NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I don't doubt that... not ONE picture I've seen in this thread in hand looked anything even remotely close to this.

Yeah mine had worse problems than a dark spot on the bandana and EE didn't have stock to replace it. So, looks like you can leave as is or do some painting if it bothers you. The bandana looks fine to me.

Got my straps today they are a pain to install, but worth it in the end.

17361693_10155117376954346_2205381851124033614_n.jpg

Where'd you get the straps? I'd like to get some.

While I don't doubt that... not ONE picture I've seen in this thread in hand looked anything even remotely close to this.

Snake, it sounds like we got the same batch. I don't mind the dirty bandana tho.
54d2a7281ec9c50cf489a681dc07b474.jpg

746bebdbc08922462bf0959ab0d5f6d6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

the posts in this thread some of you here remind me of this

Attachments

• quality-over-quantity-1-640x592.jpg
    quality-over-quantity-1-640x592.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 133
I just got my dirty looking Raphael. Look at this giant dark blotch on his bandana.

He also has a giant dried section of I assume glue on his lower belly, but I couldn't get it to capture on my phone.

I just messaged BBTS... hopefully they don't give me that "these are hand painted" crap.

that stinks dude...

doesn't look like a stain to me. looks like it just wasn't painted very good there... like you are seeing the undercolor show thru. should be easy enough to dry brush some mixes of red acrylic from michaels to blend it in tho in the event they don't replace.

that stinks dude...

doesn't look like a stain to me. looks like it just wasn't painted very good there... like you are seeing the undercolor show thru. should be easy enough to dry brush some mixes of red acrylic from michaels to blend it in tho in the event they don't replace.

Yeah I'd imagine it was the actual color of the mold. I don't have confidence making it any better by painting it myself. I'll see what BBTS says.

These figures just look so big in the review videos. Do they stand out too much when displayed from how big they are.

Well BBTS of course ****ed me. They won't do anything. They need to get out of the collectibles market if they don't understand these concerns. So I gotta eat this thing. I feel like selling both Raph and Donnie now.

Well BBTS of course ****ed me. They won't do anything. They need to get out of the collectibles market if they don't understand these concerns. So I gotta eat this thing. I feel like selling both Raph and Donnie now.

I had the same issues. Both my Donnie and Raph came messed up. I had to have my gf paint my Raph to fix him and I had to order a 2nd Donnie when I could to replace my messed up one. Between the extra cost of the 2nd Donnie and shipping the 1st back it almost came to a hot toys price. They are great amazing figures "IF" your lucky enough to get ones that aint all jacked up.

I don't know what their replacement policy is, but certainly they would offer you a full refund if you returned the figure, right? It's hard for them to do anything about defective figures at this size and price since it would eat into their profits to have replacements available and that responsibility should fall to the manufacturer. Unfortunately neither NECA or any retailers have replacements since they sell out so quickly and don't hold any stock back. If I were you I would return it and wait for the next batch of figures and try to jump on one then. Make sure you preorder two of Leo and Mike that way you have a better chance of getting a good one. If they are both solid, you can always sell the extra for a profit, easy.

These figures just look so big in the review videos. Do they stand out too much when displayed from how big they are.

They are really big! When next to my hot toys they make them look so small its pretty funny. They are pretty much the stand outs of your collection even next to hot toys. No matter how amazing your hot toys look your eyes just go straight for the turtles which is both a good and bad thing ha.

those who are not satisfied with the paint applications why not just go to your local hobby store and buy it there? at least you get to see it before you buy it and avoid all the frustration. is your unhappiness really worth the 89$?

I had the same issues. Both my Donnie and Raph came messed up. I had to have my gf paint my Raph to fix him and I had to order a 2nd Donnie when I could to replace my messed up one. Between the extra cost of the 2nd Donnie and shipping the 1st back it almost came to a hot toys price. They are great amazing figures "IF" your lucky enough to get ones that aint all jacked up.

Raph is such a drop off in quality control. I don't think I've seen any line do this before in my experience.

I don't know what their replacement policy is, but certainly they would offer you a full refund if you returned the figure, right? It's hard for them to do anything about defective figures at this size and price since it would eat into their profits to have replacements available and that responsibility should fall to the manufacturer. Unfortunately neither NECA or any retailers have replacements since they sell out so quickly and don't hold any stock back. If I were you I would return it and wait for the next batch of figures and try to jump on one then. Make sure you preorder two of Leo and Mike that way you have a better chance of getting a good one. If they are both solid, you can always sell the extra for a profit, easy.

While you're being reasonable, their return policy has changed from being that. They've stone walled me a few times with reasonable exchanges in the past. I've dumped thousands into orders from them and you'd think they'd be understanding... but no. I get idiotic replies with "we hope you enjoy your item!" after you told me tough **** with getting it replaced.

those who are not satisfied with the paint applications why not just go to your local hobby store and buy it there? at least you get to see it before you buy it and avoid all the frustration. is your unhappiness really worth the 89$?

seeing as these are not readily available at comic stores and rarely make it to any retail shops... and with it being the realistic only way to pick this up is online and sight-unseen... it's up to luck of the draw. seeing as you must be new to this thread as you would know this already without asking the question. so people's frustration is always warranted when something isn't as advertised. at least in my opinion. a $15 pair of jeans at walmart vs. $150 pair from macy's... no reason to expect the $15 pair has screwed up zippers or different length legs just cause they are cheaper. that's an ignorant mindset in my opinion basing consistency in quality on a product based on a dollar sign.

seeing as these are not readily available at comic stores and rarely make it to any retail shops... and with it being the realistic only way to pick this up is online and sight-unseen... it's up to luck of the draw. seeing as you must be new to this thread as you would know this already without asking the question. so people's frustration is always warranted when something isn't as advertised. at least in my opinion. a $15 pair of jeans at walmart vs. $150 pair from macy's... no reason to expect the $15 pair has screwed up zippers or different length legs just cause they are cheaper. that's an ignorant mindset in my opinion basing consistency in quality on a product based on a dollar sign.

And with my local place, they always charge more than retail.

if some of you can only get this online then you should buy five or six of them, select the one that satisfies your specifications and return back the rest. since you brought up clothing, yes people do that as well, if they wear size 10 shoe they would buy sizes 9.5, 10 and 10.5 and try them all since a size 10 asics might fit a size 10.5 toms.

Back