NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

necapredatorpainted.jpg

Damn, am I glad I pre-ordered all 3 versions!

This looks AMAZING!

You actually think it will look like this? I do not doubt that it will look good but you can forget about the quality in that pic.

I just want you to know Fortknox...I don't even bother to read your moronic, ill-informed, obviously early childhood issue biased posts.

You're welcome to your opinion...I just don't care what it is.

**puts Fartknox on IGNORE** :wave

I just want you to know Fortknox...I don't even bother to read your moronic, ill-informed, obviously early childhood issue biased posts.

:exactly:

Please try using paragraphs. I might actually try to read your rant.

You actually think it will look like this? I do not doubt that it will look good but you can forget about the quality in that pic.

Maybe not exactly.

But, NECA did state that this was a "factory deco sample", which would mean this is a factory paint app piece.

So, I'm expecting big things from this one.

The pred on the new picture looks fantastic, but it would be good if they give us close up pictures with higher resolution. I hope the final product will look like this, because if that happen it will be one of the best predator 1 collectible out there.

Why don't you just pre-order them?

The only places to do that are forbiddenplanet.com and reading reviews of their online shopping they don't seem very good to buy from. Alot of items never seem to be in stock. Secondly play.com has it for pre-order for £20 more! than FP and does not offer which version you want:mad:

https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/17803198/Predators-1-4-Scale-Action-Figure/Product.html?searchstring=predator&searchtype=GADG&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search&strefer=GADG&searchfilters=s{predator}+c{439}+

I looked at ordering it from the US but the shipping rates were the same as the figure:lol

:goodpost:

I pre ordered 1, but now I seem to think I need at least 2!

Tankman, I'm not sure if you answered this before but of the 3 which do you like the best?

It looks nice but not dead on and the factory keeps changing it. It's so much better than painted on crap but I'd say it could be better but all in all I'm very happy with how nice the paint job is. I'm looking at the figure right now and keep shaking my head as I think about time this thing is getting made. No way would Mc Toys ever made this figure this nice and we we're very lucky they didn't make it 10 years ago. Everything worked out just right for Predator fans I think. I'm not sure which head I like best and I know it will be tough for those who will only get one. I'm really leaning toward the closed mouth. 90% of this thing looks like the Prototype.

Cool, the closed mouth is the one I've got PO'ed. Thanks for popping in to keep us updated man.

This is looking good! I complained about the netting before, but looking at it painted, it seems like less of a concern. Or did they tweak the netting from the earlier shots? I can't tell.

Either way, while the netting still isn't quite right, this still looks damn good! Look at the bulk in those legs - now that's a Predator! Glad I preordered and can't wait to see what further tweaking will bring us.

Swivel joints on the thighs - well, what would you prefer? Big honking ball joints that look completely out of place, like Hot Toys? Or perhaps no articulation at all, that would solve the joint problem. People are going to complain about something no matter what the manufacturer does. What NECA has done here with these joints is no worse than what other companies have done, and probably better than what most have done.

The only obviously correctable flaw in my eyes is the size and shape of the netting. Of course, at $80 it's probably the best $80 you could ever spend on a figure, even with the netting being off. I'm just greedy; even at this low price I would love to see the netting corrected. I'm still getting it regardless. I wonder why it's so hard for NECA to nail the netting - it seems as though the separate netting was the single biggest obstacle in getting this figure done. I suspect this may be the best netting they could get at this price point.

Ok...who rang the troll bell?

I swear I'm slapping someone today... not like, for the sake of harrassment or anything, but on pure principle. :slap

@tankman: If this board had a bow smiley (and I'm looking for it), I'd spam it in response to all of your posts. Thanks so much to both you and NECA! All hail. We're getting a piece more statue-esque and more-accurate than we ever could've hoped for, and it's beautiful! Sigh... it's so dreamy. Man, having a giant P2 and P2 Elder to go along with this guy would be perfect. What a release. This definitely puts you guys on the map like nobody's business. Great job, once again. If we're getting even 80-90% of that photo, it's a job well-done. MAJOR leap from the 7" line and that older factory.

"I Can't Believe it's Not Hot Toys!"

:bow
:bow:bow
:bow:bow:bow

Last edited:

Tankman, you and all the others involved at NECA have made a great figure :clap:clap:clap, that is obviously well received from all the comments here. I personally am very excited to see the Predators go 1/4 scale and have already preordered all 3 versions. And the price is unbelievably fair IMO, and if it had to go up some to keep the Predator line going I have no complaints. I do have one question, does anybody know how these will be packaged, Tankman?

a great predator figure indeed, can't wait to have all 3 in my collection, but i still hope they correct the netting, then it would be perfect imo.
best predator sculpt ever imo.

Pic looks great cant wait to see all 3 heads painted up.

I do have one question, does anybody know how these will be packaged, Tankman?

I guessing these will be packaged exactly like NECA's previous 18" figure releases. A rectangle-like colored box, with a window...the figure to be held in place with the little wire-tie thingies.

good idea. i think his Asperger's is about to hit critical mass.
Pic looks good....but i'm waiting for pics of the final product. In hand.
samesies. but it's hard not to get all worked up about this guy though. i think it will be another landmark for NECA like tankman's Balrog was. i wouldn't own any of their figures now if it wasn't for his sculpts.

this figure is looking amazing... cant wait to get my masked and opened mouth preds this spring!!

Back