NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

we're talking about netting. Not the Bio, not the cannon, not his armor...but his netting. If this were a $2,000+ CM then we can _____ about the netting, but it's a $80 action figure. We're getting an unbelievable sculpt in a large scale, at a great price and people are complaining about the netting.

allen-iverson.jpg

we're talking about netting. Not the Bio, not the cannon, not his armor...but his netting. If this were a $2,000+ CM then we can _____ about the netting, but it's a $80 action figure. We're getting an unbelievable sculpt in a large scale, at a great price and people are complaining about the netting.

allen-iverson.jpg
:clap :exactly: :goodpost: :clap

i wish neca had just gone with the sculpted, painted netting.

Why, then they could end up slopping the paint on it and half assing it, this might not be 100% spot on for shape and size of the gaps, but it'll look like real and complete.

allen-iverson.jpg

Very well said

I don't know if this is true, but i was just told by a retailer, that these 1/4 predators will come with the extra heads in each box.
he said a neca sales rep. told him this, if this is actually true, neca needs to make a major anoucement on this.

NECA_TOYS NECA
@
@MrViet not true at all & this has been made VERY clear from the start on all sales materials

Why, then they could end up slopping the paint on it and half assing it, this might not be 100% spot on for shape and size of the gaps, but it'll look like real and complete.

no, because most here are saying , the netting is the least important part on this figure, so what does it matter, if it's painted or real.
but me personally if it was well painted ,would perfer it sculpted and painted,.but if it has real netting , i want it to be accurate.
this is my opinion as you have yours.

Interestingly though, the people saying they're ok with real netting that's inaccurrate would also likely be some of the first to complain if they did sculpted and the paint came out like crap.

Interestingly though, the people saying they're ok with real netting that's inaccurrate would also likely be some of the first to complain if they did sculpted and the paint came out like crap.

How do you come to that conclusion?

I think you mean:

"People saying they're NOT ok with the current INACURRATE REAL netting, would also likely be the first to complain if they did SCULPTED ACCURATE netting and the paint came out like crap."

Interestingly though, the people saying they're ok with real netting that's inaccurrate would also likely be some of the first to complain if they did sculpted and the paint came out like crap.[/QU
that's true.
i just hope it turns out better then we even hope it does, i want to see neca ,go to a higher level, this year, that will benifit them and us.(collectors)
no matter, i'm getting all 3.

But he mentions he only wants it if it was well painted. I am sure he would have problems with it if it was painted like crap. Also, the netting, for some unknown reason is quite off setting to me. I am not sure why, I also can't stand the sculpted netting on his left arm.

How do you come to that conclusion?

I just get a feeling that people ok with nice looking netting that's clean, even though inaccurrate, would be bothered by accurrate netting that was sloppily done, but those really after the accurrate would someone be ok with some sloppy painting, maybe content to touch it up themselves and be happy to have the sculpt there to work with.

I myself would go this route. The netting we're seeing looks good, maybe not accurrate, but good, and being real netting, will come out this way. I don't have to have additional work done on the figure to make that part of it look good. Knowing NECA's history with paiting netting, I can forsee sloppy paintwork, even at this large scale, and on a large scale, the slop will likely stand out even more than on the 7" figures.

But he mentions he only wants it if it was well painted. I am sure he would have problems with it if it was painted like crap. Also, the netting, for some unknown reason is quite off setting to me. I am not sure why, I also can't stand the sculpted netting on his left arm.

I think part of the problem with the netting is that it's on basic, montone prototype components. I think it won't pop out so much when the figure's fully assembled and fully painted.

i wish neca had just gone with the sculpted, painted netting.

Hells, no! I mean, the netting at this point isn't anything to go ga-ga over and I'll still get it if the paint apps turn out well enough, but sculpted netting would kill any chance this guy has of looking good. They may be able to dish out great paint on their other 18" figures, but a Predator is way more intricate. Too big a risk to take.
I'm pretty much with Maul on this one. I'd love it if they changed it, for sure. If they don't however, at least this means the paint will be more likely to kick ass.

As for the sculpted area on the left arm, it looks pretty distracting in this new picture. Gets to me, same as it does to Elder. Still shouldn't be a problem once it's painted. It only looks bad now that it's a different color.

Last edited:

PLEASE no sculpted netting!!!
I would cancel my 3 pre-orders if NECA somehow decided to go with sculpted netting.
I'll take inaccurate real netting over ANY type of sculpted netting.
No matter how accurate.

even though the netting isnt accurate, it still looks great!!!

Back