NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pred3.jpg

Based on this picture the Predator looks smaller than the Vader PF so it is not a full 1/4 scale?

Kind of makes you wonder if that Alien is too large or the Predator is too small. Sigh, companies have been inaccurate with scaling down characters since the dawn of time. Still looks dynamite on display! Great detail next to a piece like the 1/4 Alien.

Accurate 1/4 scale would have put the figure at about 22 or 23 inches. That is not a complaint btw :)

Yeah, it's been very inconsistent trying to get accurate scaling across multiple figures of the same line/franchise...and not just with NECA, but with all manufacturers.

Yeah, it sucks though since they advertised it as a 1/4 scale then that is what it should be and not about 1/5 scale as it looks like it is. If this is an 18" figure then that is how it should have been advertised to begin with instead of 1/4 scale which is misleading and false advertising. A 4-5 inch difference is quite a bit between 1/4 and 1/5 scale. It should be interesting to see it next to the Sideshow maquette when I get mine tomorrow.

Still looks awesome though regardless of scale.

I guess I will know for sure when my set arrives.

What is it about the masked version you don't like, Jedster? Outside of the seam and the gap of course.

In my opinion, the mask looks cheap and the design is poor. Whereas the unmasked version, people can appreciate the sculpt on the face, the details of the wrinkles and skin texture, the depth of the facial forms and just pretty much the detail and looks meaner. The face has expression, whereas the mask is just so blank and boring.

This was my answer to an email I wrote to them asking about my Preorder with Toys R Us and the preds,
so... this is what they said... I don't know :monkey2
(kinda confused with the "additional inventory" phrase, does that mean they already have some? I don't know..)

are u guys talking about the neca 1/4 pred or 7inch figure because i dont see anything preorders on the 1/4 on TRU????????????????????????????????????????? thanks in advance

As awesome as these look, I may end up cancelling my p/o of the three...I have the SS ex maquette, which is bigger and better. I'm just not sure I need to have these, especially when space is a premium...

are u guys talking about the neca 1/4 pred or 7inch figure because i dont see anything preorders on the 1/4 on TRU????????????????????????????????????????? thanks in advance

TRU had preorders up for the "1/4" scale figures on their website but have recently taken them off the site.

I got all three myself - actually 2 of each =) !!
but by the time I got my first set from CSC the day after they rec'd them, they had already sold 100 out of the 200 pcs they ordered...
that's when I decided to get my second set...

I am really impressed by the quality...
ever since they started selling figures at Toys R Us , the quality of their figures improved -- they are not nearly as fragile as when the first aliens came out -- heck even the alien in the 2pack at TRU is a much better quality -- it doesn't crack apart due to sticky paint in the joints...

EXCELLENT!!!

and to TANKMAN:
Excellent work!!! - (though as you stated, I also wish you had a chance to revisit the Alien - just the head would be fine - unless they are willing to give him a neutral basic pose, like the pred)

I for one would love to see the ELDER PREDATOR IN 1/4 scale...!!!!!
I don't want to spend 800-1200 for a Hot Toys Elder...and I doubt Hot Toys will reissue that one any time soon.
At the very least, NECA can use a few of the molds that are identical (like the torso, arms, legs, feet, or whichever)...

ELDER! EDER! ELDER! ELDER! pls pls pls!!!

Here's some crappy phone camera pics to show how he looks on display with Sideshow stuff. The wife is out of town with the camera right now, so I'll have to take some proper pics when she gets back.

pred1.jpg

Is that the production piece or did you customize it? If that's production, it is totally impressive!

Weel, it looks like the release date for TRU online was pushed back to the June 3, and thats when they think they are receiving them in their warehouse...:gah: :impatient: :gah: :impatient: :gah:

Don't know about the stores release.

Al :panic:

MySpace
Kitbuilders Magazine

I remember when they had these up on their website for preorder, this was the date listed as well.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

Back