NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough talk, here are photos:
2r6ip95.jpg

when will you have a youtube review up my friend ?

Well I was working on it now, but Windows Movie Maker crashed again....
20gb2u0.jpg

This is what it does every time I add the music at the end. ____, it even did it without the music at the end. Will try again later today.

Re: 1/4 Scale NECA Review and Thoughts

the dude's a walking disaster area ... sounds like anything he touches breaks ... I wonder how f'd up his hot toys predator is from all his pawing...

well l took my mask off. and did the mask mod. its not as easy as people make it out to be. at least mine wasn't. the lower part wouldn't come off by itself so l took both peices off. long story short just cutting the teeth like rib part off didn't realy make a difference one bit. that's because the helmet top and bottem have groofs the fit into so the mask rests in the same place no matter what you cut off. so l used a dremel for a half hour grinding the inside of the mask. l thought for a few minutes l ruined it. but all in all now the gap is almost gone. it looks good. all l have to do is glue it back together. not sure what glue to use. l guess just crazy glue.

my advise if someone dosen't really know much about customizing, l wouldn't suggest doing the mod them selves.

Last edited:
Yeah after reading all the stuff you have to go thru...Im cool with mine wearing sunglasses. I dont really care.

AmokTime just called me and said they are getting ready to ship their preorders. I declined mine, had already sent an email 2 weeks ago, and ordered from CSC. I decided to hold off on the closed mouth one and just buy the open mouth and masked versions. Maybe I will get the other some day but probably not.

Yeah after reading all the stuff you have to go thru...Im cool with mine wearing sunglasses. I dont really care.

I've decided the same. Really, all that bugs me is the netting. Krazy Glue is really intended for fixing two parts that fit together perfectly, not for breaks like this.

Does anyone know a good kind of glue that will bond the netting without being too noticeable or expand? Preferably transparent, too. I've tossed the idea of doing a BD netting custom, as the two bodies I have on back-up have already been claimed (yahtzee, my guy was still in!) and they both have some small tears of their own. I don't really understand how some of you who've bought three don't have issues on at least on of them (although one of Elder's Preds seems to be having a stretch in the pectoral region), but I think the best thing to do is to try to find a way to fix it.

So, what are you guys using to hold this to the wall or whatever?

My Pred is fine, but my Alien seriously needs something...

Re: 1/4 Scale NECA Review and Thoughts

the dude's a walking disaster area ... sounds like anything he touches breaks ... I wonder how f'd up his hot toys predator is from all his pawing...

Why else would he go on a tangent bashing a clear improvement on NECA's part? :lol

I'm experiencing the cannon mount paint cracks as well (hell, it was an issue on the 7" version and we're all dealing with it), but if you see something like that -- and this is a huuuuge professional tip here, folks -- DON'T TOUCH IT.
As for the paint peeling on the shoulder armor, I'm not experiencing anything of the sort. It's softer plastic than on the cannon mount which means it's more flexible. All of my armor's in perfect shape, which once again brings us back to an obvious question: why would you pinch the shoulder armor together? You actually have to lift it a bit off of the shoulder to do that which is pointless to begin with.

Hey, if I spent $200 on three giant Predator figures I hated to begin with and started breaking them on purpose, I'd be pretty pissed too. :rotfl

Last edited:
Back