NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Dudes and Dudettes! Major League Butt Kicking is back in town!
Awesome!
Righteous!
Bosa Nova!

Really need the diorama to put these bad boys over the top!

What a childhood dream come true with these! Too bad no one wants to do these in 1:6 scale... IMG_20190211_171919_987.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I ordered a second set on the 8th just now shipped. On other hand I finally installed lights in my last cabinet.
2b533f05a3ee8929e35b8150afff9cbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Got my Turtles on Friday. :)
Any other fellow Canadians who were desperate/crazy enough to order these off the Gamestop site?
Because I am so happy I have these, but the cost was painful. So very, very painful.

Got my Turtles on Friday. :)
Any other fellow Canadians who were desperate/crazy enough to order these off the Gamestop site?
Because I am so happy I have these, but the cost was painful. So very, very painful.

Me but i shipped to my US address. I’ll cross over and pick up when they arrive.

i think 1/6 is a sweet spot for articulated dolls. at 1/4 scale the joints would be too visible despite much bigger sized.

price for big figures going up for crazy price nowadays. still remember how much those huge mcfarlane figures cost less than $80.

My Leo and Donnie arrived yesterday! Leo looks a little crosseyed but that's mostly due to how the eye holes of the head band were sculpted because the eyes underneath look painted straight and even. Donnie has a problem left eye, the pupil was painted lower than it should've been. Up close and in strong light, you can notice the difference, but from normal light and distance away, it looks okay.

Looks great having all four turtles lined up together!

When NECA first announced the TMNT figures with the disclaimer of ONLY being available in 1/4 scale I was disappointed as I hoped for 7 inch scale as I do not collect 1/4 scale. I felt “forced” to make the 1/4 scale purchase as I did not want to miss out on movie accurate TURTLES. To this day my 1/4 scale are still in the box having never beed opened as said mentioned I didn’t want to miss out on movie accurate TURTLES. Now several years after we have the 7 inch in individual packaging a dream com true but still I can’t help for being a little pissed off for being tricked, dupped, con'd whatever you want to call it for spending $600 (that’s $800 CAN) on four 7 inch action figures. The thought of selling my 1/4 figures had crossed my mind but for what??? Four 1/4 scale Turtles equal one Hot Toys figure these days.

“You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"

With certain licenses, buying from NECA is a bit like gambling, if you like the 7" scale figures over 1/4. NECA is able to get a lot of licenses easily in 1/4 because other companies with licenses for the same property aren't bothered by that.

DC and TMNT are great examples, with Mattel and Playmates both being tight on rights to the 7" scale. NECA freely produced 1/4 scale figures for these licenses knowing there was demand and wanting to make something.

The gamble comes in because NECA also knows that space and money are a concern for their collectors, so they pursue avenues to release these 1/4 scale figures at the smaller scale that is amicable with the likes of Mattel and Playmates' deals for the scale. Thus, we got Christmas DVD/Figure combo deals for a few years on NECA's DC figures being released at 7" scale, then TMNT as a Comic Con and now Gamestop exclusive.

The question is, are you willing to sit on not getting 1/4 scale of something you really love and want, in hopes they pull off some magic to get it out at 7" scale, or do you buy, maybe keep boxed, and sell later, maybe get profit.

I'm sure for as many miracles as we've seen NECA pull off, their have been other attempted deals that never happened. I don't see them as trying to con people with what they say, I think it's an honest comment at the time it's made, and usually it's to answer questions, I'm sure they received many inquiries about 7" Turtles so to set the record straight at the time, they declared 1/4 scale only.

When NECA first announced the TMNT figures with the disclaimer of ONLY being available in 1/4 scale I was disappointed as I hoped for 7 inch scale as I do not collect 1/4 scale. I felt “forced” to make the 1/4 scale purchase as I did not want to miss out on movie accurate TURTLES. To this day my 1/4 scale are still in the box having never beed opened as said mentioned I didn’t want to miss out on movie accurate TURTLES. Now several years after we have the 7 inch in individual packaging a dream com true but still I can’t help for being a little pissed off for being tricked, dupped, con'd whatever you want to call it for spending $600 (that’s $800 CAN) on four 7 inch action figures. The thought of selling my 1/4 figures had crossed my mind but for what??? Four 1/4 scale Turtles equal one Hot Toys figure these days.

“You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"

I definitely do feel for you, but if NECA didn't make those 1/4 figures I really don' t think Playmates would've let them release the 7" and even then they were limited to SDCC first and now Gamestop exclusives and not released in every Target. I'd feel more screwed if I paid $350 or something for the SDCC set and then saw this release only a few months later.

What a childhood dream come true with these! Too bad no one wants to do these in 1:6 scale.

Madness really considering how unbelievably popular these have been for NECA. Either every other company is just blind ignorant of this demand or there is serious license **ck blocking going on.

Madness really considering how unbelievably popular these have been for NECA. Either every other company is just blind ignorant of this demand or there is serious license **ck blocking going on.

I have a feeling that if NECA was ever able to obtain or be allowed to produce 7 inch of the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies it would also be a HUGE hit. I would buy then and I’m not a comic guy!!

Neca has that nostalgic edge to them which other companies don’t have. They seem to make figures they want instead of just going down the marvel/Star Wars pipeline

You can probably thanks Playmates Toys. I’m glad they make what they do for the kids, but they just don’t understand collectors and have mostly half-@ssed their way with anything they offered for us. TMNT deserves better and NECA is doing them justice now.

Back