NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got word from NECA that Leo will be on their store early next week!

Got my Raphael today. The head was rattling around in the box. Looked like the plastic at the back had warped, preventing it from staying on in transit. Fortunately, there were no scratches on the paint and simply heating up the plastic with a blowdryer caused it to pop back into shape. Didn't even have to touch it.

This figure is hands-down the best thing NECA has ever done. And I normally can't stand this company, to be brutally frank. All of their past releases including 1/4 Aliens have disappointed me to varying degrees, but this figure stands head and shoulders above their previous work. It holds its own next to high-end collectibles with ease. Whether in dark or natural room light, this looks so much more expensive than it is.

Paint apps are clean, weathering is expertly done, and the eyes and teeth are separate plastic panels glued to the inside of the head, to give them a more realistic recessed look. They really went all-out on these figures, more so than their other stuff. If only all of their lines showed the same care and attention.

My only gripe is that the poseability is lacking in the arms. Some folks may be able to get a 90-degree bend, but I don't want to stretch the plastic of the elbow pads too much so I won't push it. It'd be hard to come up with radically (lol) different poses for each of the four if one were to buy them all. Even so, it's a stunner.

Eager to grab Leonardo as soon as he goes up. And I'm totally not tempted to get the others now... ;)

nckpiw.jpg

33faue1.jpg

I almost want to get out of this line because I never got a "proper" Ralph head. Did people get clean Ralphs from Neca directly?

I almost want to get out of this line because I never got a "proper" Ralph head. Did people get clean Ralphs from Neca directly?

Mine was clean and I bought direct. Could be that they've improved on the new shipments like they did with Donatello.

I ordered two Raphs from Neca and both were clean. Will be selling an second Leo as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The kraisers support the figures trust me. I have 10 NECA figures that are on Kraiser stands. You'll just have to get the extra wide one for teh Turtles. I had a few friends Turtle's fall in the most museum pose so I'd get an stand if I were you.

Which would you recommend? The chubby waist or the extra-large waist?

So... my slouchy Raph took a fall from the top of a detolf today. He wasn't damaged in the fall, but since the torso is so loose, I decided to call Entertainment Earth for a replacement. They are going exchange him. I hope my replacement doesn't have the loose torso. Either way, I'm going to go ahead and get stands. Both of my turtles were in museum poses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So... my slouchy Raph took a fall from the top of a detolf today. He wasn't damaged in the fall, but since the torso is so loose, I decided to call Entertainment Earth for a replacement. They are going exchange him. I hope my replacement doesn't have the loose torso. Either way, I'm going to go ahead and get stands. Both of my turtles were in museum poses.

Did they tell you that you were going to have to wait or anything? I know there or several of us that are still twiddling our thumbs waiting for our original orders to ship!

You can fix that by hot water poping the torso apart and place and o-ring around the barbell three times. Then pop the torso back together.

I've read so many reports of torso looseness that it's hard to tell if mine even has a serious problem. If I pull the torso back, it stays. If I lightly push it, it slides forward. But the figure itself still feels solid. Is it supposed to feel tight or can it have some give?

EDIT: Messed with mine to make sure I know what I've got. The torso is actually fairly controllable. I can slide it all the way back, all the way forward, and even in between extremes and it'll hold. It's not loose to the point that it slouches forward on its own, but it's not the tightest joint on the figure either. Then again I wouldn't expect it to be after everything I've read here. Eh.

Last edited:
Did they tell you that you were going to have to wait or anything? I know there or several of us that are still twiddling our thumbs waiting for our original orders to ship!
Yes. I have to wait too. Their rep said they will be getting him in June.
You can fix that by hot water poping the torso apart and place and o-ring around the barbell three times. Then pop the torso back together.

Thank you. I read that in this thread. I'd rather get a replacement though.

Back