Action Figure NECA: 1/4 scale Batman Arkham Origins figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this figure & it is simply stunning! Fantastic details; sculpt, proportions & paint job (though slightly sloppy in some areas) were spot on and best of all, this figure has an amazing shelf presence! Can't believe it can be had for just under $100..makes me question the sanity of my Hot Toys purchases haha..

That said, mine came with a crooked belt; it wasn't aligned properly to the rubber underwear. Does anyone here know the best tool to use to remove the belt? I tried using a cutter but the adhesive was really strong that the cutter made no impact whatsoever lol

Just got this figure & it is simply stunning! Fantastic details; sculpt, proportions & paint job (though slightly sloppy in some areas) were spot on and best of all, this figure has an amazing shelf presence! Can't believe it can be had for just under $100..makes me question the sanity of my Hot Toys purchases haha..

That said, mine came with a crooked belt; it wasn't aligned properly to the rubber underwear. Does anyone here know the best tool to use to remove the belt? I tried using a cutter but the adhesive was really strong that the cutter made no impact whatsoever lol

I agree to everything you said. All it needed was a 3-hour paint retouch (covering the slops and bad cutlines, improving the face, adding silver paintchip effect) and it becomes all the more stunning, but it's already great straight out of the box.

As for the belt, try not to use cutter as it might accidentally cut parts. Perhaps you could use a flathead screwdriver to pry in-between the belt and the rubber pelvis. Heating it first with a blowdryer can also help if the adhesive tends to be strong.

I agree to everything you said. All it needed was a 3-hour paint retouch (covering the slops and bad cutlines, improving the face, adding silver paintchip effect) and it becomes all the more stunning, but it's already great straight out of the box.

As for the belt, try not to use cutter as it might accidentally cut parts. Perhaps you could use a flathead screwdriver to pry in-between the belt and the rubber pelvis. Heating it first with a blowdryer can also help if the adhesive tends to be strong.

Thanks! I'll give that a try soon!

I've held off on ordering this because I want to go in forbidden planet and pick one for myself. Due to not trusting necas paint apps. It's taken some serious willpower.

I've held off on ordering this because I want to go in forbidden planet and pick one for myself. Due to not trusting necas paint apps. It's taken some serious willpower.

Yeah, if you have an option to go to a store for your NECA figures it's best to get them from there so you could check their stock's paint apps. I ordered from an online store, good thing they participated in last week's Toy Con and they had a booth there so I opted to get it at the event instead of having it shipped :)

IF NECA'S ARKHAM KNIGHT Batman comes close to what The Origins is and this custom I will be a happy man...

10389612_650329571715988_7202264901421431514_n.jpg

Got this guy. Great fig! Especially for the price. It's a little rough and sloppy and has nowhere near the finish of a hot toys figure. But it's really good.

Thinking about trying to hunt one of these down. I'm not sure I necessarily need something in this scale (meaning I have no idea where I'll put it) but it does look really cool. I'm a little worried about the paint apps if I were to order online. This figure reminds me of this large Arnold Schwarzenegger Commando figure I had as a kid:

COMMANDO-2.jpg

Back