NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

The HT P1 Bio is way to tight and thick. Also, bios tend to bend the mandibles inwards, causing the "plugs" to become loose...at least thats what I see on my HT P1...waiting for Baloo's P1 Bio =)

Question to tankman:

Will each of the open and closed heads be sculpted as one or will they be like the smaller figures with the noticeable seam and difference in paint colour?

Thanks.

Thanks! PO'd the three-pack. I'll make my final decision when I have all three in-hand and sell the ones I don't want at cost. Phew...

That's my thinking as well. But what will we do if it turns out so well, that we want to keep all three? :)

Not sure. At least we can put off making the final decision until April, so we don't have to be pressured by them selling out of PO's now.

Question to tankman:

Will each of the open and closed heads be sculpted as one or will they be like the smaller figures with the noticeable seam and difference in paint colour?

Thanks.

Due to the complexity of the sculpt, I can't imagine any cost effective or feasible ways to create the head as one piece.

I think it's safe to assume the head will be identical to the smaller figures, hopefully with improved paint jobs. Paint will vary, I must have gotten lucky as my 7" samples don't have noticeable differences in face paint color (the netting looks like ass though).

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Hey guys I'm new to neca figures so where is the best place to preorder the open mouth version? I know BBTS is sold out.

Might check corner store comics.

Yeah I would advise checking locally... and I'm sure ebay will have them for close to retail price when they get released.

My local weekend market has a booth that sells NECA products and they will be selling the large predators when they are released.

Yeah I would advise checking locally... and I'm sure ebay will have them for close to retail price when they get released.

My local weekend market has a booth that sells NECA products and they will be selling the large predators when they are released.

You are lucky. I have to buy all my stuff online, there aren't many good places around here to buy toys.

Way too many idiots and criminals on eBay. But your money your risk :dunno.[/QUOTE said:
Agreed about the idiots and criminals part. Risk association...none. Nope. Nada. Zilcho. Absolutely no risk to buyers at all whatsoever these days/anymore. Ebay's new buyer protection plan means if its junk or destroyed~they will refund you. Then they will have words with the seller and seize funds accordingly to get their money back. I have a 1450 feedback rating and sell as much as I buy. I started at 0 once to. Seems legit to me. Just trying to save people some money. Excuse me for trying to help folks get a deal.:(

Hellow, i'm New in here, and I'd like to ask some Old question..
Can some1 give me the twitter account for this Neca-Production...
Thx b4 =)

I was checking out the P1 maquette thread and wanted to ask... is the P1 maquette really 1/4? Because it's double the height (looks like more) than the HT P1, and what's when it's only half-crouching.

Either the maquette isn't exactly 1/4, or NECA's Predator will be huge.

I was checking out the P1 maquette thread and wanted to ask... is the P1 maquette really 1/4? Because it's double the height (looks like more) than the HT P1, and what's when it's only half-crouching.

Either the maquette isn't exactly 1/4, or NECA's Predator will be huge.

I believe the Predator is supposed to be around 7' 3" according to what I've read, but he could be a little taller. I'm not sure.

If you calculate that out to inches it's 87 inches and divide it by 4 and you've got a 21 3/4 inch tall statue/figure.

I have the maquette right in front of me, but it is hard to scale him especially with the crouching pose and all. He honestly looks to be more than double the height of a Hot Toys Predator, and the bulk is pretty large as well. It's hard to imaging getting a Predator figure by NECA that is as large as the maquette. I think it would dwarf the Alien they put out at that size.

Last edited:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Is there a chance that the maquette could be a little bigger than 1/4? All I've seen are pictures, but it seems like it's the height you proposed for an accurate 1/4 just when it's crouching. Standing straight up, it'd be taller, though.

If the maquette really is accurately scaled, we're getting a bigger figure than I thought. All this 19" talk would then be totally irrelevant.

I believe the Predator is supposed to be around 7' 3" according to what I've read, but he could be a little taller. I'm not sure.

If you calculate that out to inches it's 87 inches and divide it by 4 and you've got a 21 3/4 inch tall statue/figure.

I have the maquette right in front of me, but it is hard to scale him especially with the crouching pose and all. He honestly looks to be more than double the height of a Hot Toys Predator, and the bulk is pretty large as well. It's hard to imaging getting a Predator figure by NECA that is as large as the maquette. I think it would dwarf the Alien they put out at that size.
the actor without the costume was over 7'2.5". so Predator is definitely bigger than 7'3". the feet and giant head must've added several inches.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Is there a chance that the maquette could be a little bigger than 1/4? All I've seen are pictures, but it seems like it's the height you proposed for an accurate 1/4 just when it's crouching. Standing straight up, it'd be taller, though.

If the maquette really is accurately scaled, we're getting a bigger figure than I thought. All this 19" talk would then be totally irrelevant.

doubt it, the 1/3 cm makes the SS maquette look tiny..............but we had a discussion about this long ago. Why would it be irrelevent?, it proves that this is not true to 1/4 scale, it should be a couple inches taller

the actor without the costume was over 7'2.5". so Predator is definitely bigger than 7'3". the feet and giant head must've added several inches.

I said I wasn't sure. That's the best answer I could get from a quick google search.

True 1/4 scale or not, it's still a massive, posable, very well sculpted, looking to be very well painted figure of the best Predator ever designed.

Back