NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on P, it's the HCG mask. Replica of one of the props used in the film.
:rotfl

mask's back is too narrow, and the damages (caverns) don't fit this (the most obvious is the one above the laser sight, beak damage is wrong, too):

Untitled-015.jpg

Predator2_zpse907f299.jpg

which, of course, is a movie used mask.
they might have made their "replica" by replicating the movie prop, but then they squeezed it and draw all details themselves.
so no, it's a very wrong mask to be used as a source.

:rotfl

mask's back is too narrow, and the damages (caverns) don't fit this (the most obvious is the one above the laser sight, beak damage is wrong, too):

Untitled-015.jpg

Predator2_zpse907f299.jpg

which, of course, is a movie used mask.
they might have made their "replica" by replicating the movie prop, but then they squeezed it and draw all details themselves.
so no, it's a very wrong mask to be used as a source.

FJroh.gif

Still a prop from the film. Probably one that was used when not up close, as, I agree the hero mask looks better. Either way though, the NECA mask needs work.

Still a prop from the film.
Funny-Okay-Meme-10.jpg

behind04.jpg

Neca please use it as reference when making Harrigan, because it's from the film.

108dbiw.jpg

and rework your stupid alien 3, this is how it should be done from the film.

:)

Last edited:
I took some pics of my jungle pred that I've modified that I wanted to share. I did an all over repaint, as well as new netting. I repalaced the knee and elbow ribbons with pleather, and replaced the strings with leather cord.

Here are some WIP shots.

ulYNNVk.jpg

I altered the angle of the LED so the light is uniform through the 3 holes.
N94kdkT.jpg

ZvmxaKv.jpg

BYdpNOw.jpg

I added quills made from Sugru.
ueH2jzt.jpg

4zkdtDd.jpg

a6V6lqE.jpg

I added new articualtion so the arm can rotate the computer towards and away from the body. I cut the arm off from the elbow to the computer and added some styrene.
CSfbzbD.jpg

Here are some shots of it completed.

hfnzfL4.jpg

VetvRth.jpg

bFdGsJz.jpg

MXlqJnS.jpg

XDPhhLX.jpg

I added some clear plastic and metal gauze to the eyes.
cAbmirW.jpg

I've got a closed mouth predator that I'll be giving the same treatment to at some point when I can get around to it.

I took some pics of my jungle pred that I've modified that I wanted to share. I did an all over repaint, as well as new netting. I repalaced the knee and elbow ribbons with pleather, and replaced the strings with leather cord.

Here are some WIP shots.

I altered the angle of the LED so the light is uniform through the 3 holes.

I added quills made from Sugru.

I added new articualtion so the arm can rotate the computer towards and away from the body. I cut the arm off from the elbow to the computer and added some styrene.

Here are some shots of it completed.

I added some clear plastic and metal gauze to the eyes.

I've got a closed mouth predator that I'll be giving the same treatment to at some point when I can get around to it.

Pretty freakin cool - Great job!

:duff

So just after midnight my Predator took a four foot dive to the tile floor. Luckily no damage other than the hose that runs from the chest plate broke off at the shoulder armor (easy fix with a dab of glue). It's only been displayed for just under two weeks and it was steady as rock when I last checked a couple days ago. It appears that the left ankle gave out and caused the foot to swivel outward causing it to go off balance. I didn't want to have to use a stand for him but it looks like I have no choice. I've seen some amazing dioramas here on the boards and am going to attempt my own.

Anyone else have any similar issues with any of your 1/4 Preds?

So just after midnight my Predator took a four foot dive to the tile floor. Luckily no damage other than the hose that runs from the chest plate broke off at the shoulder armor (easy fix with a dab of glue). It's only been displayed for just under two weeks and it was steady as rock when I last checked a couple days ago. It appears that the left ankle gave out and caused the foot to swivel outward causing it to go off balance. I didn't want to have to use a stand for him but it looks like I have no choice. I've seen some amazing dioramas here on the boards and am going to attempt my own.

Anyone else have any similar issues with any of your 1/4 Preds?

These figures need stands. My 9 Predators have stands and they have not taken a single tumble.

So, for those of you that have ordered NECA 1/4 scale Preds before, would I be wiser to purchase through BigBadToyStore, or NECA's eBay store? I'm US-based, but I'm wondering about variations in quality control and customer service. It's funny (not really), but when buying something from NECA, I always anticipate problems... :rolleyes2

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

If anybody is interested I decided the 1/4 predator owners needed the chance for a skinned human so made this proto for a client. I'm taking commisions on these as well so if you're interested please shoot a pm or check out Pabs customs on Facebook.
594190665c9ae2027645538d2d9155b7.jpg
df2d02899f68f929444c497d23bd60e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So, for those of you that have ordered NECA 1/4 scale Preds before, would I be wiser to purchase through BigBadToyStore, or NECA's eBay store? I'm US-based, but I'm wondering about variations in quality control and customer service. It's funny (not really), but when buying something from NECA, I always anticipate problems... :rolleyes2

Based on feedback via Google & MY recent experience - I'd go NECA. If there is anything wrong with the figure you'll get stonewalled by BBTS "customer service".

Back