NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well popcultcha claim their preorders are still up as they haven't heard anything different
04ebff68b9c1d53b85726a669d8c1032.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something doesn't add up there. If it was possible wouldn't everyone be stocking them?

There are pre orders up for these on multiple Australian sites. If they couldn't get them in you'd think they would know by now as they're expected to arrive at the end of the month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are pre orders up for these on multiple Australian sites. If they couldn't get them in you'd think they would know by now as they're expected to arrive at the end of the month.

Its possible they have a loophole. But it could also be that the supplier for australia hasn't told them any different so they are going ahead based on their say so. I emailed Ikon but still no reply yet

Its possible they have a loophole. But it could also be that the supplier for australia hasn't told them any different so they are going ahead based on their say so. I emailed Ikon but still no reply yet

As I mentioned earlier, Popcultcha is the retail arm of Ikon.

I wouldn't say all, but they are an official distributor so most places would have to go through them to get the stock.

Then if ikon say they are selling it then the majority of the shops will likely sell it too. However if Ikon are wrong or just didn't get the memo yet then all of them would still be under the belief that Ikon are going to get them. I emailed Summer at NECA to clarify whether Ikon willl indeed be stocking them (I hope they do, I have bought from popcultcha before they're pretty good)

I wouldn't say all, but they are an official distributor so most places would have to go through them to get the stock.

I BRING SEMI GOOD NEWS!
IKON negotiated a deal with Nickelodeon to sell the figures in Australia! Summer came through again for me! Top lady at NECA!
So yes Australia is now licensed to sell the figure too!

36bb3c966a1669149ed4073c5083a93a.png

That's great news for Australian buyers. I'm still unsure if it helps us much in Europe. We still pay import duty right? £123+postage then import might still work out more expensive that buying it from the states.

So a retailer can negotiate a deal with Nick yet the company producing the figures can't? Must try harder NECA. :lecture

Neca's said several times it's up to the overseas retailer to get those rights to sell not thiers.

Could be wrong but either way they're going tax you at some point - it just depends how much.

Yes, it sucks being a UK collector right now. I'm noticing a lot of the new Hot Toys pre-orders going up on UK sites are around £250. How long before it hits £300 and many of those are bare bones figures. Buying from overseas was a good option before the pound crashed. Damn brexit. :mad:

Neca's said several times it's up to the overseas retailer to get those rights to sell not thiers.

As far as I read NECA said that they only had the rights to sell within the US.

Where and when did they mention that international retailers could apply for their own rights?

Yes, it sucks being a UK collector right now. I'm noticing a lot of the new Hot Toys pre-orders going up on UK sites are around £250. How long before it hits £300 and many of those are bare bones figures. Buying from overseas was a good option before the pound crashed. Damn brexit. :mad:

The days of the everyday guy being able to collect are over. Brexit means that only those with a half decent disposable income can collect within this market.

As far as I read NECA said that they only had the rights to sell within the US.

Where and when did they mention that international retailers could apply for their own rights?

A few times can't remember when and they tweet so much impossible to find that tweet.

I love these #TurtleTuesdays that NECA does.. Helps fill the void during the week while I'm still waiting on BBTS to finally send me Donnie

348h9nm.jpg

Back