NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Thanks to Toms123 for this Badass Figure!!

y5edy5eb.jpg

aru3ehun.jpg

ahy6aved.jpg

a2a3upu7.jpg

Went to a Comic shop and they had these 2 Custom Preds on Display. Unfortunately they weren't For Sale, I would've bought them right on the spot.

humury7e.jpg

rape7a3y.jpg

vyvygadu.jpg

It sucks my city hunter leg joint was broken after falling from 2mtrs height.

View attachment 110743

Anyone here that have experiences to fix this can of damage?

I am quite surprise found that the joint between the leg and hips is so small, compare with the size of figure.

I had the same issue with my CH as well. Here's what I did to fix it using a simple shirt button. Yes I did say shirt button.:lol
Mine being a custom took a bit more effort but yours is stock so it should be easier.

First I had to remove the lower half of the CH.
There are three screws located in the back side that hold the front and back assembly. Two are under the rubber ass skin near the top of the belt line and one is in the lower center. See the three white arrows.

Once removed, the lower half splits in two. This will release the upper body and leg. Remove the front and back hip plates.
Now you need to file, grind down the broken leg joint to level it close to the good legs stem height.

Raid your wife's sewing supplies like I did and find a button that is close in thickness and size or visit a fabric store. Look for one that has the hole areas recessed so the screw heads won't stick out and with just two holes.

Use the good leg hip joint as a template for sizing.
Once you have the right size button in hand, check to see if it fits snug with the other leg at the center of the arrow locations. There's limited space for both legs to fit so if it's too thick just grind it down to size but leave it snug so it will have some resistance otherwise the leg will swing too freely.

Next using the existing button holes, drill the two holes into the broken stem. You'll need two small screws and some super glue for additional grip. The screws cannot be longer than the stem or they will lock the ball joint.

Once that's done reinsert the leg along with the other leg and see to how they fit at the center, if its too loose at the center pivot point, add a small washer or any piece of plastic to create resistance in between both legs circular joints.

Reassemble and try not to put too much pressure on posing the leg or it may crack the button.

Enjoy your CH again. Ready to leave my workshop for the display case. I would say my CH hip surgery was a success.:lol

City Hunter & my next Predator custom project. Coming soon!

^^^^ Great DIY!!! How did you install the LED on CH? That's just awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with JH!

Hi EndoT800 :

Thanks alot for your sharing and I appreciated it very much.

I had ever tried this method by opening the lower half of the body and also use the shirt button, but it was unsuccesfull.
Instead of making 2 holes, i just used 1 holes and one bigger screw.
When i screw up the button to the leg, the button was cracked.

After seeing your works, i will tried it with another kind material of button.

DSC_0640.jpg
DSC_0641.jpg

Wish someone offered custom service to make that custom console for the 1/6 Hot Toys City Hunter. :pray:

Amazing work on the City Hunter , looking forward to seeing the same techniques on Jungle Hunter.:clap

I was hoping to see more 1/4 Preds at SDCC, but i guess thats not the case. Sucks cause I was waiting for a Wolf Predator. I still have to pick up an Elder predator to go with the Legendary Scale Bust that is coming out. I am keeping my eye out for one for a good price.

I had the same issue with my CH as well. Here's what I did to fix it using a simple shirt button. Yes I did say shirt button.:lol
Mine being a custom took a bit more effort but yours is stock so it should be easier.

First I had to remove the lower half of the CH.
There are three screws located in the back side that hold the front and back assembly. Two are under the rubber ass skin near the top of the belt line and one is in the lower center. See the three white arrows.

Once removed, the lower half splits in two. This will release the upper body and leg. Remove the front and back hip plates.
Now you need to file, grind down the broken leg joint to level it close to the good legs stem height.

Raid your wife's sewing supplies like I did and find a button that is close in thickness and size or visit a fabric store. Look for one that has the hole areas recessed so the screw heads won't stick out and with just two holes.

Use the good leg hip joint as a template for sizing.
Once you have the right size button in hand, check to see if it fits snug with the other leg at the center of the arrow locations. There's limited space for both legs to fit so if it's too thick just grind it down to size but leave it snug so it will have some resistance otherwise the leg will swing too freely.

Next using the existing button holes, drill the two holes into the broken stem. You'll need two small screws and some super glue for additional grip. The screws cannot be longer than the stem or they will lock the ball joint.

Once that's done reinsert the leg along with the other leg and see to how they fit at the center, if its too loose at the center pivot point, add a small washer or any piece of plastic to create resistance in between both legs circular joints.

Reassemble and try not to put too much pressure on posing the leg or it may crack the button.

Enjoy your CH again. Ready to leave my workshop for the display case. I would say my CH hip surgery was a success.:lol

City Hunter & my next Predator custom project. Coming soon!

I Really really hated that they gave the same articulation to these that the 7 inch predator 2 had.... That was just so retarded.

I don't move mine because of that. the 1/4 predator 2 predators needed to have the same kind of legs that the predator 1 had.

Back