NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

anyone have a site where i can pre order the masked version everywhere i go its sold out

I still have yet to order one of these , think i will order the closed mouth from bbts later today:)

..say is there anywhere i can still order the 3 pack?

that's the first pic i've seen that said "Strictly limited to 5000". i'm thinking NECA didn't add that and the store is trying to boost sales.
Yeah, noticed that too. However, I thought NECA has reproduced items that have been sold out in the past.
Well, we'll see about this one. Only time will tell.

i think it's "strictly limited to 5000" for this run. they're gonna make more later like they did with every other other 18" scale figure they've made. it'll get to the point where these are gonna be shelf-warmers eventually too.

that's the first pic i've seen that said "Strictly limited to 5000". i'm thinking NECA didn't add that and the store is trying to boost sales.

The first pic I ever saw of this also said stricktly limited to 5000. I think they would be smart in sticking with that, and then maybe Neca would become a more respected collectible company.

they'll probably be better off staying a successful collectible company. if customers keep buying this figure, i don't see why they shouldn't make enough to meet demand and turn a hefty profit. 1/4 scale preds are expensive to produce and they're basically giving this away for $80 a pop. that's some slim margins if they're only gonna bother to make 1500 total.

If the demand is there, I definately see NECA doing at least a limited re-release.

And, if this does well, then I really think we're going to see more 1:4 Pred goodness from them.

they'll probably be better off staying a successful collectible company. if customers keep buying this figure, i don't see why they shouldn't make enough to meet demand and turn a hefty profit. 1/4 scale preds are expensive to produce and they're basically giving this away for $80 a pop. that's some slim margins if they're only gonna bother to make 1500 total.

I guess it depends on what you consider a successful company. Yes, they could keep pumping these things out to meet the demand. But, if they ever intend on having integrity and respect, they would be better off creating more demand for their products. Hot Toys is a perfect example. Lots of people want them to re-release their AVP Predator line, but they have us all by the balls so why would they. It's part of what makes Hot Toys so successful.

It seems like NECA considers themselves pretty successful.

And they're not really looking to try and compete with Hot Toys, otherwise they'd be releasing 1:6 scale Preds.

There's no real point in comparing them.

I guess it depends on what you consider a successful company. Yes, they could keep pumping these things out to meet the demand. But, if they ever intend on having integrity and respect, they would be better off creating more demand for their products. Hot Toys is a perfect example. Lots of people want them to re-release their AVP Predator line, but they have us all by the balls so why would they. It's part of what makes Hot Toys so successful.
NECA and HT work in two completely different markets. your definitions of integrity and respect don't really apply to a company built on producing mass market collectibles for brick-and-mortar stores. apples and oranges, man.

edit - uh yeah, what Sabres said.

It seems like NECA considers themselves pretty successful.

And they're not really looking to try and compete with Hot Toys, otherwise they'd be releasing 1:6 scale Preds.

There's no real point in comparing them.

I'm comparing their business models as a company. Yes, Neca is pretty successful, but their stuff ain't worth $#!+ later compared to Hot Toys. It's all about the demand. This would be a great opportunity for Neca to gain a lot of respect from hardcore collectors. And in the future they would be guaranteed to sell out of every future 1/4 Predator even if they increased the price 100%. They would then have a much bigger profit margin considering they are making something off it now, and they would be even more successful. I think they should be looking at this release as a turning point for them.

NECA and HT work in two completely different markets. your definitions of integrity and respect don't really apply to a company built on producing mass market collectibles for brick-and-mortar stores. apples and oranges, man,

I see what you mean. I just think that a collectible shouldn't be mass market produced for brick-and-mortar stores. It's just a toy then. Maybe they could have multiple strategies depending on the release.

As far as my definition of integrity and respect, if they say "strictly limited to 5000 pieces of each" and don't follow through, then what was the point of saying that. I guess to have no respect and integrity.

Last edited:

I'm comparing their business models as a company. Yes, Neca is pretty successful, but their stuff ain't worth $#!+ later compared to Hot Toys. It's all about the demand. This would be a great opportunity for Neca to gain a lot of respect from hardcore collectors. And in the future they would be guaranteed to sell out of every future 1/4 Predator even if they increased the price 100%. They would then have a much bigger profit margin considering they are making something off it now, and they would be even more successful. I think they should be looking at this release as a turning point for them.

Apples and oranges. You really can't compare the two companies. While there's cross pollenation with fans of the licenses, they're aimed at two completely different markets. And for it's market, NECA should continue pumping out pieces and remain the powerhouse it is for it's market.

I see what you mean. I just think that a collectible shouldn't be mass market produced for brick-and-mortar stores. It's just a toy then. Maybe they could have multiple strategies depending on the release.
no i understand that. it just seems like it's unfair to impose the same rules HT goes by on NECA though. HT is built from the ground up to produce high quality and limited quantities for a select niche market. NECA is, well, not. you can call them "toys" or whatever you like but they put a lot of work and art into making those toys. and the best way to get the investment back on all that work and infrastructure is to make, and sell, more. and they're damn good at it.

To me, the difference between toys like NECA, McFarlane, DC/Marvel stuff, etc. is kids can actually play with those. Collectibles like HT, EB, etc. those figures aren't really kid friendly.

Obviously anything can be a collectible, but that's how I distinguish the two (in a discussion like this).

Try giving a small kid a figure from HT and watch how that thing ends up in pieces and completely broken within a couple minutes. :lol

no i understand that. it just seems like it's unfair to impose the same rules HT goes by on NECA though. HT is built from the ground up to produce high quality and limited quantities for a select niche market. NECA is, well, not. you can call them "toys" or whatever you like but they put a lot of work and art into making those toys. and the best way to get the investment back on all that work and infrastructure is to make, and sell, more. and they're damn good at it.

I think Neca made the rules when they said "strictly limited to 5000 pieces each". That's why I'm saying they need to keep their integrity and respect. Their are multiple ways that they could get their investment back. One would be to keep pumping them out, and another would be to get to the point that they sell them at a much higher cost. For me I would rather be called a Cadillac than General Motors.

Back