NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There jp line is good. But yea they need to lose the DC license. Nothing but Batmans and jokers

Agreed, JP is fantastic, Batman is fine for what it is, I just hate that they don’t let anyone else touch the DC license, it’s like they know their DC stuff is just so so and don’t want competition, same with Playmates, they don’t want competition which is sad, instead of blocking NECA, they should just partner for a chunk of change because NECA keeps finding ways around them and collectors are getting wise and not wasting money on Playmates and waiting for NECA to come around.

So more 50mm goodness
8fe1e2ac3b3b9a573ba5e45cd501eefb.jpg
dbd8128d3eae2ab9c6e545293c7b7666.jpg
0989aa1a4b6d4fc762d525595ad625ee.jpg
77bf744bdfc4e0db1058df03d7974108.jpg
3d0da79dc2440bc8c82487bb62acb762.jpg
0c64ee65e3daf0101796fbff0184b9d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1065282981730942978 Neca is incapable of taking criticism, it's embarrassing. I'm going to get this regardless, but I will have to buy custom pants somewhere as the joints look hideous.

Lmao. They call their customer base morons? It’s ok to think that but to write it down and click send...weird?

Anyways. Anyone have updates on the 1/7 scale replacement parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmao. They call their customer base morons? It’s ok to think that but to write it down and click send...weird?

Anyways. Anyone have updates on the 1/7 scale replacement parts?

They are morons for criticizing necas commitment to the source material
They should have done their homework instead of complaining

They are morons for criticizing necas commitment to the source material
They should have done their homework instead of complaining

That may be, but I stand by my point that it’s not good business to alienate your customer base by calling them morons. Perhaps give them an explanation as to why they are wrong.

That may be, but I stand by my point that it’s not good business to alienate your customer base by calling them morons. Perhaps give them an explanation as to why they are wrong.

Mark Zuckerberg called his users “Dumb ****ers,” and his business seemed to be going great years later.

Mark Zuckerberg called his users “Dumb ****ers,” and his business seemed to be going great years later.

And that makes it ok? Or a smart business move?

Whatever. I’m done with this topic. More interested where my replacement parts are.

And that makes it ok? Or a smart business move?

Whatever. I’m done with this topic. More interested where my replacement parts are.

Actually yes. Check how companies are hiring social media managers that basically roast people all day long. It seems that stuff carries further and gets more eyes on your brand name.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I am really happy to be here. I just recently joined the world of collecting action figures and my first major buy were the 1/4 Turtles from NECA. Now, as I live in Germany its somewhat difficult to obtain those figures, I got them from an onlineshop who imports them, so far I received Raphael and Donny, both of which have some flaws, but I try to not be to fussy about it.

The one I am kind of taking issue with is Michelangelo. I am not sure if his problems warrant a exchange however as my German dealer only has very limited stock of each figure and I end up with an even worse figure. His painting is pretty good, just some annoying white and silver paint splashes on the chest shell. Like Donny his bandana is not attached 100% perfectly, if you shine a light on it you can see like a 1mm gap between his cheek and the bandana on the left side, but I guess as long as you dont see it under normal circumstances that is fine. The big problem is the eyes! His left eye is ever so slightly turned inward, while the right eye looks straight ahead, thereby looking like he has mild strabismus. Its just a tiny bit inward rotaited so, not even sure it really comes to light on the photo.
Anyway I wanted to ask how common it is for Michelangelos eyes not being aligned perfectly. Should I return it or is it acceptable?

I am not even sure I or anybody noticed when displayed, but I think his eyes are so noticable that I kind of care, but I dread the hassle of a return. I already returned Donny because he had a huge glue splash on his bandana only so that now his bandana does not fit 100%. I guess its difficult to find perfect ones if you dont have a store nearby where you can actually thorougly examine them yourself. ^^

Oh and for Michelangelos shell splashes and other paint splashes: Can I somehow find a colour chart to get the right color tones and fix those with some light dry brushing myself? I painted warhammer figures ages ago, I guess I am able to fix some minor paint flaws myself.

Hi guys,

I am really happy to be here. I just recently joined the world of collecting action figures and my first major buy were the 1/4 Turtles from NECA. Now, as I live in Germany its somewhat difficult to obtain those figures, I got them from an onlineshop who imports them, so far I received Raphael and Donny, both of which have some flaws, but I try to not be to fussy about it.

The one I am kind of taking issue with is Michelangelo. I am not sure if his problems warrant a exchange however as my German dealer only has very limited stock of each figure and I end up with an even worse figure. His painting is pretty good, just some annoying white and silver paint splashes on the chest shell. Like Donny his bandana is not attached 100% perfectly, if you shine a light on it you can see like a 1mm gap between his cheek and the bandana on the left side, but I guess as long as you dont see it under normal circumstances that is fine. The big problem is the eyes! His left eye is ever so slightly turned inward, while the right eye looks straight ahead, thereby looking like he has mild strabismus. Its just a tiny bit inward rotaited so, not even sure it really comes to light on the photo.
Anyway I wanted to ask how common it is for Michelangelos eyes not being aligned perfectly. Should I return it or is it acceptable?

I am not even sure I or anybody noticed when displayed, but I think his eyes are so noticable that I kind of care, but I dread the hassle of a return. I already returned Donny because he had a huge glue splash on his bandana only so that now his bandana does not fit 100%. I guess its difficult to find perfect ones if you dont have a store nearby where you can actually thorougly examine them yourself. ^^

Oh and for Michelangelos shell splashes and other paint splashes: Can I somehow find a colour chart to get the right color tones and fix those with some light dry brushing myself? I painted warhammer figures ages ago, I guess I am able to fix some minor paint flaws myself.

In the picture, Michelangelo’s eyes look fine to me. They purposely gave him a wide gaze that makes his eyes look a little crazy. Mine looks the same.

Its not really noticable on the photo unfortunately, its more obvious looking at him live, but while the pupille on the left side of the photo looks straight ahead, the one on the right side is slightly inward rotated. His gaze is just slightly off, but I notice it and it look a little bit stupid. But than again, I think was just looking for confirmation that they all have certain flaws and imperfections. ^^

Oh and can say turn the head up and down or just left and right? I might need the hair dryer again... -__-

Hey thanks I was able to pose Donnys head downward now and get him in my favourite pose. cheers.

Any suggestions about the silver and black paint spots/splashes on Michaelangelos chest so? What is the best way to fix that? I guess I could just remove the spots with nailpolisher and than use some thinned out black colour to reapply some weathering on the cleaned up spots, right?

NECA on Twitter has a new pic of the Shredder from behind with his cape on. Hopefully he’s not too far away from a full reveal!

Back