Neca 1/4 scale Batman Begins Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather see an all new Batman Returns figure instead of a 1989 rerelease. A rerelease seems like it would be a money grab considering it goes for $200-$300 on the secondary market now.

If they do release another 1/4 1989 Batman they should,

- thicken the neck
- make the legs less long and spindly
- double hinge his elbows and knees
- improve the cape/make it longer

And include this thing,

View attachment 273257
View attachment 273258
View attachment 273259
View attachment 273260

Well I asked them about an Battle Damged 89 and they said IF they do an re-release it will be an straight up re-release... Nothing different. I also asked if it would interfere with the Returns Batman in 2017 and they said not necessarily. So much for 89 keaton having double elbows/knees... But I'm sure Returns Batman will.

I ahven't heard anything about articulation being stuck. if it was on all of them i would of heard complaints like no other i'm sure.

It really boggles me why they didn't have the begins armor of teh chest and back rubber/soft plastic pieces like they did with the Batman 89. If they went with that direct it prob wouldn't have had any paint rubbing issues or that awful seam at the waist.... SMH

44ef91530301c87c6972c2092d0a1841.jpg
a121fda88a412f7a5fb166dd61178dfb.jpg
1efa8df36330a08343bb6e1d6f604506.jpg
c2e5247303565d31c38bf2028345b6f9.jpg
e180f5c24118f1bcf4f4e6707d7ce0a2.jpg

Some comparison shots
Just arrived today, got it for a good price on eBay
I'm pretty happy with it, the joints are well hidden, they are pretty stiff at the moment but I'm sure they'll loosen up.
It's not as good as the enterbay but for the money it's well worth it
Glad I picked one up.
The accesorries are great too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just arrived, haven't opened it yet as it's a present for my wife but will get pics later with NECA TDK Joker.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The EB is pretty much a statue, his shoulder and hip are severely restricted by the suit, as usual with any rubber outer layer.

Sure EB Batman looks great in a neutral position but with Neca you can pose him with his fists or grappling gun up in the air.

I'm done with high end "realistic" rubber outer costumes or skin, i'll gladly take exposed joints any day of the week.

Hot Toys Hulk looks silly with his arms bent because of the fold in the rubber.

That being said if I hit lotto i'm buying me that HT Hulkbuster fo sure! :lol

My wife opened it up as soon as I got home. He really is big, a little taller than the Joker.

bbde84b43fd05ba00e1e4fd47d915b08.jpg

I must have missed the complete accessory list on the way, didn't realise he had a joker playing card and sonic device that fits in one boot heel as well as the ones I already knew about: mines, batarangs, 3 extra hands, black clip (still trying to figure out what this for) and grapple gun.

c3b5a8b74e81c5c9acc8380b6b6c2d75.jpg

The shoulder and hip joints are very stiff (especially the hips, haven't been able to move them at all forward or backward), haven't tried heating them yet as he'll probably be in fairly static post anyway. I did have to heat parts of my Predators and Alien to loosen up stiff joints so had expected to do something similar with this one too.

Need to order some more stands as we've now got 5 figures standing up on their own, I've already got a bunch of Lindon bear stands that are nice and heavy and £5 each which is cheaper than I can get a similar sized Kaiser for here in the UK.

Dan

So just to clarify, nobody else's Bale Batman has restricted shoulder articulation? NECA is offering me a replacement, but I have to ship my current one back. I don't want to go through all that if this is a common problem....

a3cfbe8173b0ea48ec6f4bc112a302e5.jpg
35709fb32f44b5f23b8af0e794062fe6.jpg
3c5e78d1648bbd90c104814a3749324e.jpg
d532990f0414bfbb60cb54fd15fac380.jpg

This happened to mine as well. I'm waiting on my replacement.

Figure is incredible by the way, I hope they make more characters from the Nolan trilogy.

The EB is pretty much a statue, his shoulder and hip are severely restricted by the suit, as usual with any rubber outer layer.

Sure EB Batman looks great in a neutral position but with Neca you can pose him with his fists or grappling gun up in the air.

I'm done with high end "realistic" rubber outer costumes or skin, i'll gladly take exposed joints any day of the week.

Agreed! I think I might sell my EB Batman off now that I got this guy.

This happened to mine as well. I'm waiting on my replacement.

Figure is incredible by the way, I hope they make more characters from the Nolan trilogy.

Agreed! I think I might sell my EB Batman off now that I got this guy.

Pretty much not sure about that.
The enterbay version poops all over this version.
Likeness, scale, accesorries.
The hands on the Neca are too small, the cape sucks-I did get a custom for my enterbay tho.
The paint application on the eyes is nowhere near as good.
The seams on the body are my biggest thing.
I look at my enterbay bats & I see a thing of beauty.
I look at the Neca one & I see a toy

2c0355868aa8696d9facce3f5d33bce0.jpg

You can't say the two compare.

You own the enterbay version?

Yup yup.

I like it but he can only do one pose. :lol

Neca did make their suit too shiny though, only the gauntlets needed to be glossy:

image.jpeg

Man, Bale did have small hands didn't he. :lol

image.jpeg

I cry when I think about how much I paid for Takara's. :slap

image.jpeg

Neca truly is collector friendly when it comes to size cost ratio.

2c0355868aa8696d9facce3f5d33bce0.jpg

You can't say the two compare.

The enterbay is cool if I wanted to pay 400. In your picture I see a beast on the left and on the right he looks like he's saying "derp". I'm happy with my $70 purchase.

The enterbay is cool if I wanted to pay 400. In your picture I see a beast on the left and on the right he looks like he's saying "derp". I'm happy with my $70 purchase.

The enterbay has 3 heads & changeable mouthplates so you can have it making any face.
I agree tho for bang for your Buck get the Neca version.u ain't gonna pick up an enterbay anytime soon
It just ain't got a thing on the enterbay

Certainly a scale issue with this figure. He should be slightly shorter than the Arnie Dutch or Ledger Joker but is far taller, also makes the Predators look even more out of scale than they already clearly are.

0739c6717c31853b13fd1b867e71e733.jpg

Still it's a nice figure, and for the price the detail, articulation, and accessories are great. Some creative positioning when I get more shelving sorted out might help him look a little less over dl sized.

Dan

Yup yup.

I like it but he can only do one pose. :lol

Neca did make their suit too shiny though, only the gauntlets needed to be glossy:

[

Even though it's not as accurate, I almost like the gloss the NECA one has. It stands out more on the shelf and doesn't look as dull.

Back