NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it was wrong to go in there. i was interested to see if people were still interested in those since neca came out and saw some figure bashig so I put in my two cents. Frankly I think the Prime 1 are awful compared to these. Even before neca announced the 90s line I thought they looked off. I honestly don't see how you could pass these up but hey it's thier money.

There hulk bay turtles are more detailed then the 90s and you'd think for what like 500 a pop? They'd be flawless. But hey like I said not my money

I dunno guys, I just had a look in that statue thread where I see a few of you arguing with the locals - you shouldn't really be surprised at the response you're getting. I don't know exactly how it all started - I didn't read back - but keep in mind that you're going into their thread....and I don't see them coming in here.

From what I understand it was done on purpose. That's why I refused to comment in there. I read through all of it though. Took issue with one or two things obviously but to each their own I guess.

You are welcome here anytime. Some take this to heart for some reason, and are vividly open about loving their dolls with a passion. Do you really want to see insanity at the highest levels? Go to the HT DX11 thread and read about guys buying 8K 1/6 headsculpts. Yes, I did say 8K.

Personally, I was going to get the P1 statues, but then NECA showed these. I couldn't justify the price tag any longer, so I went with NECA. It really is not a price/money issue (like many statue collectors think) it was just a matter of preference.

Everyone justifies their purchases and that's fine. As long as we are not talking about 8K Headsculps, we should all be fine and get along.

Yea the hot toys threads are strange people drop loads of money on acute accuracy when it's just a figure. I don't understand the need to make EVERYTHING and EVERY LITTLE DETAIL perfect.
People really drop that kinda money on a small head?

Just opened my re-issue donatello from TRU and it barely has any spots on his head and none under his mouth unlike my first release that had a lot of spots.

I still love the Hot Toys figures I buy and can't wait to get these NECA Turtles. I find statues too limited and in the end I'm more like to lose interest in them. High end figures offer the best of both worlds I feel. Stunning detail, accuracy and poseable. You can totally change the feel of a display by simply reposing the figures and always keep it feeling fresh. If I felt they were toyish I wouldn't keep buying them.

That was me starting s*** in the Statue thread .
but that's me, I'm an honest person, I'm real .

that's just how I am. If I don't like something , I'll say something . if I like something also say something.

but all the veterans like myself on here know me, I speak my mind and that's all, if you know me from YouTube you know how I am , it's just my personality .

people take offense to it , oh well I.... don't care if they get bumm hurt, it really doesn't matter to me.

I was just going into that thread telling people , "hey save your money" and get something that's more accurate than these polystone paperweights , I think they are inaccurate and I think they're awful

That was me starting s*** in the Statue thread .
but that's me, I'm an honest person, I'm real .

that's just how I am. If I don't like something , I'll say something . if I like something also say something.

but all the veterans like myself on here know me, I speak my mind and that's all, if you know me from YouTube you know how I am , it's just my personality .

people take offense to it , oh well I.... don't care if they get bumm hurt, it really doesn't matter to me.

I was just going into that thread telling people , "hey save your money" and get something that's more accurate than these polystone paperweights , I think they are inaccurate and I think they're awful

It's all good man. We love u.

And yes, these are better.

Well, to be fair, it depends on what you want. Some of the Prime 1 faces may not be 100% (although personally, I think Mikey and Raph look great, Leo is passable/solid but Donnie is a disappointment/misfire), but the fact that the turtles are fighting together, in action poses that can't be replicated by the action figures, is appealing.

I have the NECA Donnie and Raph. Incredible value for the money. But despite being figures, the articulation is poor. The accessories are fine, but nothing to write home about. The bodies are rickety. But, admittedly, the head sculpts are great and the price is more than fair.

But they aren't perfect, either.

Finally "pre-ordered" Raph through EE for $84.99 total after using coupon RSDEAL17 (15.00 0FF 79.00+) :rock

Pretty sure the code still works too. For those still on the fence, HAVE AT IT!

EDIT: Looks like the coupon is reusable?! Just put in a preorder for Leo, too!

3 down 1 to go!

:hi5:Thanks! I just used this coupon and nabbed Leo.

This is why I don't store his sais on his belt too much stress. And I was looking at screen shots and where the sai loops are slightly off where they should be. But I been in talks with a guy that will be doing leather belts,elbow and knee pads soon. Also in talks with a guy who will be possibly doing metal sais with leather wraps and Leo's Katanas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Metal weapons? Leather belts and pads?

uu9pmDP.gif

Well, to be fair, it depends on what you want. Some of the Prime 1 faces may not be 100% (although personally, I think Mikey and Raph look great, Leo is passable/solid but Donnie is a disappointment/misfire), but the fact that the turtles are fighting together, in action poses that can't be replicated by the action figures, is appealing.

I have the NECA Donnie and Raph. Incredible value for the money. But despite being figures, the articulation is poor. The accessories are fine, but nothing to write home about. The bodies are rickety. But, admittedly, the head sculpts are great and the price is more than fair.

But they aren't perfect, either.
What do you mean the poses can't be replicated? Sure they can I replicated both Donnie and Raphs perfectly. ...

Especially Leo and donnie. There poses aren't so dynamic infact they are quiete bland compared to other statues

I don't think you could, for example, have Leonardo posed walking up/down the stairs without it looking awkward.

I don't think you could, for example, have Leonardo posed walking up/down the stairs without it looking awkward.
That pose would not be that hard to achieve. All of prime 1s poses are fully capable with the Necas.

ff4827b0290da07da2acb17fae170cd8.jpg

Necas sculpts are better
The statues capture the suits better IMO, recently watched the movie and it's apparent
Of course, that's probably the case with figs vs statues due to joints
Necas price is better

I've been a figure collector but the SS 1/5 hulk vs wolverine might make me dable in the statue realm

Prime 1 is a fantastic company with some great pieces but NECA blows them incredibly out of the water on these. Its no contest. NECA's figures look like they'd cost easily twice maybe even three times what they are priced at.

Back