NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca doesnt do 1/6. Nor do they want to.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
They used it. They should return to it. There's a market. It's more marketable than their 8" Mego style crap. I'd buy 12" versions of alot of their stuff if they offered it.

I had most of their 12" figures back when they were doing them.

-Frank the Bunny
-Shaun of the Dead
-Jareth from Labyrinth
-King Leonidas
-Kratos
-Jack Sparrow...

And just look at how explosive these Turtles have been. NECA would be/are fools for not releasing these in 1:6.

They have done 12" figures before and what a better way to bring that scale back than these Turtles?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They used it. They should return to it. There's a market. It's more marketable than their 8" Mego style crap. I'd buy 12" versions of alot of their stuff if they offered it.

-Frank the Bunny
-Shaun of the Dead
-Jareth from Labyrinth
-King Leonidas
-Kratos
-Jack Sparrow...

And just look at how explosive these Turtles have been. NECA would be/are fools for not releasing these in 1:6.

They have done 12" figures before and what a better way to bring that scale back than these Turtles?

They have said countless times they prefer working with the 1/4 scale and 7 inch.. They also prefer 7 inch over 6 inch scale. 1/6 is not happening. I'm perfectly fine with the quarter scales. I doubt any other company could put do these. One company has tried and failed miserably.

-Frank the Bunny
-Shaun of the Dead
-Jareth from Labyrinth
-King Leonidas
-Kratos
-Jack Sparrow...

Way more people collect the smaller scale than 1/6. So they're not fools, they've got limited opportunities for these releases with the license and are doing what they can.

NECA could do well with 1/6 with properties that are just so rarely done and done right that their quality would be acceptable enough even to those who collect the likes of Hot Toys or Enterbay. Turtles would definitely be a hit, as even those other companies couldn't do much better with them, and NECA uses materials you can count on to hold up over time and not rubber that may break down in a few years.

Way more people collect the smaller scale than 1/6. So they're not fools, they've got limited opportunities for these releases with the license and are doing what they can.
I understand the licensing issues with these with Playmates. And they are only allowed to release these as exclusives (SDCC and now GameStop)
Hence why they should get a wide release at the 1:6 scale. Are you going to argue there is a higher market for 1:4 than 1:6? That I highly doubt.

They have said countless times they prefer working with the 1/4 scale and 7 inch.. They also prefer 7 inch over 6 inch scale. 1/6 is not happening. I'm perfectly fine with the quarter scales. I doubt any other company could put do these. One company has tried and failed miserably.

Sounds more like they don't want to compete with the likes of Sideshow of Hot Toys. But honestly they are niche enough to still have a market in 1:6.
NECA could do well with 1/6 with properties that are just so rarely done and done right that their quality would be acceptable enough even to those who collect the likes of Hot Toys or Enterbay. Turtles would definitely be a hit, as even those other companies couldn't do much better with them, and NECA uses materials you can count on to hold up over time and not rubber that may break down in a few years.
Bingo.

1/4 scale is for girl babies.

4022_american-girl-small.jpg

(their skateboard fits Neca TMNT perfectly, thanks to the advice of somebody here, sorry i don't remember your nickname but i followed the advice)

The 19:00 mark is very intriguing. Talk of finishing out the original film - actor likeness rights - and maybe moving on to Secret of the Ooze.

Yes, Randy said that there is another movie set for SDCC, and that includes something new....a figure that hasn't been made in 1/4 scale. My guess, it's a set that includes Shredder, 2 foot soldiers, and Casey Jones with two head sculpts, masked and unmasked. The only other characters besides, Casey, are Splinter and April, but Casey Jones is probably the best choice. I wouldn't mind April.

As far as Secret of the Ooze, do you think they'll make the four turtles again, or are they similar enough to the first film?

if those Rocksteady and Bebop will be sold in the same way that turtles were - only to first world countries, i'll live happily with my Playmates versions rather than go through the humiliation of triple paying for white man's toys.

if those Rocksteady and Bebop will be sold in the same way that turtles were - only to first world countries, i'll live happily with my Playmates versions rather than go through the humiliation of triple paying for white man's toys.
Oh

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As far as Secret of the Ooze, do you think they'll make the four turtles again, or are they similar enough to the first film?

Yes. The Turtles from Secret of The Ooze are different enough for NECA to make them. They just announced Michael Myers from Halloween II. They have also released a version of Jason from each Friday the 13th movie (most of them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“White man’s toys?” Really? America is the most culturally diverse country in human history. Greatest country on Earth! Move to America! You’re more than welcome (as long as you come legally).

“White man’s toys?” Really? America is the most culturally diverse country in human history. Greatest country on Earth! Move to America! You’re more than welcome (as long as you come legally).

:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag:flag

Child me would have loved this cartoon line. It always annoyed me that Rocksteady in particular didn't look anything like he did in the cartoon.

Back