NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Got my Iron Man yesterday. The quality on mine is terrible.

The red paint is flaking off all other the place.

The whole chest section is actually metallic PINK!

Some of the silver sections are unpainted, just showing white plastic.

AND the worst thing, the whole NECK and HEAD was on backwards!!! Its not just a case of swivelling the head back round. My figure coudn't look down, only up. I had to take it appart to swivel the neck section back, this means ripping the rubber chest section off to get at the screws.

Looks great for display, if you can get it to stand in a natural pose, but the articulation is horrible.

I would like to see pics of this as well. As far as articulation goes, I kinda agree because it's near impossible just to get this guy to stand by himself.
But that being said, I'm not gonna gripe too much because we HAVE to see a Hulk come around.

?..AND the worst thing, the whole NECK and HEAD was on backwards!!! Its not just a case of swivelling the head back round. My figure coudn't look down, only up. I had to take it appart to swivel the neck section back, this means ripping the rubber chest section off to get at the screws.

Looks great for display, if you can get it to stand in a natural pose, but the articulation is horrible.

In that case, just spray paint the whole thing gold, take off the arms and legs and strap it to the back of the Chewbacca Premium Format and call it C3PO! :wink1:

WIP BD Ironman pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Still on the fence with these, but for what they are, they look OK. The NECA's, not the Iron Man helmet. That looks pretty cool :)

I really hope we get a mark from the other movies, or a comic version, or an original creation, as I want a good quality 1/4 scale mark, but the VII is by far my least favourite, and I think the most uninspired of all the movie suits.

Cap is bigger than Iron Man? lol

Yes, on some parts cap America is much bigger than iron man.
Quality control on some of these figures is terrible.

Iron man- I went through 7 boxes to find an iron man I liked, even then he still has a slight blemish on the chest

Captain America- was looking out for any paint defects, there weren't any but then I noticed he was twisted and lopsided. The whole upper part of the chest had been put on wrong leaning to the left, it looked horrible and I couldn't pose him properly. Took back to the shop and got him replaced, new one is much better.

Other than these issues I think these figures are excellent value for money.

anyone know how to take the whole thing apart (neck, arms, legs, waist/middle torso)? I'm not sure if it's simply pulling off each part will do and don't want to break anything...

Several parts can be fitted more properly and I would like to mod the articulation especially the legs (removing the awful "click" positions) so that it can take more precise poses and stand correctly.

Back