NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

For all the time invested in it, I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on it as much as they can with variants. Sounds like the final pants should look like the movie and not the marketing art.

I'd prefer ripped jeans, but I've come to be ok with the AOU pants and I love everything else about this figure, I'm just going to try and get this one rather than gamble on a later release, a new portrait may not be to my liking, especially since they'll reuse most if not all of this body sculpt. On the Hot Toys figure I prefer the non roaring head because it looks best with their body sculpt, but NECA went for a msucles ripping, raging body and a more neutral head would look like it doesn't fit and I don't know what other angry expression they could do besides or better than this. Maybe a paint variant without the the witch eyes, but I actually like that touch.

The sheer size will detract attention from the joints, his head is the size of a child's, my son will have a green brother lol.

Lol, do you have a baby? Cuz my girlfriend and I were also talking about how Hulk is as big as our 7 month daughter. It's like we're gonna have two babies because it's gonna need a ton of room to show off. So excited to see the massive size in person.

Lol, do you have a baby? Cuz my girlfriend and I were also talking about how Hulk is as big as our 7 month daughter. It's like we're gonna have two babies because it's gonna need a ton of room to show off. So excited to see the massive size in person.

My son will turn 2 around when this ships if BBTS release date is right and met, they'll be about the same size. This will be the most massive collectible I own, rivaling Sideshow Jabba and Throne, right now that's the most space consuming piece I own but I feel like Hulk being just a guy, not a whole diorama, will simply look more massive.

Really thought Hulk would've sold out by now at most places. Guess demand isn't that high? Or they're making a lot?

For the size and decent quality, I don't see why the price would turn people away...is there something else?

Really thought Hulk would've sold out by now at most places. Guess demand isn't that high? Or they're making a lot?

For the size and decent quality, I don't see why the price would turn people away...is there something else?

Still trying to figure out how to convince my wife.....It's two feet tall. Might have to hide it at work.

The preorder hasn't even been up a week. The figure is not due to be released until June and you were expecting it to be sold out in most places? Can you please explain that to me?

So close to pre ordering
Need to see it with straight legs and would like to see it next to other figs for some scale

The preorder hasn't even been up a week. The figure is not due to be released until June and you were expecting it to be sold out in most places? Can you please explain that to me?

With the way things get hyped up around here, and witnessing many things with said hype go up on BBTS being sold out within a few days....that's the reasoning. Not unrealistic at all.

But hearing responses now, it seems the main turn away on this figure is sheer size.

NECA 1/4 scales don't sell out in pre-order, but from what I'm told the Predators can be hard to find. The 7 inch versions of the figures do sell very quickly though.

With the way things get hyped up around here, and witnessing many things with said hype go up on BBTS being sold out within a few days....that's the reasoning. Not unrealistic at all.

But hearing responses now, it seems the main turn away on this figure is sheer size.

Very few things sell out in under a week. Especially at multiple stores. And bbts isn't really a large (relative to others) seller either. They still have Thor dark world, mos, and other older stuff for sale from the 1/4 neca line. Just don't see any reason to expect a new Po to be sold out in such a short time everywhere.

NECA repaint with HT 1/4 head sculpt

Source: Platformer Base, Facebook

12687942_10153975130887059_8382054150827472167_n.jpg

I think Hulk can afford to be a bit bigger than he currently is. The scene where he sucker punches Thor in Avengers 1 shows him towering over Thor even when he was hunched. As it is, Hulk doesn't look that much bigger than Iron Man, and doesn't justify Iron Man's need for the Hulkbuster armour.

Back