NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done LIBBY1957DOG that looks fab :clap

cheers mate glad you like it neca batman is now the the "cloth crusader" and joins the party lol
20150804_182448_zpsot2odcos.jpg
20150804_182718_zps54jldw22.jpg
20150804_182902_zpsslmqjftx.jpg
20150804_185052_zpsiuovl6xi.jpg
20150804_185610_zps3sygosej.jpg
20150804_185427_zpsuazxdfid.jpg
20150804_185450_zpslrpo4rmm.jpg

i dont think supes does "fist bumps "

Great work!
Superman is the stand out of the two, Batman's outfit looks like flannel pajamas in those latest shots.

Libby, sad to say, but you pointed out a flaw in the stock fig with your costume upgrade
Seems your costume is much closer to the on screen color than the stock, IMO

Great fig though

youre right its a great figure any way up ,and as for the color ,i think the neca is fine but it represents more the blue color of the remastered special edition dvd movie release than the original turquoise blue forced on the film makers by the reliance of blue screen for the flying effects ,ie supes blue suit would not register as well or completly dissapear so they had to add the turquoise to the suit for it to register ,then in 2000 they could color correct things and we got a bluer suit ,and that what neca seemed to reference unsurprisingly for this figure ,as to the color of the suit i used ,i cant sew so that choice was made for me by robert tonner with the material he used for his doll lol ,happily it sort of works for the movie suit

youre right its a great figure any way up ,and as for the color ,i think the neca is fine but it represents more the blue color of the remastered special edition dvd movie release than the original turquoise blue forced on the film makers by the reliance of blue screen for the flying effects ,ie supes blue suit would not register as well or completly dissapear so they had to add the turquoise to the suit for it to register ,then in 2000 they could color correct things and we got a bluer suit ,and that what neca seemed to reference unsurprisingly for this figure ,as to the color of the suit i used ,i cant sew so that choice was made for me by robert tonner with the material he used for his doll lol ,happily it sort of works for the movie suit

The green shots used a special green version of the suit, but the ones worn during regular filming and Zoptic shots where blue as was seen in the movie. When they did the DVD remaster, they only recoloured the suits for the green screen shots, (such as the approach to the cat in the tree, and just before saving Jimmy at the dam) .

The Blu-Ray has since been recoloured which has made the suit look very teal during most of the movies. :mad:

I think the suit you have is quite accurate to the look of the suit during much of the first movie. I would say the blue Neca used is a bit more to the colour pallette of Superman II. Of course as lighting changes from scene to scene, you can pick examples from all the movies where the suit looks various different shades.

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

I was extremely hesitant to purchase this figure, Neca, in my opinion has not had a great reputation of capturing the likeness of people's faces. This item at $100.00, while cheaper then Hot Toys Reeves Superman original retail price, is still alot of money. When it finally arrived I was so relieved and amazed at the likeness to Chris Reeves. Who ever did this sculpt, you did a great job. Overall this is the definitive Chris Reeves figure. If you have any doubts, get over it. This is a wonderful representation of my Superman. Christopher Reeves will always be my Superman.

Right there with you. This will probably be my figure of the year, unless something unforeseen and incredible occurs :)
I agree, I haven't bought the battle damaged robocop set yet(which has had great reviews) but this is an epic figure
I enjoy it more than my ht version, I do think the body is more reeve like and its effect is compounded at 1/4 scale
Ht wins in the head sculpt but that doesn't mean this one is bad, it's still very good
And this cape just drapes better than the ht version(might have something to do with not being wired)
Last but not least is the cost, at $100, this is less than half of the ht version, unbeatable

Did a repaint on this guy. Lightened up the skin tone, I also highlighted the cheek bones and toned the lips down. Pics are not the best but hopefully you get the idea...

Last edited:
Haha zombie supes lol. Yea the led's are washing the tones out a bit. Havnt had any decent light or weather to take a decent snap of him.

Its the only camera I have but you right, its not the best. I might warm the tone up a bit. Will see how he looks in natural light in the morning.

Back