NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some crappy phone camera pics to show how he looks on display with Sideshow stuff. The wife is out of town with the camera right now, so I'll have to take some proper pics when she gets back.
pred2.jpg

They look great together!

Damn, just for fun I went to ebay to see what people are charging and they must be out of their freakin' minds over there, one guy is charging $500.00 for the set of three!

They aren't even 100% sold out yet to warrant paying that much, in a few months sure when there is no alternative but not now.

In afew months time you'll have sellers charging $500 for just one.:lol

Right, that's just insane.
But you know, someone who is really impatient will jump on that.
Those are the twitch-buyers.

Tempted?:lol

As awesome as these look, I may end up cancelling my p/o of the three...I have the SS ex maquette, which is bigger and better. I'm just not sure I need to have these, especially when space is a premium...

You should get one. One would be good, especially for the price.:)

hey did TRU took them off cuz they were sold out?? anyone??

They really haven't given me any straight answers. They told me they would be in this week. Now they are not getting them till next month.

The operators have no idea whats going on. They say they are back ordered/out of stock but they never had any in the first place.

I just cancelled mine from TRU and ordered one from CSC. It will be here next Monday.

Al :)

MySpace
Kitbuilders Magazine

They really haven't given me any straight answers. They told me they would be in this week. Now they are not getting them till next month.

The operators have no idea whats going on. They say they are back ordered/out of stock but they never had any in the first place.

I just cancelled mine from TRU and ordered one from CSC. It will be here next Monday.

Al :)

MySpace
Kitbuilders Magazine

yeah seems like TRU doesnt exactly know whats going on.....hopefully i could catch one online or in stores. thanks for the info!!

DJ, if Amoktime doesn't complete my order, I'll take you up on that offer.
Of course, I understand, first come first serve.

Let me know, bro. He's still here. Thinking of getting someone to re-paint the armor, put quills on him, go for the most screen accurate paint job there is.

Hopefully a local TrU will end up getting them...I just want 1 at this point, dont need all 3.
hang on, wait a sec, just a minute, hold on, wait, whoa... so it's been confirmed that TRU stores are getting these inside the actual stores and not just online?

because i was under the impression these are only available online or unless you harass your local comic shop to order them.

hang on, wait a sec, just a minute, hold on, wait, whoa... so it's been confirmed that TRU stores are getting these inside the actual stores and not just online?

because i was under the impression these are only available online or unless you harass your local comic shop to order them.

No, it hasnt been confirmed. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Here's some crappy phone camera pics to show how he looks on display with Sideshow stuff. The wife is out of town with the camera right now, so I'll have to take some proper pics when she gets back.

pred3.jpg

Based on this picture the Predator looks smaller than the Vader PF so it is not a full 1/4 scale?

Yeah, in true NECA style, they made it 18" instead of actual 1/4 scale, which makes it only as tall as every other 18" character they have done, and too small to be properly displayed with Sideshow maquettes. If it's not even taller than Darth Talon, I have no use for it on my shelf. Oh well.

I guess only time will tell if I ever get a perfect 1/4 scale representation.

Yeah, in true NECA style, they made it 18" instead of actual 1/4 scale, which makes it only as tall as every other 18" character they have done, and too small to be properly displayed with Sideshow maquettes. If it's not even taller than Darth Talon, I have no use for it on my shelf. Oh well.

C'mon SS, I'd love to see you put a custom paint on this piece! I told you before, you're sick and I hate you (in a totally complimentary way), and you do the BEST custom Pred paint jobs I've ever seen.

Just do eeeet :pray:

pred1.jpg

pred2.jpg

pred3.jpg

Looking at this pic makes me wish I had that cool Aliens statue. Cool thing is it looks like this 80 dollar figure fits right in with these cool high end pieces. Nice pics.

Since I don't generally collect 1/4 scale stuff its not a deal breaker. Its in decent scale with the NECA Alien and thats good enough for me.

the SSC P1 maquette is probably as good as we'll ever get from this franchise. cannon aside, it's pretty much dead-on. i wouldn't expect a toy company to beat that or come close to it.

Back