NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another person who pre-ordered on BBTS and received an email about them processing the order (finally) :) . They still only charged it, but I'll probably receive the shipping email soon. Since it comes by express mail I hope to get it quick (and even more that customs don't decide to verify my order and charge a tax, but it's big and heavy, so... there ya go :().

They increased the shipping cost from $55 to $66. It's "funny" how at BBTS they always estimate the shipping lower than they make it to be at release time :rolleyes2 . I have to say I was already expecting that though.

Well, this afternoon I got notice they were in. Shortly after, I got a shipping notice, and the tracking shows delivery scheduled for Friday.

Hey Gates i ordered all 3 from Legend Action figure as well, i did it by phone because i am going to pick it up from their shop. I didn't get a call from them letting me know they have the predators. Have they already shipped your order??

No not yet. Toysonfire did. Sorry for the confusion. I ordered from both places like I said. I have yet to hear from Legends but they are in Montreal as well, so should be anyday now.

I got an email from BBTS today too. I paid for my 2 sets of 3 this afternoon but haven't received a tracking # email yet. Shipping for 2 sets was $49.69 roughly making each Predator $74.95.
This evening I stopped by my local comic shop and they also had the Predator figure. Unfortunately, they were asking $89.99 for closed mouth and a whopping $129.99 for masked.

No not yet. Toysonfire did. Sorry for the confusion. I ordered from both places like I said. I have yet to hear from Legends but they are in Montreal as well, so should be anyday now.

Thanks for the answer! i was gonna call them tomorrow about my preds! i also originally ordered a open mouth version (when they were $89.99) from Toys on fire which they called me about last week, i didn't bother returning the call back since i got all 3 from legend for $214. BTW i freaking LOVE your Conan The barbarian display with the 2 marto swords! i actually copied it with the Atlantean & Father sword and the poster hanging in between them! Thanks for the inspiration !

Thanks for the answer! i was gonna call them tomorrow about my preds! i also originally ordered a open mouth version (when they were $89.99) from Toys on fire which they called me about last week, i didn't bother returning the call back since i got all 3 from legend for $214. BTW i freaking LOVE your Conan The barbarian display with the 2 marto swords! i actually copied it with the Atlantean & Father sword and the poster hanging in between them! Thanks for the inspiration !

Hey that's cool, and thanks ! You'll have to show me a pic of it now :yess:

He is Not that big lol, from all the comments about having no space I imagined some huge monster, lol, he doesn't seem that big to me, like some of you were saying not a true 1/4 scale or something I remember reading some comments about it

I said I saw no problems with him before, and I spoke too soon, :monkey1 I seriously need that icon...

The netting on the belly area broke a little bit, It happen exactly like Greygoose said, two diamond shapes broke making a bigger diamond, seems like this netting is going to be SUPER DELICATE, :monkey2

I didnt even touch him that much, I guess it broke when I grabbed him from that area,

I wanted to display these preds outside the box but with that super delicate netting seems like Im going to have to put him in the box,

I seriously did not think the netting would be so delicate, looks like it could break just by looking at it,

My..my.... My netting ripped... But, but I though I had the unbreakable one.. ...how... How did this...happen..... Why...why... Why did this happen? I...I can't go on like this... This is too much... I love him, and now he's..ruined... He's gone, forever...........

ffoorreevveerr................

Nah, he looks fine. Besides, the netting was ripped in various spots on the screen-used costume.. Tis all good.

I know people will sell the bodies, but i wonder who will be crazy enough to just sell heads,
She has been selling both:

amd_paris_mugshot.jpg

My..my.... My netting ripped... But, but I though I had the unbreakable one.. ...how... How did this...happen..... Why...why... Why did this happen? I...I can't go on like this... This is too much... I love him, and now he's..ruined... He's gone, forever...........

Nah, he looks fine. Besides, the netting was ripped in various spots on the screen-used costume.. Tis all good.

Atleast he's film accurate now. That's what I keep telling myself.:lol

Atleast he's film accurate now. That's what I keep telling myself.:lol
The rip is actually very close to a spot that is supposed to be ripped. :yess:

I've gotta say.. If they don't change the netting for P2, I'm going to have to get someone to make some custom netting for him. The figures great, it's cheap, etc.. But the netting is something that they've got to perfect, the quality of it atleast. It's okay if it's not 100% accurate, it's just got to last...more than 10 days atleast...

^ I am saying that like they are for sure releasing a 19 inch P2 :lol :monkey2

NO! :gah: the problem is that if it keeps ripping soon everyone would have a naked pred. I would be fine with having my pred get a few rips on the net here and there, but, it seems that net could be gone in a few months, unless you never touch the toy ever :monkey2

a few rips here and there, yeah, I dont mind, but, Im afraid all the netting will rip just from handling it, or even worst, just from time, what if in a couple of years the net starts disintegrating, that has actually happen to me with other toys, like rubber bands or stuff of this sort of material that breaks down later on...

She has been selling both:

amd_paris_mugshot.jpg

lol :rotfl

Still getting all 3 at the end of june ,but i was complaining before about neca cheap techniques /breaking and damaged so on /
now netting falling apart . Neca dont stand by their products ,
if they did, then they should release a stronger and better netting and it should be free to the people who bought them ,
I'am from malta and paid 280euros for mine its not cheap .
Neca need to stand up and face their customers and stop ripping them off. if mine are damaged or the netting is coming of ,then back to the shop with them .

Hilton hawt..

Anyway.. Yeah, it's going to keep ripping over time.. NECA ____ed up with this. The netting, that is.

When it starts getting real bad, I'll be super-glueing pieces back together.. It's harder than I thought it would be, but maybe when larger areas are spread apart it will be easier.

But yeah, very disappointing..almost ruins the whole damn figure.

I wonder who can make some real netting for him...

BTW, I haven't touched my figure in about a day and a half (minus re-posing the arms a bit today), I just walked over and noticed the rip on his left stomach/chest area..

Still getting all 3 at the end of june ,but i was complaining before about neca cheap techniques /breaking and damaged so on /
now netting falling apart . Neca dont stand by their products ,
if they did, then they should release a stronger and better netting and it should be free to the people who bought them ,
I'am from malta and paid 280euros for mine its not cheap .
Neca need to stand up and face their customers and stop ripping them off. if mine are damaged or the netting is coming of ,then back to the shop with them .
Okay, that's a bit harsh IMO..
This was their first time using non-sculpted netting, and they were trying to add everything they could for $80...

It's still the best Predator figure ever, people should buy'm all up.
Just be VERY careful with the netting (especially around the chest/stomach).
I'm actually thinking it won't be as bad as I said in my last post.. Still very fragile though.

Went into the local Toys R Us before going to see a free screening of Attack the Block (awesome little scifi film from the UK--GO SEE IT!) and saw the masked, closed mouth and open mouth Preds. They are ____ing jaw dropping. I'll be going back probably tomorrow or the next day to get one or two or three since TRU.com canceled my order. Everybody who has picked these up over the last several weeks I just want to say I know totally see why you guys love them. They are BADASS!

Hilton hawt..

Anyway.. Yeah, it's going to keep ripping over time.. NECA ____ed up with this. The netting, that is.

When it starts getting real bad, I'll be super-glueing pieces back together.. It's harder than I thought it would be, but maybe when larger areas are spread apart it will be easier.

But yeah, very disappointing..almost ruins the whole damn figure.

I wonder who can make some real netting for him...

BTW, I haven't touched my figure in about a day and a half (minus re-posing the arms a bit today), I just walked over and noticed the rip on his left stomach/chest area..

Okay, that's a bit harsh IMO..
This was their first time using non-sculpted netting, and they were trying to add everything they could for $80...

It's still the best Predator figure ever, people should buy'm all up.
Just be VERY careful with the netting (especially around the chest/stomach).
I'm actually thinking it won't be as bad as I said in my last post.. Still very fragile though.

trust me, it is that bad, I barely touched him today,
the net feels like is a material that breaks very easily, and is very, very thin, is like a really thin plastic

I am not mad at Neca, not that much anyways, I just wish replacing the net was easy, but seems like it would be really hard, i wouldn't mind buying better netting, and replacing it, but, i guess I would have to take the figure apart like someone here already did a couple of pages ago, I guess if the netting gets completely destroyed I wont have any other alternative but to try to put the netting somehow,

I am still very happy with the figure, and I am waiting for Open mouth and masked pred from TRU, Is just going to be hard since you cant really touch them

Went into the local Toys R Us before going to see a free screening of Attack the Block (awesome little scifi film from the UK--GO SEE IT!) and saw the masked, closed mouth and open mouth Preds. They are ____ing jaw dropping. I'll be going back probably tomorrow or the next day to get one or two or three since TRU.com canceled my order. Everybody who has picked these up over the last several weeks I just want to say I know totally see why you guys love them. They are BADASS!

Whoah, when and why did TRU.COM cancel your order!?

Back