NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used photogrammetry to scan in a bootleg hot toys Tom Holland head-sculpt I found on ebay to generate a 3D model. Here's the raw scanned mesh:

raw 1.jpg
raw 2.jpg

Then after some inital sculpting and remodelling I've gotten to this stage. Still a loooooong way to go but I've asked my family members and they say the resemblance is definitely there. Will need to tweak his face, work on skin texture, wrinkles and pores, irises and more detailed hair as well as better lips.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Afterwards 3D print at 1/4 scale using an SLA printer, and my NECA Spidey will have a Tom Holland head sculpt that is basically a up-sized hot toys one!

Anyone interested in helping me out with a doctor strange, Captain America and Thor head sculpt please let me know. Basically if you have the hot toys headsculpts, then I might be interested in resizing. For now though Tom Holland sculpt will be getting my full attention.

Keep posted, and just out of interest, how many of you guys would be interested in purchasing unpainted/painted Tom Holland sculpts from me if I ever do finish?

Hey guys just some updates: did a quick polypaint on top of a slightly tweaked model. Slowly getting there:

rough texture paint 2.jpg
rough texture paint 3.jpg
rough texture paint 4.jpg
rough texture paint 5.jpg
rough texture paint.jpg

Will be aiming for this rough skin-tone when painting.

A proper Captain America in the works... job well done Neca. A few tweaks hear and there ,still a work in progress.
Repaint 1. uniform 2. enhance head sculpts
3. Bulk chest
843d342f147a7e07bf721ef0085962c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice one, is it possible to get some pictures with him with his helmet on? If it's cloudy outside can you take some pictures of him outside too? Your photos are a little bit over exposed. Really interested in seeing what this guy looks like as I have him on pre-order too.

Also, a quick render update:

tom holland headsculpt quick render.jpg

Nice one, is it possible to get some pictures with him with his helmet on? If it's cloudy outside can you take some pictures of him outside too? Your photos are a little bit over exposed. Really interested in seeing what this guy looks like as I have him on pre-order too.

Also, a quick render update:

Still repainting helmet sculpt. Also I work during the day and the figures usually remain inside displayed[emoji28].. see what I can do

Still a work in progress .. Capt helmet face
pretty much. Repaints and mods take a lil time. The pics that's been shown of Cap by Neca and reviewer's is pretty much what you're getting .with difference being how photos are lit. I personally repaint all my 1/4 neca figures to my liking ... eyes.. skin texture.. hair , uniform, suit highlights ect. All for the fun of the hobby.. Now be patient and go have some fun! Also Great idea and nice work on your Alt 1/4 scale heads scupts!
d73a0f871ee9c3789b278bc11ab3ad1f.jpg

WIP
5a4a0347cee6b0e0e1d779b797788306.jpg

Did you apply a gloss coat to his helmet? I don't think that's screen accurate, it was Matte, a satin finish at best. Whatever you prefer though. I like how you've done his eyes and the skin-tone. Even the leather strap, shouldn't be glossy methinks.

Oh that's right, hard surfaces don't shine in certain light ???[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
28c3332e4840d8a49e58f90c8ca098c5.jpg
81fed16c1dad5a045d43360cbd18b059.jpg
5afa94500b1d7c13c79959d08ecd3d40.jpg

Would love to see a Colossus and Juggernaut 1/4 figures.. who else?

Personally would prefer a movie black panther. Also an updated thor, Collossus would be wicked because of the metal, a comic wolverine would be mindblowing too. Cyclops is my favorite character so why not? Captain Marvel NEEDS to be made.

All I care about in this line at this point is comic style wolvie and punisher. Please Randy please!

The movie figures are great and all, but we have Hot Toys. NECA shines when they can run more free eith the character designs.

Oh that's right, hard surfaces don't shine in certain light ???[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
28c3332e4840d8a49e58f90c8ca098c5.jpg
81fed16c1dad5a045d43360cbd18b059.jpg
5afa94500b1d7c13c79959d08ecd3d40.jpg

There's a difference between gloss and satin finishes, one has more specularity than the other (is more reflective). Caps helmet isn't necessarily Matte, but it definitely isn't high gloss either. Unfortunately because NECA sculpted his helmet a lot more bumpy than the screen accurate version, your high gloss coating is creating highly bright, reflective hotspots.

Personally, I'll be sanding down my caps helmet when I get him. to make it smoother and try and get the balance right.

You are right though, the helmet definitely does reflect light to some degree :) I'd just be careful with how shiny I actually want to go.

All I care about in this line at this point is comic style wolvie and punisher. Please Randy please!

The movie figures are great and all, but we have Hot Toys. NECA shines when they can run more free eith the character designs.
Agreed definitely on point! Neca should continue the line with a careful selection of mcu characters, but the comic inception style epic marvel figures are a must! Bring on the Wolverine[emoji41].. apologies for the crappy photos, me no photographer[emoji23]
908045b3d317c516175ddec4fcfc9dd7.jpg
0ee5b3ebf7fb4ab8a24045582a14f26d.jpg
cc5f14f9b44d03005e3dc14f915ddffb.jpg

Back