NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THOR Odinson.. one of my favorite mods and repaints of the Neca 1/4 acale Marvel's
7b12b35a14136ee4a081df664c173c72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Looks great! Is the new hand completely new or did you take it from another figure?

I just sold my 1/4 Battle Damaged Unmasked Avengers Captain America. It was my first QS and the one that got me into these at all.

But I don't really want that and the Civil War Captain America, so it was time to part with it. Far from their best anyways.

Cap is set to start shipping out to retailers around the 15th. NECA always has a small stock of any new figure available about a week before the ship date directly from their eBay and Amazon stores.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
I'm kind of confused. On Amazon, he's listed for pre order with prime shipping, but shows as out of stock. But available for order now on Amazon but thru Neca. I'm wondering if I should just order the one available thru Neca or pre order the prime shipping one and wait for it to come in stock.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Seems Neca's returning to their horror roots? Hopefully we'll see or hear something about Marvel Q scale announcements after they produce ultimate Deadpool ? Sdcc maybe?
c1686d6f3149f7abecbe2f7d567a199c.jpg

I've got the Mark 43 armour but I never got any of the earlier Iron Man releases. That always bugged me as I've always been a huge Iron Man fan since I was a kid. I decided to fix that by getting the Battle Damaged Mark VII. I figured there'd be some symmetry in that by having a release from both Avengers films.

I knew the head sculpt looked average (scratch that, terrible :D) so in advance I went to eBay and scored a 1/4 scale Stark head sculpt.

Both the head sculpt and figure arrived yesterday and I went straight to work. I ditched the original head, then silver dry brushed all of the armour, followed that up with brushing black shoe polish over the suit, gave it a light scourer, did the lightest of light sprays of silver and metallic grey spray paint coats for a dusty look and rounded it off with some light flat clear coat. After that it was just a matter of putting the new head on and bam, one awesome looking figure! All up, it cost 1/5th of what a 1/4 Hot Toys goes for so I'm pretty damned pleased with the result!

pixlr_20180422123430817.jpg

pixlr_20180422122956607.jpg

IMG_20180422_122134_740.jpg

I've got the Mark 43 armour but I never got any of the earlier Iron Man releases. That always bugged me as I've always been a huge Iron Man fan since I was a kid. I decided to fix that by getting the Battle Damaged Mark VII. I figured there'd be some symmetry in that by having a release from both Avengers films.

I knew the head sculpt looked average (scratch that, terrible :D) so in advance I went to eBay and scored a 1/4 scale Stark head sculpt.

Both the head sculpt and figure arrived yesterday and I went straight to work. I ditched the original head, then silver dry brushed all of the armour, followed that up with brushing black shoe polish over the suit, gave it a light scourer, did the lightest of light sprays of silver and metallic grey spray paint coats for a dusty look and rounded it off with some light flat clear coat. After that it was just a matter of putting the new head on and bam, one awesome looking figure! All up, it cost 1/5th of what a 1/4 Hot Toys goes for so I'm pretty damned pleased with the result!

View attachment 405840

View attachment 405842

View attachment 405841
looks good!

Man, I have that BD Iron Man squirreled away in the closet - I forgot just how horrid that sculpt is. Did anyone ever do a proper repaint? For NECA's usual sculpt quality that really was horrid.

I like this idea of putting a HT 1/4 sculpt on it. Seems maybe a hair too big but not obnoxiously so. I bet the head cost equal to or more than the figure haha.

Man, I have that BD Iron Man squirreled away in the closet - I forgot just how horrid that sculpt is. Did anyone ever do a proper repaint? For NECA's usual sculpt quality that really was horrid.

I like this idea of putting a HT 1/4 sculpt on it. Seems maybe a hair too big but not obnoxiously so. I bet the head cost equal to or more than the figure haha.
I don't think a repaint would help much. It's just really badly shaped.

As for the cost of the head - it's on eBay. Search Supreme 1/4 scale Tony Stark head sculpt. I got it for 20% off the list price so it was a good deal. To put it in perspective: the cost of the figure (which I also got on sale) plus the head sculpt was less than the retail cost of the figure by itself when it was released, so I call that a win.

I don't think a repaint would help much. It's just really badly shaped.

As for the cost of the head - it's on eBay. Search Supreme 1/4 scale Tony Stark head sculpt. I got it for 20% off the list price so it was a good deal. To put it in perspective: the cost of the figure (which I also got on sale) plus the head sculpt was less than the retail cost of the figure by itself when it was released, so I call that a win.

Ohhhh. I see that. That is awfully tempting to make into a weekend project. For the weekend time I never have right now :rotfl

Thanks for keying me in on that, I may make that happen now!

"We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live-long day, but…that up there? That's the endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?"
"Together."
"We'll lose."
"Then we'll do that together too."

Attachments

• 20180425_100828.jpg
    20180425_100828.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 184
"We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live-long day, but…that up there? That's the endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?"
"Together."
"We'll lose."
"Then we'll do that together too."
Awesome suace! But not without Cap!

What type of batteries do the Iron Man's take? I know watch batteries, but what numbers? Are there only 1 type or 2?

View attachment 405840

View attachment 405842

View attachment 405841

How long did it take you to receive the head?

Back