NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't justify it. It's a £100 figure and I won't spend much more than that to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can land on a deal at calendars.com for example then you are in business. I paid $98 shipped then £33 to customs, so about £113 total.

If you can land on a deal at calendars.com for example then you are in business. I paid $98 shipped then £33 to customs, so about £113 total.

I'd say that's a very good deal especially when you consider how easy it would be to sell these on ebay for £200 shipped. Hold onto one for a while and that price could rise significantly.

Thanks if it pops up I'll try just searched but its unavailable atm

yeah what i don't get is how calendars can ship so cheap to you guys overseas? if they are telling me its $70+ shipping at usps, how is calendars doing it for $10??

Yeah, I don't understand that.

They probably have some sort of deal with a shipping freight company. They don't ship until the freight is full so its way cheaper to send overseas but may take some time (just a theory)

Ahhh good old ebay bastards are out in force!
e74d0c96ba4c2b4a77caa90d55c3db34.jpg

The aftermarket for these is surprising to me. Less than a year ago I sold ten or more neca quarter scale figures. It was hard to sell them even at cost. So it's sort of shocking how high these are already.

International buyers are reluctant to buy at that price now. There's no way people will be paying out $500 upwards for these.

I'm with the group that these will fetch higher prices due to the sculpts and articulation. Now, if they make a tone more of these, then I can see the price not getting too high. But I'm pretty sure there is a LARGE TMNT fanbase out there that will pay for his or her favorite turtle from 1990 film.

These are just amazing figures. I'm not saying they are worth $700, but I won't be shocked if they sell for that at some point. People in the comic collecting community will pay a lot more for something if it grades even .2 points higher. Though these aren't comics, if the box is mint and figure intact, they will fetch high prices. I'll hold onto some for you when you get stateside

My opinion is you can't be serious thinking it will be worth more than $500 one day... They will release more anyway, maybe from the 3 movies, or just an international version, or even a sdcc exclusive. When all 4 turtles will be released, you might have a chance with a rich guy who will pay $1000 to get them all at once on ebay, but that's it.

If some of you want to make money, that's now with the hype around it. Prime 1 is doing them, someone will do 1/6 in the near future.

Anyway, the problem is for us european suckers, in the us it's still available for less than the retail price.

You guys think there's any chance NECA will do the cartoon versions in any scale, or should I just go ahead and get the Figuarts?

There's a chance. But I think I would consider it this way. Do you like the SH Figuarts Turtles with the die cast parts and accessories or you prefer the SDCC TMNT 2 pack sculpts from NECA? I feel like the Japanese toys will maintain that animated smooth sculpts where NECA will probably look good but expression wise I think SH Fuguarts are hard to beat.
Keep in mind even if NECA will release a 7" 80s toon TMNT series it might be another con exclusive.

You guys think there's any chance NECA will do the cartoon versions in any scale, or should I just go ahead and get the Figuarts?

Go with Figuarts... Pretty much toon accurate lots of hands and accessories... Tons of Articulation... No crazy after mark prices plus Shredder will be coming soon enough.

Was looking at sold listings for Donnie and came across this one.. That's nuts!

sold.jpg

Back