NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001-9.jpg

Epicness!!I need my Predator!Hopefully BBTS got these in stock next week.

This figure looks great but I still will opt out and be happy with my Hot Toys P1.
Some parts just don't looks a refined.

I think it's really lame that NECA didn't just make one version with inter changable parts.

This figure looks great but I still will opt out and be happy with my Hot Toys P1.
Some parts just don't looks a refined.

I think it's really lame that NECA didn't just make one version with inter changable parts.
This was a decision they had to make. In the end, they were going for accuracy over convenience.

This head sculpt is more accurate than the P1 by HT. If they intended for it to have a removable biomask, the head sculpt would have to be compromised.

This was a decision they had to make. In the end, they were going for accuracy over convenience.

This head sculpt is more accurate than the P1 by HT. If they intended for it to have a removable biomask, the head sculpt would have to be compromised.

They could simply do it in a way that the mask would fit without mandibles below, like the HT Falconer bio which is glued on the unpainted head. That wouldnd't compromise accuracy and would be much better. They could make the whole mouth removable to switch between open and closed mandibles, and then without the mouth piece you would simply fit the bio with some kind of attachment like HT did with Falconer below the bio. That would be perfect and I don't see why it couldn't be done. And let's face it... they will profit more by selling 3 whole figures, so this is kinda convenient for them.

I have to agree with capellamusic there!
It could've been done with removable mandibles etc.

I resent NECA for doing this. If I was buying one for that money, I would want a removable helmet at least.
Or have the unmasked verion as one release with interchangable mandibles.
I think making two unmasked versions is just being a tight arse!

They could simply do it in a way that the mask would fit without mandibles below, like the HT Falconer bio which is glued on the unpainted head. That wouldnd't compromise accuracy and would be much better. They could make the whole mouth removable to switch between open and closed mandibles, and then without the mouth piece you would simply fit the bio with some kind of attachment like HT did with Falconer below the bio. That would be perfect and I don't see why it couldn't be done. And let's face it... they will profit more by selling 3 whole figures, so this is kinda convenient for them.

nope I dun think even that might be enough. plus I'm glad I won't have to worry about ugly seam lines at the mandible area.

looking 4ward to getting my trio too :D

I have to agree with capellamusic there!
It could've been done with removable mandibles etc.

I resent NECA for doing this. If I was buying one for that money, I would want a removable helmet at least.
Or have the unmasked verion as one release with interchangable mandibles.
I think making two unmasked versions is just being a tight arse!

Or just have the three heads in the one box and charge us more for the all in one box set. It would still be cheaper than buying all three.

photo3-9.jpg

I thought they had fixed the lens?

Oooops, this one doesn't look so good...:panic:

I pre ordered the masked one back in march from moviereplicasdirect.com and I thought I could wait, after seeing these in hand pics from people, now i just ordered the closed mouth one from csc. it's like being a junkie and saying this is going to be your last hit, and you see all your friends are doing it.... so one more wont hurt!

photo3-9.jpg

I thought they had fixed the lens?

I have a feeling NONE of the lenses are going to be fixed.

The shots we got from Tankman earlier were of the one he fixed.

All these shots are of production pieces and it looks like they all have the big gaps. :slap

Back