NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Just saw the Iron Man in LCS. It is big, but very toyish. I'm not saying it isn't cool, just not the quality I am used to. LCS also had HT Iron Man bust. So I at least went home with something.

Received this figure early in the week from DrakeShip.Gotta say with the exception of some minor paint flaws it's really an awesome figure. If you can pick it up for around $100.00 it's really worth it for a 1/4 scale figure. Not Hot Toys quality,but really nice.

Anybody interested in this figure brand new in box for what I paid for it plus shipping?

Figure cost me $100, but I moved recently and don't have the space for it. I'm guessing shipping would be around $15 or so.

Drakship.com came trough. Never ordered from them before, but my 1/4 scale Iron man arrived within 2 weeks (Amsterdam, The Netherlands). Very fast shipping. I will be ordering from them again.

Sounds great Tubes, congrats.

Was checking out their site, how much did you pay for shipping? Does it depend on weight or was it a flat amount? And where are they located, in case of import charges. I am also from NL.

Egel,

The shipping was $50
They ship from the USA
Not sure if it is flat.
Really not that bad. I've seen higher shipping costs than that.

Yeah,i have to agree with Tubes, Drakeship came through for me too!When every other site was sold out,they had this up for preorder a week before release for $69 + shipping so for me it came out to $83.Can't beat that!THANX Drakeship & Nintenjoe for the hookup!^_^

WIP pic for BD.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Just saw the Iron Man in LCS. It is big, but very toyish. I'm not saying it isn't cool, just not the quality I am used to. LCS also had HT Iron Man bust. So I at least went home with something.

I'm very interested in picking one of these up but this is exactly what I'm worried about. As much as I'd want a poseable Iron Man figure in my display case I really don't want to end up with something that feels or looks like a toy. Is it display case worthy?

also does anyone know if it's capable of doing this exact pose? I've seen a picture on the figures.com review but it was off (the head was facing down and the raised arm was at the wrong angle. I would love to see some pics! thanks guys
Iron_man_HQ_Posters.jpg

Last edited:

I'm very interested in picking one of these up but this is exactly what I'm worried about. As much as I'd want a poseable Iron Man figure in my display case I really don't want to end up with something that feels or looks like a toy. Is it display case worthy? also does anyone know if it's capable of doing this exact pose? I've seen a picture on the figures.com review but it was off (the head was facing down and the raised arm was at the wrong angle. I would love to see some pics! thanks guys

I didn't think it was. When I saw it in person there were many small flaws in the sculpt and other areas. The joints were toyish. It was better than the $40 one at Target, but not that much better.

But, people have been battle-damaging it and that looks cool. I am not good at working with paints and such to perform the battle damage look. I need it to look good out of the box, or with slight futzing.

When I saw the 1/4 scale Hot Toy Mark 42 bust, I knew that the Neca one was really off (I know they are different Marks, I am reffering to quality). It's not without merit, but I will not put it on the same shelf with my Enterbay Batman and Joker. I feel it is a perfect collectible for a new collector without a lot of cash.

This is a toy from NECA. There shouldn't be any expectations that this is more than just a blown-up TRU action figure. Are there improvements to a 7" version of this? The answer is "yes." It's better than some of the previous large figures by companies like NECA, but it's not as good as some of the larger higher-end items. Enjoy it for what it is and for the price. This can not take any really dynamic poses, but to be fair neither can HT's. Although HT's Iron Man can take that crouching stance it looks rather awkward.
This can be a great piece but it's going to require some work. If you have no skills, or money to spend, or can't live with what you get out of the box; you better steer clear of this and wait for something more.

Just got the ironman in NY for $100. :yess: not bad of a figure but definitely as many people already mentioned, do not expect HT quality as this is a NECA figure. But overall i`m still satisfied for the price. Luckily i wouldnt need this bought online as i can choose the one with less paint flaw.

Have a question though, anyone know how to completely disassemble this figure? the torso of my figure is a bit on the loose side, the neck is not fitted straight and one arm's elbow has a gap.
I'd like to fix this by myself but I don't see how can i disassemble each of these parts...

I just got mine in today. Got it from the NECA Ebay shop with Cap A paired.

Overall, it is just a big A$$ toy. The paint job is decent, as everyone else said, no better than those Hasbro figures. The articulation I would say is BELOW expectation. Maybe I was too spoiled by that 1/4 scale Spider-Man Toy Biz puts out a while ago, and expect this to somewhat do the same. Basically, the joints are too tight and it has pre-click positions on most of them that makes fine posing impossible. To make things worse, mine was made that it clicked at either a lean forward or backward position that it does not stand exactly straight. The figure being so top heavy made mine not really "stand-able" if I pose him straight up. Need to maybe loosen those joints somehow and see.

The red paint is nice and glossy, but the gold parts are the ones that is in lack of quality. There are a few spots that has scratches on it out of the box, mainly due to parts rubbing on each other when you move the joints. The mask paint job is not totally smooth, has a few "stubbles" on them, which is not unheard of for action figures but because this one is in such a big scale, it is a bit distracting. Mine has a different (darker) gold on the face than the other body parts. Does anyone has the same issue?

One little note - the right shoulder pad is off when I get the package. Upon opening the toy, the little tab holding the clip is actually broken off. I glued it back, not a big deal. But I think I am gonna take both of them off and "blue tack" them back so that they are closer to the shoulders.

Overall, it is not a collectors piece, but more of a big action figure to just casually play with. Gonna treat it as that and I am happy with what I have.

NECA 1/4 Avengers Iron Man MK VII is out now in the UK and from what i have been told there is not a lot of stock to go around. I had them in at the shop yesterday and there already selling fast.

Yes it's not as good as a Hot Toys Iron Man but i have to sell a Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man MK VII for around £225.00 (Official UK distributor is a lot more expensive than grey import market)

I can sell the NECA 1/4 scale for £74.95-£79.95 to me that is a great price.

I've seen two of these in person and one had horrible paint apps while the other was near perfect. The face on one was just all scratched up, while the other was great.

Very impressive figure, for the price and for what it is, it's hard to complain.

Back