, and an identical looking set that has up-and-down motion. Sometimes, you have to switch hands to get the pose you're looking for.

I'm not sure if you mean the wrist instead of shoulders. The figures come with a set of hands that have side-to-side motion, and an identical looking set that has up-and-down motion. Sometimes, you have to switch hands to get the pose you're looking for.
i always forget the difference between "arms" and "hands" meaning. anytime i don't google it, i use a wrong variant :)
but no, i mean shoulders. want to know how arms?hands? are connected to the torso.
here is the pic i was looking for, but sadly it doesn't show shoulder joints.

attachment.php

i always forget the difference between "arms" and "hands" meaning. anytime i don't google it, i use a wrong variant :)
but no, i mean shoulders. want to know how arms?hands? are connected to the torso.
here is the pic i was looking for, but sadly it doesn't show shoulder joints.

attachment.php

The shoulders are ball joints. However, the hole in the upper arms that connects them to the ball joint are on the side of the upper arm. That limits movement a little, but the arms still lift up sideways quite a bit and can rotate quite a bit too.

how come in the movie in the scene there they fight in the basement goes on fire they show Leonardo saying to April they have to get out of there then in the next scene Leonard is breaking free from a foot souljah?

started browsing the thread from the beginning and found a collage i made in the early days.

facetofacetmnt_zps8mlszzqv.jpg~original

i'm so glad the sculptor chose some best variants of those masks. they don't always look that good in the movie.

also found this [emoji38] February 2016.
Trevor dud an amazing job. He also sculpted Raphs backpack and did the newspaper. I become really good friends with him recently.

Trevor dud an amazing job. He also sculpted Raphs backpack and did the newspaper. I become really good friends with him recently.

And a friend of mine painted the samples that were sent to China for reproduction. Lol. Interesting to see that the bandana was fully sculpted originally.

8d376e441723820d4223d84bd85b5fdb.png

796516bcea6b71ed0aec86962db01453.png

And a friend of mine painted the samples that were sent to China for reproduction. Lol. Interesting to see that the bandana was fully sculpted originally.

8d376e441723820d4223d84bd85b5fdb.png

796516bcea6b71ed0aec86962db01453.png

I'm serious but believe what you want. I'm glad they went with cloth bandannas.

Back