NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got them. all three available. i'm speechless. this is the apex of turtles, no matter what to talk about - character choise, sculpting, quality, paint, production.
unpacked only Raphael for now. have no space. will need to invent and purchase a special table with a shelf.
the only problem i have with Raph is that i almost cannot move his legs back and front. barely moved them and stopped trying to avoid breaking.
i don't know if it is normal.
anyway, this is a masterpiece in every detail, and people who know me know that it's almost impossible to hear such thing from me. but THIS is just perfection.
(legs are still too long and scale is still too unfortunate, but that doesn't spoil them for me a bit.)
edit: oh, as a HT collector i cannot miss to mention the price. that is the best $/result ratio i've ever purchased. agree with everybody who laid **** on HT prices versus these guys.

I'm on the fence about commiting to this line. I know as soon as I do, NECA will release them in 7in scale which is what I really prefer due to limited space.

Congratulations P!!!!!! I told you hundreds of pages back that you will not be disappointed if you get these I also told Adev that. I'm glad you guys got them an your happy childhood memories complete

I know as soon as I do, NECA will release them in 7in scale which is what I really prefer due to limited space.
i already took that one for the team, it's my bad luck as well :)
Congratulations P!!!!!! I told you hundreds of pages back that you will not be disappointed if you get these I also told Adev that. I'm glad you guys got them an your happy childhood memories complete
:lol thank you. yeah i remember that.
oh yes. there is literally nothing to be disappointed with. except for those stupid leg joints.
though the size definitely frightened me a lot when i opened the box and saw heads. damn. i'll never understand collectors of 1/4.

These Turtles have open my eyes to quarter scale . I ordered the Joker and then I'll eventually order the new Batman in quarter scale. Hot Toys

@DioramaMaker How long does it usually take until they respond?

@TDK82, give NECA CS through twitter a shot. They have a specific account for CS queries (https://twitter.com/neca_cs?lang=en) who is very receptive. See what that does for you first - they've helped on every claim I've had to make, so I am comfortable in recommending this. If it falls through because it's a quarter scale figure, and that's too hard to replace or they don't have excess stock to do this, I know a few crafty folks on here have repaired those sorts of joints with screws.

I'm on the fence about commiting to this line. I know as soon as I do, NECA will release them in 7in scale which is what I really prefer due to limited space.

If NECA ever does release the 90's turtles in a smaller scale it will be a convention only exclusive due to licencing restrictions with Playmates/nickelodeon.

Cool skateboard idea!

Got a chance to rewatch the original 2 tmnt movies this weekend.

First one- great!
Second one- Meh not so much lol. It was definitely better when I was younger.

Still deciding if I want to rewatch the third. I know it's bad, but I might as well...

i remember that i watched TMNT3 once in my life.
it sucked. it sucked a big time.
i was below 15 then. wonder if i find anything interesting in it today.

No, it doesn't get better with age. It actually gets worse since the film is littered with tons of early 90s references that date it extremely. It really is terrible in every way.

i got them. all three available. i'm speechless. this is the apex of turtles, no matter what to talk about - character choise, sculpting, quality, paint, production.
unpacked only Raphael for now. have no space. will need to invent and purchase a special table with a shelf.
the only problem i have with Raph is that i almost cannot move his legs back and front. barely moved them and stopped trying to avoid breaking.
i don't know if it is normal.
anyway, this is a masterpiece in every detail, and people who know me know that it's almost impossible to hear such thing from me. but THIS is just perfection.
(legs are still too long and scale is still too unfortunate, but that doesn't spoil them for me a bit.)
edit: oh, as a HT collector i cannot miss to mention the price. that is the best $/result ratio i've ever purchased. agree with everybody who laid **** on HT prices versus these guys.

YES! You finally came to the dark side of 1/4. These absolutely display amazingly. These are heirlooms for me. Glad you like them! These are HT quality for sure.

YES! You finally came to the dark side of 1/4.
i still don't like that they are 1/4 and understand 1/4 collectors even less now that i have some in hand.
i understand it's all about licenses though.
and about space. i don't have much of it.
also i guess it's a required taste.
Glad you like them! These are HT quality for sure.
as i said before, they look actually better than movie suits to me. so much character put in them by the sculptor. whoever he is, he is a genius.
and a person who produced the molds and the factory painting should be awed as well.
i don't know about Shredder now. he would be so giant that i won't need him, and at the same time movie Shredder is a musthave. i guess i'll just give up as well, now that i have those absolutely magnificient turtles.
No, it doesn't get better with age. It actually gets worse since the film is littered with tons of early 90s references that date it extremely. It really is terrible in every way.
:(
all i remember today are ugly rubber suits with dumb faces. hoped to appreciate it from point zero. oh well.

i remember that i watched TMNT3 once in my life.
it sucked. it sucked a big time.
i was below 15 then. wonder if i find anything interesting in it today.

I was looking up the cast and saw a small comment that a reviewer had written about it. It was along the lines of "this movie was clearly written by children. Children wrote all of the dialogue for this film".

Unfortunately a lot of movies do not get better with age. There are some movies I refuse to rewatch because I know I'll hate them now, but I enjoyed the heck out of them when I was younger. I don't want my mind to be changed.

And ya the references in tmnt2 were really bad. I took it all into account, and that it was a film made for kids (in a way) but a lot of the stuff was really cringe worthy.

And ya the references in tmnt2 were really bad. I took it all into account, and that it was a film made for kids (in a way) but a lot of the stuff was really cringe worthy.
363879-tokka.jpg

he was my childhood talisman. i forgive everything in TMNT2 for him. i absolutely don't understand my passion, it just is.
oh how i hope he would be made by Neca. even if 1/4. hell, if he was made in 1/4, i'd have to build a temple around him.

@DioramaMaker How long does it usually take until they respond?

Hey there, sorry I missed your PM, my inbox was full - you can PM me now if you need to! They might be a bit off their game since SDCC ended (it seems tradition for the office to take a little break after), but normally pretty fast. They will ask you to DM them pictures once they do get back to you. If you don't hear from them within a week, tweet at them again. I would be very surprised if you can't reach them that way.

Congrats on your Turtles P. :clap

About the leg joints, I think with these guys I will always use a hairdryer on them before changing poses. Just saw that breakage post a few pages back - man I'd be devastated.

by the way, at first i thought "oops, they put two similar weapon gripping right hands into my Raph package, so what didn't they put if all slots are occupied?"
then i saw different moving direction pegs.

P,
It's just the lighting bro, here is a pic with normal lighting:
i see, thank you.
before having them in hand i thought of making that zone darker. now i don't think so. it's ok as it is. as long as i don't remember how they were painted in the movie and deliberately don't check.

Congrats on your Turtles P. :clap
:hi5:

About the leg joints, I think with these guys I will always use a hairdryer on them before changing poses. Just saw that breakage post a few pages back - man I'd be devastated.
they are clicking... does warming help with clicking joints?
also: you don't have them yet or you just don't change poses often?

i also wonder how the body is composed. there is no other figure in my collection whose construction i don't know.
i guess to disassemble it i'd have to separate soft frontal shell from firm back half - and then see the inner construction. but it would probably require cutting the belt or tearing it off, leaving glue marks.
well, any disassembly is required only in case of breaking, and by that point some cutting won't sound like a trouble.

Yeah. Leo arrived from EE today, and his legs are super stiff. The clicking sounds like internal breakage. But EE has a 90 return policy. So I'm doing a dynamic pose with him. (Saw something like this in this thread. Props to whoever did it first)
e3351b4406ee344daf4142608aecba2f.jpg
d6fb470b096d384738ec8bf964a6d020.jpg
16b9a20a85e693b765a64668d7b14fdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back