NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$130 is a steal!

Right??? That's what I thought too!

Funny thing was she said there were people still trying to make up their mind on the last set she had and were trying to grind her cheaper lol. Fools! Ended up being my score

She also sold the new set of two Freddy Figures for $23 out the door, love that booth!

Just scored a 1:4 Masked City Hunter for 94 shipped. It's open and was purchased from Ebay, so let's hope it's in good condition. And I have the Elder coming from Bigbadtoystore when I decide to ship my Pile of Loot.

Just scored a 1:4 Masked City Hunter for 94 shipped. It's open and was purchased from Ebay, so let's hope it's in good condition. And I have the Elder coming from Bigbadtoystore when I decide to ship my Pile of Loot.

If it is not good shape I have a NIB one in my sales thread.

The 1/4 scale Elder is one sloppy beeyach.

Or perhaps I got a factory 2nd or 3rd from The Neca eBay Store.

Fast shipping, I'll give them that, but the figure is the sloppiest and most poorly done 1/4 scale Predator that I have come across.

Buyers remorse here. Shoulda quit at the last release Unmasked City Hunter and Lost Tribe Gort.

I'm done.

P1130629.JPG

Notice the net is pretty raped and the loincloth has a piss poor paint app.

I can't tell if it was never painted or grey paint was hurled around the figure, or if it is some grey glue.

P1130622.JPG

All the other figures in my collection showed up mint and looks 100X better in fit and finish.

P1130632.JPG

P1130633.JPG

Elder for sale, Elder for sale.
I paid $116 and welcome offers to cut my losses.

Well this has ended up turning into a Predator filled week for me. Yesterday I got HT Scar and today I unexpectedly got a call from Amok Time telling me Elder and Big Red came in.

First off let me say that I am absolutely exhausted after trying to get Elder out of his box and all set up on the shelf...nearly a 2 hour ordeal. Those twisty ties are the absolute worst and yes I used scissors. Feels like I need the jaws of life just to cut them...it was a whole other ordeal pulling him out of the damn box because they are so entwined.

I can't even be bothered to open up Big Red today...

Anyway. Elder is a very cool Pred. He doesn't come without flaws though. His paint job is definitely the worst of all the 1/4 Preds I'd say. His dreads are not greyish blue :/ And something does seem a bit off with eyes when viewed at certain angles. I think it's because the sclera (white part of our eyes) are also white. Makes them look too human for an alien. I looked at Jungle Hunter and his sclera's are navy blue and look 10x better and menacing. It might be best to paint them the same color. I also might repaint his dreads even though I've never done that before. I just don't like the color on him.

Regardless, he still looks awesome on the shelf which is all I care about in the end. I did some minor adjustments, removing his wristblades and adding another layer of netting to left gauntlet. It looks much better.

Elder2_zps42247cf0.jpg

Elder1_zps7d582215.jpg

Elder3_zpsffd735fe.jpg

I use side cutters or toenail clippers for the thousands of twisties. 5 minutes, tops. Haha. Thanks for the pics!

I use side cutters or toenail clippers for the thousands of twisties. 5 minutes, tops. Haha. Thanks for the pics!

Toenail clippers for me as well. It take longer to pick up all the twists and through them in the garbage than taking a 1/4 scale out of the box.

So I'm not the only one who uses toenail clippers. LOL

Sorry to hear about the paint issues on Elder. I still have one coming, and hope I can do at least a few things to it to make it look better.

Can anyone tell from the movie screenshots if his netting is black or grey?

Well this has ended up turning into a Predator filled week for me. Yesterday I got HT Scar and today I unexpectedly got a call from Amok Time telling me Elder and Big Red came in.

First off let me say that I am absolutely exhausted after trying to get Elder out of his box and all set up on the shelf...nearly a 2 hour ordeal. Those twisty ties are the absolute worst and yes I used scissors. Feels like I need the jaws of life just to cut them...it was a whole other ordeal pulling him out of the damn box because they are so entwined.

I can't even be bothered to open up Big Red today...

Anyway. Elder is a very cool Pred. He doesn't come without flaws though. His paint job is definitely the worst of all the 1/4 Preds I'd say. His dreads are not greyish blue :/ And something does seem a bit off with eyes when viewed at certain angles. I think it's because the sclera (white part of our eyes) are also white. Makes them look too human for an alien. I looked at Jungle Hunter and his sclera's are navy blue and look 10x better and menacing. It might be best to paint them the same color. I also might repaint his dreads even though I've never done that before. I just don't like the color on him.

Regardless, he still looks awesome on the shelf which is all I care about in the end. I did some minor adjustments, removing his wristblades and adding another layer of netting to left gauntlet. It looks much better.

Elder2_zps42247cf0.jpg

Elder1_zps7d582215.jpg

Elder3_zpsffd735fe.jpg

Why do all your preds have the same pose? Are they boy-band-dancing?

It's definitely glue. Don't mind my nasty finger wound.

P1130637.JPG

P1130635.JPG

And here is the Predator 1 release which cost $80

P1130638.JPG

Anybody want an Elder to strip?
I'll sell it for $70 shipped (in the U.S.A.), cut my losses.
Figure is still attached to the box insert. Good to go.

For shame, Neca, for shame!
What? 1/4 Scale Boar to be released in 2014?
Shut up and take my money!

It's definitely glue. Don't mind my nasty finger wound.

P1130637.JPG

P1130635.JPG

And here is the Predator 1 release which cost $80

P1130638.JPG

Anybody want an Elder to strip?
I'll sell it for $70 shipped (in the U.S.A.), cut my losses.
Figure is still attached to the box insert. Good to go.

For shame, Neca, for shame!
What? 1/4 Scale Boar to be released in 2014?
Shut up and take my money!

Sent you a PM about that elder! :wave

Back