NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at my 7" City Hunter the mouth almost looks to be half open and half closed, not fully open but definitely not closed, either.

Ah well, semantics, this news makes my week!

The 7" version and the Prototype are Open Mouth.

But a Closes Mouth Version is Possible, look the Borg Predator Prototype ;-)

holy moly. About a year old pic of the p2 which became the 7" figure!

Still a good indicator of what we may get though

I bought the Toys R' Us exclusive two pack just to get the masked city hunter so I'm dying to see what Kyle does with it in 20" form! While I'm sure the sculpt will be awesome I'm curious to see if they can get the paint right, that dark copper with the metallic flakes ain't gonna be easy, it looks okay on the 7" but I hope they step it up for the big boy.

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party, but I just got the closed-mouth version in on Saturday and I'm blown away by this piece - NECA really knocked this out of the park! Looking forward to the P2!

If I recall correctly, NECA also had a prototype 1:4 scale Elder Predator at another exhibit. Perhaps someone here has photos to post.

Not in 1/4 scale if I'm correct, but here are the pics. It was displayed alongside P1. I still can't believe we get this P2 beauty
predator2shop025.jpg

img_943682_32236142_8.jpg

DSCF1430.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

DSCF1428.jpg

DSCF1423.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

Damn watching these pictures I really hope NECA delivers Elder in the future as well! :pray:

Last edited:
Those are all prototypes, they always make their prototypes on a 12" scale, I just wish they would produce them in the future, but I couldn't be happier on the 1/4 scale goodness. :)

I always found it odd that they make their prototypes larger than what they eventually release, is it really a prototype when they do that? It's a prototype of a 12" figure for sure but the end product is 7", shouldn't they make a prototype at 7" rather than 12"?

I don't know, I'm nitpicking.

I'm not a fan of the Elder's Paint application.

it reminds me of Marv in Home Alone 2 after he takes a 100lb bag of concrete mix to the face :rotfl

They have gotta do the elder, but pred 2 is my favourite looking even though the film aint the best imo. If they do the elder I am having it large:)

Back