NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

The helmeted Iron Man is pretty good and worth buying. The battle damaged version features a terrible head sculpt IMO. Cap America is decent as well. The battle damaged version is without a mask. The sculpt is better than Stark but not great. Thor has very well done armor. The recurring theme with all of them is poor facial sculpts and paint. Thor might have the worst head sculpt of the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The helmeted Iron Man is pretty good and worth buying. The battle damaged version features a terrible head sculpt IMO. Cap America is decent as well. The battle damaged version is without a mask. The sculpt is better than Stark but not great. Thor has very well done armor. The recurring theme with all of them is poor facial sculpts and paint. Thor might have the worst head sculpt of the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pretty much go with Masked Iron Man and Captain. :rock

That's a pretty good deal for the price, I think. May look into them more.

I love them Chap, especially for the price, just hide IM in the back. :lol

You also won't be able to pose a repulsor blast from IM's hand either, best you'll get out of him is an aggressive finger point.

I love them Chap, especially for the price, just hide IM in the back. :lol

You also won't be able to pose a repulsor blast from IM's hand either, best you'll get out of him is an aggressive finger point.

Finger points CAN be intimidating. :lecture

The helmeted ironman is really decent for the price. I used to own that but sold him. I am looking to start an avengers set up and thinking of going down the Neca route. Battle damage cap looks really decent too and I actuallyt quite like Thor from what iv seen. Yea its a bit off but i do see a bit of Hemsworth in him .
I was thinking of maybe tring to mod the stark iron man by adding an open helmet. I thought someone may have tried it by now but i havnt seen it done. Would need to sand of the hair sculpt for it to fit and probably commision a helmet to be made but i think it would look cool.

If Hulk's portrait is on par with the bobbleheads NECA has done, should be awesome.

Ok soooooooo...

Marvel-Super-Hero-The-Avengers-Hulk-Super-Big-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-25-64CM3.jpg

Is that NECA or a knockoff HT? There's no articulation, can't imagine NECA releasing that.

From what I'm being told it is the NECA figure. I have no clue on the articulation or anything like that as I haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger at $175 or not.

You're absolutely right. However it's apparently made using the NECA tooling. Can I say this with 100% certainty, absolutely not. I'm just going off what I was told by one of my friends that I get my bootlegs from over there and he's always pretty informed.

Ok, well bootlegs often lose articulation and such, if you're going to post things, you might want to at least explain.

They could well be taken from NECA and fine, but that could be off early molds or something without articulation added. I just don't see anyone NECA today would ever release a figure, especially at 1/4 scale with as little articulation as a Bandai Godzilla vinyl, no chance, if this is all they were going to do they'd have had Hulk out ages ago, he's taken so long to work out the articulation I'm sure, they'll never get their 1/4 scale prices for a giant Hasbo Hulk with nicer paint.

Ok, well bootlegs often lose articulation and such, if you're going to post things, you might want to at least explain.

I refer you to my earlier post....

So I read somewhere awhile back that there was a glimpse or two of parts of the Hulk figure in some BTS photos. I have a couple photos of what I'm being told is the NECA Hulk and I wanted to compare before posting them. Any help trying to verify is appreciated.

My post didn't get any kind of feedback so I just posted one of the pictures. I didn't add any info because I didn't really have any. When asked about it my reponse was -

From what I'm being told it is the NECA figure. I have no clue on the articulation or anything like that as I haven't decided if I want to pull the trigger at $175 or not.

I apologize if you found my lack of information misleading in any way. Just posting what might be the NECA Hulk.

And as far as the articulation, or lack thereof, This figure appears to have the same exact articulation as the HT Hulk with POSSIBLY the exception of the elbow (which most people don't utilize anyway because of how the rubber folds) and in relation to NECA...from my understanding, the goal with this whole Hulk thing, was to be able to present it at a certain price point. Most people like myself who are into the NECA figures have stated pretty clearly that anything beyond the $150 range is probably going to sit on shelves. I could easily see them cutting articulation to minimize tooling and therefore cost. This whole line has had QC issues like crazy with ZERO response from customer support (My personal experience as well as others.) My Cap has 2 left legs from the knee down and one of my MK VII's came with the chestplate hanging off, missing pieces, and horrible paint flaws. I contacted them through email, facebook, twitter, you name it...and got no response. They're not exactly a company with the highest standards and/or customer satisfaction. But I accept that because of the price and because I'm in love with the scale.

I could be 100% wrong or 100% right. Time will tell. Sorry again.

Well I didn't go back pages to see your earlier post, I was looking at the latest posts and there was a picture with not context, makes more sense now connecting it to your earlier post.

As far as the articulation, yes, NECA will try to keep price down, part of that is compromises in the figure, part of it is reusing parts, don't be shocked if they do Avengers 1 and 2 versions, Hulkbuster fight paint variant, anything to re-release the figure.

As far as articulation though, even if NECA can't keep cost down and articulate the figure heavily, there's no way they release a Hulk with arms straight down like a Kenner figure from the 80s, they'd be ripped apart all over social media and no one would pay. People may not be willing to shell out more than $150 for any figure, but there's no way they're willing to spend even close to $100 for something like that bootleg.

I'm pretty sure Randy tweeted that it'd be Age of Ultron Hulk, so whatever they do will likely be much different from this anyway, but this figure looks just like Hot Toys but blown up and reduced in articulation, I think it's a bootleg off HT, not NECA.

Back