NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Guys please lets back on the subject! I am tired of reading post wich has nothing to do with the Neca Predator.

Agreed, ignore lists are your friend.

Tankman -
I don't know if you can answer this, but will there be string or plastic between the skulls on the necklace? I understand why the 7" version had plastic, but I was hoping the large version feature a more flexible material.

Just a little off-topic again (although it would seem almost on-topic) I'm pretty sure he's German. I remember when he first started posting a long time ago, he wrote something in German and I even tried to help him make his posts more intelligible. What a waste of time! :rotfl

Anyway, really happy to see the latest pic of the NECA pred, I hope they can actually keep the quality that high as it goes into final production, and mostly I hope NECA will revisit the Alien and Aliens figures to make them higher-end and re-release them with better paint-apps and small revisions for the Giger alien sculpt.

My son and I really love the figure. I really like NECA and would love to see them do Universal Monsters. The only thing that bugs me is the heads dont swap out, and you have to choose or buy 3 versions. I want a masked one. My kid is going with open mouthed version.

his reaction after he cant log on to ssf!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PbcctWbC8Q0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PbcctWbC8Q0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

his reaction after he cant log on to ssf!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PbcctWbC8Q0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PbcctWbC8Q0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Since your handle is Yautja~ can you tell me where the Predators received that name for their race? Until I read a review of Predators and the reviewer mentioned this, I had no idea their race had an official name. Just curious where it was revealed and if I should be reading or watching it.:peace

Anyway, I wonder when BBTS will be getting their restock of the Alien. Looking foward to eventually having these 2 getting in eachothers faces! I'm just wondering if I'll pose my masked or my open-mandible P1 with the Alien. What a happy scenario.

Anyway, I wonder when BBTS will be getting their restock of the Alien. Looking foward to eventually having these 2 getting in eachothers faces! I'm just wondering if I'll pose my masked or my open-mandible P1 with the Alien. What a happy scenario.

Some ebay sellers have the neca 18 inch Alien as cheaply as $35 plus shipping right now.

That probably is him. :cuckoo:

no kidding! i thought the same.

@anton phibes, you know i have read some on predators but never where they got their name or where they came from. i have tried to read from sites such as the hunters lair and others but ive never stumbled upon their origins and i dont really read much, books, i mean but it has always intreagued me about how the predators came to be so if anybody knows, please inform........oh and i came up with my handle because of course i like predator alot and at the time i joined ssf i had gotten my very first avp fig ( elder pred ) and was more than blown away by it and the 31337 comes from geek or leet speak which means elite.

Re: Neca 1/4 Predatorp

Since your handle is Yautja~ can you tell me where the Predators received that name for their race? Until I read a review of Predators and the reviewer mentioned this, I had no idea their race had an official name. Just curious where it was revealed and if I should be reading or watching it.:peace

The name came from the first 3 AvP books. The books arent canon, and no self respecting Predator fan uses it in a discussion about Predators. So it doesnt exist.

yautja31337 said:
you know i have read some on predators but never where they got their name or where they came from. i have tried to read from sites such as the hunters lair and others but ive never stumbled upon their origins and i dont really read much, books, i mean but it has always intreagued me about how the predators came to be so if anybody knows, please inform........oh and i came up with my handle because of course i like predator alot and at the time i joined ssf i had gotten my very first avp fig ( elder pred ) and was more than blown away by it and the 31337 comes from geek or leet speak which means elite.
The name came from the first 3 AvP books. The books arent canon, and no self respecting Predator fan uses it in a discussion about Predators. So it doesnt exist.

I really enjoyed the first book, I think it was a great permutation of the two series at the time. However, I also like to keep them separate from the films as just "what if" stories.

So yeah, Yautja came from the S.D. Perry novels, and the Hish came from some newer AvP movie based novel I think. You can use Wikipedia if you really want to get the whole story, but it's not necessary at all. The Predator is better off being a mysterious and horrifying presence in the universe, just like the Alien.

you might wanna try looking for the alien at one of your local comic shops. i dunno how prevalent they are where you live. but one of the shops close to me had one left sitting in a clearance bin in the back. i snagged it last week and i haven't even checked the other shops around here. i'm betting at least one still has some left. these 18" scale figures do terribly in retail. the place i got my alien won't be ordering any 1:4 preds because they eat space and don't sell.

cornerstorecomics has 22 inch alien in stock now.

This is going to sound like I'm baiting you into a fight, but the question is actually genuine.

Who decides what is and isn't Predator cannon?

Closed mouth pre ordered on FB.

Open mouth and masked soon to follow maybe?:dunno

:rock :rock :rock i preorded the same one from csc, im still debating on getting the bio one......hopefully by the time i make up my mind i'll be able to get one at retail but the closed mouth looks pretty sweet!

:rock :rock :rock i preorded the same one from csc, im still debating on getting the bio one......hopefully by the time i make up my mind i'll be able to get one at retail but the closed mouth looks pretty sweet!

Yeah, for me the unmasked closed mouth is what best represents the Predator character to me personally. The roaring pose is a great and iconic pose but for something on display 24/7, the natural and mysterious look of the closed mouth wins every time.

If finances are good in May/ June I will get all 3 mind you. 1 on pre order is good for now. I can always look at retail when the time comes etc.

Back