NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god it doesn't have sculpted on blast marks.

Part of me would rather they had left off the blast marks. They stand out a bit too much, and look like they were drawn on with a black colored pencil. Perhaps a lighter shade would have helped. Oh well, not worth starting a new argument over. Getting excited to get these. I have a feeling I'm going to like the unmasked versions best. Everywhere predator is, you see the masks. But, it was always the reveal that got me excited.

I open a parenthesis:
Sideshow's netting is perfect!!! I do not understand why they have done the hair in the belly and shoulder. The gun seems too big. Even the skulls are wrong :monkey2

zkoc9t.jpg

let me introduce ……
the one we wait

eN6Ww.jpg

only one pic so far.
I'll post pic review when I get it.:yess:

OH GOD!!!:gah:

I really wished the person that took this pic took a pic of each pred, seeing the close mouth in the box like this might make me buy one, im not sure yet, i still think one unmasked is really enough

I don't know about you, but I noticed that gorgeous paintup before I noticed anything else. It does look a bit worse head-on, but it's still not too bad. According to tankman it is fixable, and so far, the first in-hand pic we've seen shows the visor fixed.

I've got a few questions about the red circled part. Why is there a black area joining the eyes? Isn't the forehead and the top part of the nose of the mask supposed to join up and separate both eyes?

Is this the final product?

Where have you been for the, uh, last 500 pages? Under a rock? People have been freaking out over the fact that there is a gap there. I'm not even saying you have to live in here to know this, just visiting from time to time will inform you because I think every page since February 20th has been about one of two things, the netting being the wrong size or the gap in the bio.

Now, the thing you linked to is a prototype, if you look back on the last page you will see an inbox version and you will notice that the gap is much smaller and not even that big of a deal. Also, it was stated that if for some reason the gap ins't fixed in the factory that the owner can fix it themselves with relative ease.

Where have you been for the, uh, last 500 pages? Under a rock? People have been freaking out over the fact that there is a gap there. I'm not even saying you have to live in here to know this, just visiting from time to time will inform you because I think every page since February 20th has been about one of two things, the netting being the wrong size or the gap in the bio.

Now, the thing you linked to is a prototype, if you look back on the last page you will see an inbox version and you will notice that the gap is much smaller and not even that big of a deal. Also, it was stated that if for some reason the gap ins't fixed in the factory that the owner can fix it themselves with relative ease.

First off, there's only 383 pages in this thread.

Second, not everyone can be as fanatical as you can be. Some people are relatively new to the scene and I have been primarily focusing on the HT line. I don't owe it to you or anybody else to scour all 383 of the pages here just to find the piece of information I need. I saw this at first glance at the most recent page and I asked away. You wanna persecute me for that?

Edit : THanks Lord Freezer. At least someone can give a simple answer to my question. It's really that simple compared to bashing someone for not visiting this thread 24/7. As a follow up question though, is the thin black line supposed to be there to begin with or is it supposed to separate the eyes entirely with no thin black gap at all?

2nd edit : I think the "****" was unnecessary even though I deliberately typed it as 4 asterisks to block out outward profanity although after thinking about it, it does imply it. I typed it out of anger since I find people like this to be quite unbelievable and infuriating, seeing how they would treat newcomers and the like. Previous experiences in this forum have made me feel welcome and I have made alot of friends here who have been extremely helpful and if I was a completely new person in the scene, I wouldn't appreciate someone actually saying these things when I don't think it's a crime to actually arrive late at the scene and harmlessly ask a few questions.

Last edited:
Edit : THanks Lord Freezer. At least someone can give a simple answer to my question. It's really that simple compared to bashing someone for not visiting this thread 24/7. As a follow up question though, is the thin black line supposed to be there to begin with or is it supposed to be separated entirely?

The thin black line is supposed to be there.

sw006.jpg

Thanks Sabres21768 for actually making the effort to post a picture. I have a clearer idea now.

What exactly is that thin black line though? Is it actually a thinner piece of silver metal which is part of the mask itself (connecting forehead and top of nose) instead of being part of the black visor?

I hope some of us don't get one that looks like this. The boxed pic we have seen looks fixed though. Please all be like that.:pray:

If some are not fixed, how easy will it be to fix? I have no skills at all!

Thanks Sabres21768 for actually making the effort to post a picture. I have a clearer idea now.

What exactly is that thin black line though? Is it actually a thinner piece of silver metal which is part of the mask itself (connecting forehead and top of nose) instead of being part of the black visor?

No prob dude, glad to help.

It's actually part of the visor.

Even the P2 mask's visor connected across the bridge of the nose.

P2___.jpg

I was always under the impression is was part of the visor. I may be wrong though.:dunno

The Hot Toys ones + Baloo and Taylerdurdem's masks didn't seem to have these black lines though. Personaly I preferred the mask that way without the black line conjoining both eyes. So this NECA one is actually more accurate than the Hot Toys version?

The Hot Toys ones + Baloo and Taylerdurdem's masks didn't seem to have these black lines though.

Dunno about Taylerdurdem's helmet, but I don't think Hot Toys is the best reference for accuracy out there.

So this NECA one is actually more accurate than the Hot Toys version?

I don't want to overstate it, but yes, yes it is. :lol :rock

Back