NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I ordered a Tony Stark head. How hard was it to get the stock neck piece off? Did you use any special tools or just pry it off? I'm always worried about busting something lol

Hmmm not impressed

2CDE3FC4-1C60-414C-9615-7EC45A5BDB8F.jpg

ccc5e4f73e66ef3ce4ea5e8931b7f3c8.jpg

Well there you go. At least an updated Captain America of his best cinematic suit snuck out there, despite it having a few issues from what I can tell. At best the line is on hold for about a year if I had to guess, at worst it's dead and done. It's a shame but for what it's worth they did put out a lot of characters I was hoping for, though there's still so much more potential for both MCU and comic figures.

Wolverine, Punisher, Star Lord, Groot, Rocket, Black Panther, and Infinity War Thor were some I was really wanting to add to the collection. A few of those would definitely sell too.

I will say if the line is to end or be dead in the water for a bit this is the most convenient time for me as funds may become a little tighter for the next little while here lol. The collection could also be expanded but it's at a point where it's very satisfactory and doesn't feel incomplete anyways.

View attachment 407955

Well there you go. At least an updated Captain America of his best cinematic suit snuck out there, despite it having a few issues from what I can tell. At best the line is on hold for about a year if I had to guess, at worst it's dead and done. It's a shame but for what it's worth they did put out a lot of characters I was hoping for, though there's still so much more potential for both MCU and comic figures.

Wolverine, Punisher, Star Lord, Groot, Rocket, Black Panther, and Infinity War Thor were some I was really wanting to add to the collection. A few of those would definitely sell too.

I will say if the line is to end or be dead in the water for a bit this is the most convenient time for me as funds may become a little tighter for the next little while here lol. The collection could also be expanded but it's at a point where it's very satisfactory and doesn't feel incomplete anyways.
Nuff said! Excellent points.... no other way, I guess? fun while it lasted..[emoji17]
9f91759d6f918177cab776f6baf187f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IDK, this'll be an interesting project to fill in the void since NECA won't be releasing new figures any time soon...

Anyone interested in having 1/4 scale versions of the hot toys head-sculpts for these NECA figures? I have a way of up-scaling them to 1/4 size scale, all I need is someone to collaborate with me.

This would be great for Chris Evans, Tom Holland, Chris Hemsworth and Benedict Cumberbatch sculpts.

I have none of the above though, so I need someone who has one of them to let me know. All I need you to do is take lots and LOTS of pictures of the thing and send it to me, and I can use photogrammetry to generate a 3D model of it, which can obviously be printed out at any size one desires.

Basically what I'll do is get a base model from photogrammetry, then clean the model up in zbrush and re-sculpt in some of the finer details. I'll export to .OBJ in the desired size and have it printed out on a SLS 3D printer, hopefully I'll get the print fidelity that I want.

Please let me know though before you start taking pictures, because there are some instructions to follow to get the results right. Also let me know which sculpts you have. If you don't have a sculpt sound off below to let me know which ones you'd be interested in.

I'll release the finished 3D model online for free. However, if 3D printing simply can't get the level of detail I'm satisfied with (I'll get a copy 3D printed and post the results here), I'll probably have to use monster clay and do some smoothening and re-sculpting myself. In which case I'll be selling castings, if anyone is interested. You obviously don't have to buy the castings from me, you can download the 3D model for free and try it out yourself, although it's likely that the castings from the re-sculpted monster-clay head-sculpt will look better.

Just let me know what you guys think and whether you think I should bother? Not sure how much interest and demand there is for this stuff anyways.

Also if you guys are interested in my 3D sculpting work and what I've done, you can check out my deviantART here: https://chenks-r.deviantart.com/

Got the supreme Tony Stark head yesterday. What a difference for sure.

20180512_112912.jpg
20180512_112918.jpg

Yeah, Randy said "hmmm dont think so" in answer to that question in your post on the last page, so it's not looking good.

But damn I really wanna see them crank out a 1/4 comic Wolvie and punisher so bad!

Infinity Wars allstars 1/4 scale Neca wants ... Ironman , Bpanther, Starlord, (stormbreaker)Thor and Thanos!

Yeah, Randy said "hmmm dont think so" in answer to that question in your post on the last page, so it's not looking good.

But damn I really wanna see them crank out a 1/4 comic Wolvie and punisher so bad!
agreed.. want those comic versions!

Back