NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove pretty far to get this guy. He's worth it.
493f6031.jpg

88f863a9.jpg

This is where he stands... :lol

311be731.jpg

Still like Hot Toys' better. Better paint apps, and goodies.

But this guy is still awesome.

Come on now you know you are just saying that to be loyal to HT. Give it a few days and you'll notice when you walk in your room that the NECA figure will take your eyes away from the HT P1. Nice pics by the way.

I still love it. Dont get me wrong. But still. I do love the HT more.

But this is number 2 best Predator item for me. :D

It would cost more to make and trying to get the paint on the head to look worth anything and keep it at 70 bucks is a lot to ask. China is raising the cost again on top of that. P2 also isn't as popular as P1 and you can see this I think with SS stuff. They still haven't done a 1/4th P2 or a 1 to 1 bust. Don't get me wrong I'm like most fans on here and I so want the 19 inch P2 really bad. I think the sculpt might be even better on the P2 and it would be a huge waste to see it only come out at 8inches.

Might not work with stencils and printing the color?
Much like the tattoos on machete?

I think the head would be most difficult because of the pattern.
That would save money for the painting and accuracy.

I think P2 would sell very well.
However, there should be only one version in 19''

What can we fans to so Randy changes his mind?

No way, open mouth is far better - much more threatening. I have my review up tonight as well:

https://www.mwctoys.com

I agree the roar is more threatening, but I thougt the sculpting within the mouth let it down (for the scale), and there is no way on earth that you can get the body into a pose to support a roaring expression. It just looks like he's having a Predator yawn... IMHO.
And the Mask ALWAYS looks best, no matter how good the sculpt of the head, its just cool, like Fez's!

I checked the TRU by Quail Springs, and they only had some masked and unmasked closed mandible Wolf figures...

Have you heard if any have been spotted in the entire state? I checked Norman and south OKC. I want to check out the production for myself and pick one up. I only have two test shots and I'm enjoying all the pics on here. Cool stuff. Hastings in Norman did have a lot of stuff just 6 months ago and now they don't have one 18incher of any of our stuff. I got my HT P1 there but now days nothing. It's kind of depressing feeling to see how they have down sized.

It would cost more to make and trying to get the paint on the head to look worth anything and keep it at 70 bucks is a lot to ask. China is raising the cost again on top of that. P2 also isn't as popular as P1 and you can see this I think with SS stuff. They still haven't done a 1/4th P2 or a 1 to 1 bust. Don't get me wrong I'm like most fans on here and I so want the 19 inch P2 really bad. I think the sculpt might be even better on the P2 and it would be a huge waste to see it only come out at 8inches.

Dreams... crushed...

This release is pretty successful for a 1/4 figure though, isn't it? And even though websites are raising their prices to $90 and $100+ for the masked version, people are still paying and causing them to sell out.

Hell, if done well, most of us here would gladly fork over more than CSC's $115 (their price on Masked before it sold out) for a giant P2. Keep at it, Kyle! It's almost as necessary as the 7" Dog Alien and Queen (plus getting the head paint apps to look even barely decent on the 7" P2 is probably impossible).

In any case, what about a 1/4 Elder? His paint apps are even simpler than the P1's, at least on the head. All it would take is a repaint, some easily-added belts, rags, and straps, a resculpted left gauntlet, and a pistol. Top it off with your dynamite Elder head and there's a totally new figure! Plus the Elder only really has one look which is closed-mouth, so you guys can put out only 5,000 of those in total if it helps budget-wise.

Have you heard if any have been spotted in the entire state? I checked Norman and south OKC. I want to check out the production for myself and pick one up. I only have two test shots and I'm enjoying all the pics on here. Cool stuff. Hastings in Norman did have a lot of stuff just 6 months ago and now they don't have one 18incher of any of our stuff. I got my HT P1 there but now days nothing. It's kind of depressing feeling to see how they have down sized.
I haven't heard anything. TRU is really the only place I go looking for NECA stuff at.
I went to that specific one twice, and both times the isles were crammed with a bunch of crap. No empty spaces for the Preds, no name-tag thingys either...

tankman, when we see some new pictures of p2 and the other lost predators?

I don't think so. P2, Elder and then the wolf if it were up to me.

Well, you should feel pretty good about how they turned out even if they don't do more. There were some issues with some of the materials (netting and seam), but otherwise I have to say this is probably one of my favorite things in my collection. Getting it out of the box finally and having a few days to see it out in my room really warmed up to me. It's the best quality thing I've seen out of NECA and in several areas I think better than the original Hot Toys versions, praise I do not give lightly.

:clap:clap:clap

Might not work with stencils and printing the color?
Much like the tattoos on machete?

I think the head would be most difficult because of the pattern.
That would save money for the painting and accuracy.

I think P2 would sell very well.
However, there should be only one version in 19''

What can we fans to so Randy changes his mind?

I'm sure Randy would like to see it become a big figure but the boss is the one to decide. Hopefully these will sell out so fast the boss will want to do more.

How far did you have to drive to get the 19inch and have any Oklahoma fans found any anywhere in the state?

I live in castle rock colorado, i went to the toys r us at Park meadows, which is a 15-20 minute drive. They just sold out, so i had to go to the one in littleton, which is about a 20-30 minute drive. So 1 hour both ways.

Back