NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

I'd like to get the masked version and one of the unmasked versions as well. I just don't know if I should go with the closed mouth or open mouth for the unmasked. I'm kind of leaning toward the open mandible one.

You sir are 100 times (or 1000 times, insert whatever makes sense to you) more talented then me and many of us here who do not do any kind of paint, sculpt, customizing of figures, etc. But what you just said is without a doubt ripping on the HT Predator, and at the same time, whether you realize or not, throwing a virtual dump on ppl who paid after market prices (169 is nothing compared to what a lot of us "late arrivers" paid) on the pred 1. :mad:

You're right that that was a jerk off thing for me to say really. I missed out on the HT P2 and just payed over 300 for it. I want the Elder but I'd have to pay about 5 to 600 for him. Never again will I miss out on these guys and justify it by telling myself well their thin or whatever. In hand they're so much fun and I'm happy I got 4 Predators and am looking forward to the new ones. I just got the Guardian and had to pay a lot for him also. I guess I'm taking a dump on myself too because as a Predator fan I know I must own these guys and sometime you have to pay to play.

Hot toys is still better, that thing looks like a giant toy, hot toys is a work of art.

Both have high and low lights. To me the screen accuracy matters most. I mostly collect statues . I never liked the HT Predator...but this is because I prefer movie accurate pieces. Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start a war between Neca and HT lovers...Hot Toys is a great company and finaly they are making great looking preds with the Predators line. To me the Neca one is more superior...the only question is will the paint be good enough? If not I will go with a repaint and it will look amazing.

Hot toys is still better, that thing looks like a giant toy, hot toys is a work of art.

For me its just the other way round.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes the articulations, too big backpack and gun, and thin legs and arms on the HT makes toyish (a fantastic toy I have to say!), while Kyle's looks like a a lifelike cast of Kevin Peter Hall in the Predator suit.

I guess it depends on everyones priorities. Mine is accuracy.

I dont get those "if the paint is bad i`ll repaint it" comments. I like to pay for something i dont need to mod, and even if i wanted to, i dont have the skills.

Yeah all those joints really take away from the toy-like quality...:slap

Not being a fanboy, I dont even collect Neca, but that doesnt make sense...

May have to start on Neca with this guy though :D

-edit- 3rd... I should really refresh the page before replying :lol

I'd like to live in a world where a company can produce a figure of the quality of Hot Toys with the movie accurate sculpting of NECA.

Yes the straps will be there. The Elder is missing his gun laser and the leather band stuff on his arms but still a must have for Predator fans. I'm looking at the test shot now and it's an easier pant job to make look nice on this guy. The skulls on the 8 inch closed mouth P1 look very nice and give the figure a lot of punch. We just need P2 now and his clan. Talk about Predator overkill but I love it anyway.

If your aware of that why not add those before release?

I'd like to live in a world where a company can produce a figure of the quality of Hot Toys with the movie accurate sculpting of NECA.

You do, they just havent started doing it yet, it'll happen...:pray:

:D

I dont get those "if the paint is bad i`ll repaint it" comments. I like to pay for something i dont need to mod, and even if i wanted to, i dont have the skills.

Lets just hope the paint will be great and the factory does a great job on these.

The only thing that could possibly have ruined the figure is having the netting painted on like the regular sized figure.

The news that this figure will have real netting makes me confident that this will be the best 87 predator collectible out there.

Argh! Did someone post a link to a video tour of this? I'm sure I saw it in a post but now I cant find it...

Really great news, looking forward to them. 5-6 months and counting! :clap Would have been better for the fans if we got the open and close mandible heads with the masked version. But I guess NECA is a business and not a charity... Hope it ends up that way in the end. Or all those preds are going to take up a lot of space!

Are you being sarcastic? I hope so...
The Neca sculpt has no obviously visible joints, whereas the Hot Toys version is covered with big obvious joints, so I think you've got the two mixed up. Hmm?

there are talented artists on here who do commissions for repainting figures. i've had several of mine repainted. most of them from Hot Toys. there's no such thing as a perfect factory paint app. i'll probably get this thing repainted too.

Back