NECA 1/4 Scale Closed Mouth Predator (P1) - Biomask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OM1D

Super Freak
Reaction score
With a mask, this sucker would be perfection. I know there's a masked one as well, but *********, I can't live with knowing underneath is a hole, with no face to be found.

Now, I know the mandibles protrude too far for it to work perfectly, but maybe the inside of the mask's lower part can be made ridiculously thin. Or the mandibles heated and closed further.

Anyway, has anyone ever tried to make one? Or better yet, seen one?

You do know that in the real movie when he was wearing the bio that he was not wearing the predator head right?

predator.jpg

Yeah. The predator's bio mask is movie magic. This is why predator toys that have a removable mask without removable mandibles always either have squished ugly mandibles or a weird overly large bio mask

Take the head off one of them and sell the extra body to recoup some of the cost? There's probably a customizer or somebody that needs the body for parts that would buy it from ya. Just a thought.

Yeah. The predator's bio mask is movie magic. This is why predator toys that have a removable mask without removable mandibles always either have squished ugly mandibles or a weird overly large bio mask

Which is why NECA has been saying for years it's not possible...

Take the head off one of them and sell the extra body to recoup some of the cost? There's probably a customizer or somebody that needs the body for parts that would buy it from ya. Just a thought.

Touché. But I just got my hands on my very first Neca predator (factory sealed 1/4 closed mouth jungle hunter) for $128 including shipping, and realize bargains for these are few and far between. And with the masked version going for even more (at least when new/sealed), I'm exploring modlands.

Which is why NECA has been saying for years it's not possible...

From the general 1/4 thread:
Where the mandibles touch the inside face of the mask its already about 0.5mm thick, wouldn't want to go any thinner. Not sure if bending them in would allow the mask to fit closely to the face, it may well be the wrong shape anyway. If you look at the Hot Toys predator figures with removable mask I think the mandibles are removed to put the mask on.

I thought I'd posted pics if the mask on the closed mouth head, but I might have forgotten. Here are a few I took after I painted it.

3b76e9eb43c79437068db5e85d5d6701.jpg
3da39c11993a511b1c92fc10a6cbdc8d.jpg

I just need to figure out a way to attach it more solidly without damaging the best, it'll stay in place so long as nothing touches the shelf but it slides off easily.

Been sidetracked away from the predators by a full size Stormtrooper helmet build. For now the predators stand either side of my TV, happy to leave them as they are until NECA bring out the AvP versions.

Dan

As shown by Dan/ageofstrife, it's not impossible. However it needs modifications that will probably alter it, at least from profile, from the screen version.

Still hoping something can be made.

Back