NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DVMbi7m.jpg

one of them scalpers proudly put a "proof" that he ordered 2 sets for $250. doesn't even try to hide the 200% price from sellers.
at least they stopped selling them for 300 and mostly stick to 250 now.
Currently, that’s within their right. Now, the ones listing 3, 4, 5 and upwards... yeah, no. That’s why they needed to make it even more difficult to obtain multiple sets, but that’s beating a dead horse at this point.

Neca should have done a pre-order instead of what we currently have. It won't get rid of scalping but more fans will get what they want. I hope they consider doing it for next year.

Neca should have done a pre-order instead of what we currently have. It won't get rid of scalping but more fans will get what they want. I hope they consider doing it for next year.

I don’t understand what you’re proposing. Please don’t think I’m being sarcastic or patronizing. I see this as a pre-sale, but I don’t understand how it’s different than a preorder.

It is a pre-order though. o_O

I’m wondering if it would have helped to have an additional purchase option, featuring a sewer home diorama set, limited to 3 thousand, to displace some of the orders for the solitary set?

Might have made matters worse though.

Collectors could still get both of the diorama sets, but if Neca went that route, there would have to be a limitation of only one separate Turtles set, period. It couldn’t be bundled with either of the dioramas. If you want your two sets, you buy the dioramas. That would probably be too much work and too much for some people to comprehend though.

I don’t understand what you’re proposing. Please don’t think I’m being sarcastic or patronizing. I see this as a pre-sale, but I don’t understand how it’s different than a preorder.

What I meant on "pre-orders" is similar to what Super 7 does and Mattel did with MOTUC. Where people can order an item/s for a couple of days or weeks before closing it.

Without the ridiculous "rush" or having people suffer stress and anxiety. LOL!

I'm sure it would generate more sales for them and I would think still fall under "exclusive" in their contract with playmates.

It's a win-win for both Neca and their customers IMHO.

Last edited:
Did you see how quick the Hot Toys Deadpool 2 figure sold out on BBTS? I saw it go up. Debated on it for a moment, came back and it was gone. Same thing would have happened with these, even at 10 thousand units.

If we are assuming playmates limit the numbers on what neca can make, then you're right. Fans are on the loosing end.
But if not, neca should consider opening pre-orders for a number of days/weeks. This way, it gives everyone a fair chance.

They do. And Neca apparently just has to take it in the ass.

We’ve got one more chance at these. After that, the way I see it, you either ebay it or you wait for them to announce a sewer home diorama, as that is a pretty obvious shoe-in for next year, besides maybe a Splinter and Shredder two-pack.

Beyond that... options are limited. Wait for bootlegs (ugh, that’s sad), or hope to god Tamashii gets wind of the huge demand for this line and makes Turtles that will actually sell, instead of sit in warehouses for years on end.

If we are assuming playmates limit the numbers on what neca can make, then you're right. Fans are on the loosing end.
But if not, neca should consider opening pre-orders for a number of days/weeks. This way, it gives everyone a fair chance.

Are you serious? wow what a bunch of losers that company is. They should just keep making there crappy kids toys and let neca do quality products. Whats so damn hard about that?

What I meant on "pre-orders" is similar to what Super 7 does and Mattel did with MOTUC. Where people can order an item/s for a couple of days or weeks before closing it.

Without the ridiculous "rush" or having people suffer stress and anxiety. LOL!

I'm sure it would generate more sales for them and I would think still fall under "exclusive" in their contract with playmates.

It's a win-win for both Neca and their customers IMHO.
Playmates limits neca on how many they can make and where they can sell them. Neca wants to sell them worldwide but playmates won't allow it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Are you serious? wow what a bunch of losers that company is. They should just keep making there crappy kids toys and let neca do quality products. Whats so damn hard about that?

The fact that they pay a lot of money for the license and dont want competition? If sucks but its not hard fo see why Playmates would be saying no.

The fact that they pay a lot of money for the license and dont want competition? If sucks but its not hard fo see why Playmates would be saying no.
Something tells me they’re regretting that sentiment after this.

The demand for this set has been huge. If they had drawn up a contract that freed up the license a bit, for the film franchise, and allowed Neca to sell these at their leisure... the money would be rolling in for quite a while.

Instead, their crappy Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures will clog the pegs for years, as adult collectors avoid them like the plague and groan when their kids ask for them.

Possibly? I dunno. They sure do look friggin’ awful. I wouldn’t buy my kids that mess. We’d be stopping by the comic shop instead. That’s where the real Turtle figures reside.

Currently, that’s within their right. Now, the ones listing 3, 4, 5 and upwards... yeah, no. That’s why they needed to make it even more difficult to obtain multiple sets, but that’s beating a dead horse at this point.
of course it's within their rights, it's still like buying all burgers in the store because you're allowed to enter it - and then reselling them to a hungry man outside with a 100% additional fee.
i completely understand 20% for sellers's trouble and effort and 20% for buyer's desperation, but the rest is a bit dirty.

So I got lucky today, but tomorrow I will try to get another set for a SSF member, but I told him that if he gets it from someone else, then it's no big deal, and I'll just sell it here for the retail price + shipping cost, , so letting you all know. Let's see if I can get lucky twice. :)

Once again, thank you!

Guys, I will now go through this thread and contact a few of you, in hopes to get a few hunters for more sets for other Freaks such as franpincho. Let's show Neca how awesome this community is and why it is superior to Facebook. :lol:

PMs send. Whoever is willing to help/ participate. Kindly reply to my PM. Every set we get, will be forwarded to another Freak who had no luck getting one. I will handle the organization, so please contact me is you need a set and we will see what is doable. Should have come up with the idea last Monday...

I really need a set. I am very serious. I'm in, this is a great idea and this makes me feel I finally have a chance for this set, thanks ;)

Back